Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2003, 03:59 AM   #1
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

maybe someone can answer my question befor i write to honda

ive been looking at the honda.co.jp (very hard to do... cuz its all writin in japaneese) the honda.com, and acura.com.

and ive noticed something that kinda of um, "burns my steam" as i like to put it.

heres a list of what ive noticed:
j=japan honda
am=american honda
a=acura

ok here we go-

accord (j) = tsx (a)
inspire (j) = accord (am)
integra (j) = rsx (a)
MDX (j) = MDX (a)
legend (j) = RL (a)
and why does honda japan have so more variaties of cars then american honda/acura have togather?

please help me... oh, and since ive done my research, I HATE ACURA
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 05:35 AM   #2
57ock
CF Addict

Australia gets the same names as the Jap cars
Old 06-30-2003, 07:22 AM   #3
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

your lucky, so does the uk, i just found that out... whats the website ending for australia? like .co.au? or something?

Old 06-30-2003, 10:12 AM   #4
57ock
CF Addict

www.honda.com.au
Old 06-30-2003, 09:09 PM   #5
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

I might be 'lucky' enough not have Acuras where I live but I also don't know much about the American cars that are talked about in this forum because of my location. In England, young drivers tend to drive Saxos, Corsas, Puntos etc... Cars that are barely bigger than go carts P
What's the deal with Mercury? Is a Mercury Cougar like a Ford Cougar? Do you have Vauxhall in America or is it called something else?
snoopewite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 11:42 PM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopewite
I might be 'lucky' enough not have Acuras where I live but I also don't know much about the American cars that are talked about in this forum because of my location. In England, young drivers tend to drive Saxos, Corsas, Puntos etc... Cars that are barely bigger than go carts :P
What's the deal with Mercury? Is a Mercury Cougar like a Ford Cougar? Do you have Vauxhall in America or is it called something else?

1. No such luck. You have Acura's, they just say Honda on them in Europe.

2. Mercury is a subsidiary of Ford. Never heard of a Ford Cougar. Originally the Cougar was Merc's version of the Mustang, a little bigger, heavier and more luxurious. They shared the same platform until '74 when the Mustang was downsized and the Cougar was upsized to the same platform as the Thunderbird. Interestingly enough in '82(?) when the Mustang went to the Fox platform so did the T-Bird and Cougar so once again they where brothers under the skin although substantially larger.

3. Vauxhall as you know is a subsidiary of GM and is essentially the same car as Germany's Opel. No they're not sold in the states however a version of the Opel/Vauxhall (the names of which escape me right now)was recently sold in the states as a Cadillac Catera.

Hope this helps.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 03:41 AM   #7
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

ive tried to look for a customer service this for honda, but they have no email thing for it... mqaybe i missed it, anyone know? ....i dont like what theyre doing

Old 07-01-2003, 06:39 AM   #8
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

i just learned another thing... on accident this time, the nissan 350z is the nissan fairlady in japan
and the infinity g35 is the nissan skyline in japan
....whys japan doin this to us?

Old 07-01-2003, 10:11 PM   #9
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

vwhobo wrote -
"1. No such luck. You have Acura's, they just say Honda on them in Europe.

2. Mercury is a subsidiary of Ford. Never heard of a Ford Cougar. Originally the Cougar was Merc's version of the Mustang, a little bigger, heavier and more luxurious. They shared the same platform until '74 when the Mustang was downsized and the Cougar was upsized to the same platform as the Thunderbird. Interestingly enough in '82(?) when the Mustang went to the Fox platform so did the T-Bird and Cougar so once again they where brothers under the skin although substantially larger.

3. Vauxhall as you know is a subsidiary of GM and is essentially the same car as Germany's Opel. No they're not sold in the states however a version of the Opel/Vauxhall (the names of which escape me right now)was recently sold in the states as a Cadillac Catera.

Hope this helps."

1. I was refering to Mazda6man's post about being 'lucky'.

2. The Ford Cougar in England is like a coupe version of the latest Mondeo. It's taken over from the Probe.

3. I read that the Cadillac Catera is imported from Germany. The name that you were looking for is the Omega. Opels are made all over Europe though and not just Germany.

Thanks for the reply vwhobo. Now I'd like to know what the Cavalier is in America, since it can't be anything to do with the Vauxhall Cavalier. It's just like how in America there's the Nova, but in England the Nova is the 'supermini' predecessor to the Vauxhall Corsa. Another Australian one is the Holden Astra, that's got nothing to do with the Vauxhall Astra.
Old 07-02-2003, 02:18 AM   #10
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopewite
vwhobo wrote: -
"1. No such luck. You have Acura's, they just say Honda on them in Europe.

Hope this helps."

1. I was refering to Mazda6man's post about being 'lucky'.

2. The Ford Cougar in England is like a coupe version of the latest Mondeo. It's taken over from the Probe.

3. I read that the Cadillac Catera is imported from Germany. The name that you were looking for is the Omega. Opels are made all over Europe though and not just Germany.

Thanks for the reply vwhobo. Now I'd like to know what the Cavalier is in America, since it can't be anything to do with the Vauxhall Cavalier. It's just like how in America there's the Nova, but in England the Nova is the 'supermini' predecessor to the Vauxhall Corsa. Another Australian one is the Holden Astra, that's got nothing to do with the Vauxhall Astra.

Snoope, the most direct answer to your request is it's a Chevy POS. This will give you a more politically correct answer.

http://www.chevrolet.com/cavalier/

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 04:42 AM   #11
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

Thanks again vwhobo.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:34 PM   #12
Estioko
CF Newbie

Post Jdm

The Japanese Domestic Market is different than that of USDM. The cars are different due to the fact that Japan has different standards than US. For instance the speed limit on the Chuo Expressway (Tokyo Area) is 80 KPH, Which is 49.71 MPH. Not exaclty the 75 MPH speed limit we have in California, Interstate 10 for instance. So the cars are built differently even though they are the same car. However the name is not the same, as you well know. Now why that is I am not sure off hand however, I will ask my buddie I work with here in Tokyo who sells cars from auction, maybe he knows why they didn't just call the Legend (the first Acura) a Honda. Here is a great link on the history behind Acura,

http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/make...ID=&event ID=

and please email me so I can get back to you on your JDM question's. Thanks

E-mail: est@estiokocustomconcepts.com
Old 10-12-2005, 04:57 PM   #13
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6man
ive been looking at the honda.co.jp (very hard to do... cuz its all writin in japaneese) the honda.com, and acura.com.

and ive noticed something that kinda of um, "burns my steam" as i like to put it.

heres a list of what ive noticed:
j=japan honda
am=american honda
a=acura

ok here we go-

accord (j) = tsx (a)
inspire (j) = accord (am)
integra (j) = rsx (a)
MDX (j) = MDX (a)
legend (j) = RL (a)
and why does honda japan have so more variaties of cars then american honda/acura have togather?

please help me... oh, and since ive done my research, I HATE ACURA

We are getting the Honda Fit/Jazz in a year or two.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 08:40 PM   #14
Oomba
Banned

Estioko, this is a 2 year old thread you moron.

Just to clear things up, the Mercury Cougar IS the Ford Cougar.
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 08:43 PM   #15
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
Estioko, this is a 2 year old thread you moron.

Just to clear things up, the Mercury Cougar IS the Ford Cougar.
8O!!, NO WAY