Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2006, 08:54 PM   #46
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
So, from an objective, outside viewpoint, why do you think the E type has always held the title of "sexy" car, and been acclaimed so internationally, and was a classic from day one, while the Evo, even as you agree, won't?

What about the design of the E type or the Ferrari I posted gave it sex appeal that spans generations, genders, and societal boundaries? And what, in your opinion makes the Evo "sexier," other than the agressive stance?
What, so because the Evo is never gonna be a classic car, it cant be sexy? and because the Jag has been called sexy internationally, from day one, aswell as being a classic, I'm not allowed to say otherwise?

It's all to do with opinions my freind. It seems to me that we always come back to this debate about opinions. Now I never said "It's the sexiest car ever and everyone should agree" I merely asked if you guys agreed with my opinion....end of story. Chris, the E-Type has just never done anything for me. I can appreciate all sorts of cars, I just love more modern examples (apart from classic Muscle casrs of course!), end of story

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 03-13-2006 at 04:23 PM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 09:46 PM   #47
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

I knew it was going to come down to this, and yet I held out hope... Instead of intelligently entering a conversation, and a discourse using intellect, you have to whine about it being your opinion.

If you can't even START to examine, or allow to be examined, WHY your opinion is what it is, then it's f*cking worthless. I wasn't attacking you, I just wanted to see of you or anyone was capable of objective discussion about a subjective subject. But, as is typical, whine about opinions rather then show any mental ability. I was ready to duscuss how the opinion of the majority was arrived at, when discussing cars, vis a vis sexuality, and sexy imagery and form. And discuss how the information and sensory input you used to form your opinion fit in with that, in comparison with decades old, hell, centuries old, study of "sexiness" as applied to decidedly non-sexual objects. But no, you're not capable of it any more than any other 12 year old here.

Thanks, Cliffy, for proving why I rarely listen to anyone here.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 03:05 AM   #48
ToshoRcing
CF Newbie

nothing better than my sig
Old 03-12-2006, 02:57 PM   #49
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
I knew it was going to come down to this, and yet I held out hope... Instead of intelligently entering a conversation, and a discourse using intellect, you have to whine about it being your opinion.

If you can't even START to examine, or allow to be examined, WHY your opinion is what it is, then it's f*cking worthless. I wasn't attacking you, I just wanted to see of you or anyone was capable of objective discussion about a subjective subject. But, as is typical, whine about opinions rather then show any mental ability. I was ready to duscuss how the opinion of the majority was arrived at, when discussing cars, vis a vis sexuality, and sexy imagery and form. And discuss how the information and sensory input you used to form your opinion fit in with that, in comparison with decades old, hell, centuries old, study of "sexiness" as applied to decidedly non-sexual objects. But no, you're not capable of it any more than any other 12 year old here.

Thanks, Cliffy, for proving why I rarely listen to anyone here.
So I'm a twelve year old?

Chris, nobody is forcing you to be here......it's you who keeps on coming here, so hows about you stop whining about why you "rarely listen to any of us here"....I respect that the E-Type is a classic car, and probably sexy to most people, but I just dont find it that way...dunno why, I've just never looked at it like that

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Last edited by Cliffy : 03-12-2006 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:58 PM   #50
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
its called the "global engine"... it's not from the dodge parts bin.

damlier chrysler, mitsubishi, and hyundai were all like "let's build some new engines for our cars!! yaaaaay!!"

and they did.

and now the caliber and lancer will use the same (family) of engines... the srt4 will use a 2.4L version i believe, while the lancer may stick with a 2.0L engine...

and about the platform. you're wrong on that too. mitsubishi designed it, and it's called the GS platform. the caliber will use it, and a few other new dodge vehicles, like the new agenver.

I'm talking about the EVOLUTION engine, not the base Lancer engine.

Still a parts bin engine IMO! The EVO is cool now because it uses the excellent 4g63T...why change that?

Also, are you trying to tell me, the new EVO X and Caliber AWD share the same chassis? MEaning it's not even a modifed version of one another...same wheelbase etc..?

~Blow your mind~

Last edited by thunderbird1100 : 03-12-2006 at 10:00 PM.
thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 10:31 PM   #51
ride3k
CF Addict

Quote:
So, from an objective, outside viewpoint, why do you think the E type has always held the title of "sexy" car, and been acclaimed so internationally, and was a classic from day one, while the Evo, even as you agree, won't?

What about the design of the E type or the Ferrari I posted gave it sex appeal that spans generations, genders, and societal boundaries? And what, in your opinion makes the Evo "sexier," other than the agressive stance?

i think all the older cars, classics u might say are TOO liney, like they are trying to wave at me. I dont think the nose down idea is a very good one either b/c it confuses the perspective on teh car, for me at least, it looks like it stopping in the front, then speeding up in the rear. Some of the most sexy cars i can think of are the viper (ver very very nice lines, looks like its going 100mph when its standing still) some of the middle gen 'maros (i like the more right angle type lines, very different from the viper, but it is a different type of style, and very nice looking car in my own opinon) gen befor last 3 sieres (nice classy look to me, still with speed lines, and ive just allways liked them) and i like the first gen 3kgt (has a beautiful stance, and with slighter bigger wheels than stock [17 or 18] looks GREAT on the road, it is also a very wide car, contributing to the stance a bit there, and it has a very nice mesh of right angles and curves to it, vey nice looking car)

and just so you know chris, it is not possible to have a intelectual discussion on stylistic features, no way in hell is it possible b/c of a few reasons
1) it may be "correct looking" or have the perfect lines, that dosent mean it looks fabulous
2) who cares what masses think? its all about what the person thinks, im not gunna argue that the masses dont think somethign, but am i not allowed to argue what i think?
3) EVERYONE HAS A DIFFERENT OPINON get over it, just b/c you think an e-type looks good and a lot of other people do, dosent mean i think it looks good to

grow up man, you act more like the 12 yr olds on the board when you whine and complain when someone else opinon dosent mesh with yours

My 3000GT SL

The Ever Resourceful hyundaguy once said "i had to make a bong out of a beer can, so yeah, "beer can/bong" would be the acceptable term used!"

once again, educating the young ones!
ride3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 10:32 PM   #52
ride3k
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100

Still a parts bin engine IMO! The EVO is cool now because it uses the excellent 4g63T...why change that?

Also, are you trying to tell me, the new EVO X and Caliber AWD share the same chassis? MEaning it's not even a modifed version of one another...same wheelbase etc..?

i dont think its gunna happen, have u seen the concepts? the caliber looks almost like a xA or something, it there to compete with the peugots and geo metro's in europe

dodge is going internationall baby

My 3000GT SL

The Ever Resourceful hyundaguy once said "i had to make a bong out of a beer can, so yeah, "beer can/bong" would be the acceptable term used!"

Old 03-13-2006, 02:04 AM   #53
jdubya
CF Enthusiast

i actually do NOT like this car, the new eclipse is much better.

PRELUDE POWER!
jdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:49 AM   #54
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubya

Aesthetically, maybe. But that much power shouldn't be going to the front wheels.
------------
I don't like the design of the new 10 at all. THE nine is much a better eye-turner than the ten.

The tail-lights in the night are beautiful.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:53 AM   #55
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
Aesthetically, maybe. But that much power shouldn't be going to the front wheels.
------------
I don't like the design of the new 10 at all. THE nine is much a better eye-turner than the ten.

I agree.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 05:24 AM   #56
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
me too.
Quote:
because they have something better?
Quote:
no.

have a read:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Caliber which links to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_GS_platform and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_...uring_Alliance

i believe i read that the engine was being replaced in the evoX, but i cant find anything saying that. but i THOUGH i had in the past. also, the caliber srt4 references a GEMA turbocharged 2.4L, but that engine isn't spoken of in the GEMA page. so it could be true that the new engine for the evoX also just isn't spoken of because of lack of confirmation.

i also searched a bit on autoblog.com, but couldn't find anything there about it. (their search thing really isn't that useful, as you cant search and see just the title... so you have to sift through pages of useless garbage..)
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 07:11 AM   #57
ride3k
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
me too.

because they have something better?

no.

have a read:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Caliber which links to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_GS_platform and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_...uring_Alliance

i believe i read that the engine was being replaced in the evoX, but i cant find anything saying that. but i THOUGH i had in the past. also, the caliber srt4 references a GEMA turbocharged 2.4L, but that engine isn't spoken of in the GEMA page. so it could be true that the new engine for the evoX also just isn't spoken of because of lack of confirmation.

i also searched a bit on autoblog.com, but couldn't find anything there about it. (their search thing really isn't that useful, as you cant search and see just the title... so you have to sift through pages of useless garbage..)

hey, on the GEMA link, it says that the caliber will use the full lin up of GEMA engines, but the only mitsu car using them would be the highlander, so i dont think there gunn change the evoX engine, why mess with succes

PS you also know that its more chrysler taking mitsu ENGINES and mitsu tkaing chrysler PARTS right? they did this b/c the japonase were very very efficent in the engine department, but had a lack of prowess in the parts manufacturing process, so thats why a lot of the mitsu cars have the exact same parts as dodge/chryslers, IE on my car, the 3kgt, the side view mirrors are the EXACT SAME PART on the viper, right down to part number and everything, its pretty cool

My 3000GT SL

Old 03-13-2006, 07:30 AM   #58
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

it's the outlander, not the highlander (that's a toyota suv).

take a look at this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIVEC
"Mivec in the Lancer Evolution controls only valve timing, not lift."

why would they help make a new engine with more features then their current one, and NOT use it for their preformance machine?

sure, a purist will say what you've said about the 4G63T, but that's rarely ever how a company thinks.
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 04:28 PM   #59
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
------------

I disagree, easier on the eye maybe...but the 10 would certainly turn my head quicker, that's for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride3k
and just so you know chris, it is not possible to have a intelectual discussion on stylistic features, no way in hell is it possible b/c of a few reasons
1) it may be "correct looking" or have the perfect lines, that dosent mean it looks fabulous
2) who cares what masses think? its all about what the person thinks, im not gunna argue that the masses dont think somethign, but am i not allowed to argue what i think?
3) EVERYONE HAS A DIFFERENT OPINON get over it, just b/c you think an e-type looks good and a lot of other people do, dosent mean i think it looks good to

grow up man, you act more like the 12 yr olds on the board when you whine and complain when someone else opinon dosent mesh with yours
I agree. Unfortunately because Chris knows alot about all sorts of cars, I think you'll find that as far as he's concerned, if we dont like the same cars he does, he just accuses us of not understanding the finer things in life. Truth is, an opinion is an opinion regardless of what everyone else thinks!

Old 03-13-2006, 06:39 PM   #60
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubya

And much worse performing.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote