Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2004, 05:18 AM   #1
jon348
CF Newbie

insurance hints

I work in this field so if you are getting quotes for the uk try these may bring down prices.

firstly easy always say you pay annually, that will take of around 8% (they load for dd because of bad risk data).

always get quotes in the second and third week of the month as they increase premiums at other times eg1 and 4 due to the purchase becoming distressed.

always say you need it today "sales people are greedy" they will push harder but you geta better deal.

car groups can be altered by insurers shop around.

imports prior to 94 dont generally get good premiums.

the group is not definning for price often mention how long you have had a license in full for average is 9 years again better price less risk

adding wifes makes it cheaper in general! thats the only thing that gets cheaper.

hope this helps, if you need more or some decent contacts email me,
jon348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 05:29 AM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Thanx for the tips I'm insured by Norwitch Union and I believe that the reason I got such a good quote was beause they include your Provisional driving license when they ask how long you've held your license for! you dont work for them do you? *waits for the prices to rise and the questions to change by next year lol*

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote