Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2006, 12:58 PM   #1
Legion5
CF Enthusiast

Rant about Trade-ins.

Ok, here's the deal, about 8 months ago, I got a nice compact car, brand new for about 15k, and now I'm ready to trade up to something cooler. Now I'm not usually the type to whine and complain and all this, but this doesn't seem very fair. I put 1000$ into the car, with rims, so that means I spent 16,000$ on it. I've put about 7000 miles on it.

Here's what I want to trade up to. an 03 CLK500, and put about 7000$ worth of Brabus mods on it http://www.brabus.com , specificaly make it look like the car here: http://www.brabus-usa.com/mbcars.html 2nd from the top, except with, matte rims, instead of chrome.

You know I call the guys, and they want something like 56,000$ for it, and it is a 46,000$ car to begin with... again maybe 8,000$ worth of mods on it. This car is called a brabus 6.1 except without the engine. You get the idea. Now here is the cool part, my budget is about 26,000$, you know because I need furniture for my house, all these cool things.

Twenty Six Grand, some people make that much money in a Year, let alone, have that laying around, **** there are people starving in Africa lest I mention, while I'm here complaining about our profiteering auto industry.

Ok so tight budget, and I need to re-invest pretty much everything I make now in my business, and I want a unusual, but classy car to ride in.

A new CLK500 sells fro 55,000$ and people even say it is not all that without the sport package. Supposedly the car is the equivalent of a limp dick without it. (worry not, lowering springs can fix that up, right away).

-

Now like I was saying, I hear Mercedes are Extremely unreliable, but don't fear, the car comes with a 4 year warranty, to a little over January 07 and is good upto 50,000 miles.

Here is what I ideally want, a simple transaction, I give a man 22,000$ and a almost brand new, Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe, with or without 1 grand rims, and he gives me a Black CLK 500, with Black Interior, with 31,000 miles on it, no questions asked, and nobody tells anyone where I hid the 12 pounds of cocaine.

Then I personally consult Micky Mouse, and he magically materializes 3 grand out of thin air, I instal my parts and you see a big smile on my face, because of how mother ****ing cool my car is.

Now here is what is really going to happen. All of the GOOD CLK500's are going to, firstly be high millage, and scuffed up by some freak, who miss treats Mercedes Benzes. Secondly, all CLK 500's will have, a useless navigation system, which tells you to go the wrong way on one way roads, and make illegal left turns, this will drive the price up an additional 2k, for something I don't want in the first place. Furthermore, all of the good colors will be not for sale... the only available color will be Forest Ever Green (who the F*ck buys a car in FOREST EVER GREEN in the first place?). Finally dealers will try to upsell me, to buy a car for 40 grand, but this is cool, because I'm fine with paying money I don't have. Really dealer guys, you are cool. A+ work.

Here is my favorite kicker though, this will shock you, remember that car I told you I put 16k into? It is worth, ten thousand dollars now. Less if you ask Kelly Blue Book.

(praise edmunds.com)

Now let's consider a few other options...

Infinity M35
Lexus SC 430
BMW M3

Infinity M35 <--- Can't Buy It (at it's depreciated price)
Lexus SC 430 <--- Too Small
BMW M3 <--- Falls Apart (02)

You know what's left guys? That wonderful, car by Infinity. Call me crazy, but I'm not too fond of becoming a G Thirty F*ggot. You know that thing with 4 wheels that everyone else drives. It is so cheep I will have cash left over to BATHE in, yes sir, it actualy reminds me of something cool. You know the Ford Model-T of days past, it's a lot like it, don't get me wrong, it's shapely interior, and model-T like stance, and producability, really give, everyone including me a sort of commonality with it... that being said, I am convinced there is a Conspiracy, by Infinity, to make every single person in the US drive an Infinity G35, including but not limited to, at least 7 or 8 among my friends.

Oh where is the love to us Mercedes Folk. Either way I am confident that a CLK500 will turn up, that meets my specifications. I am very confident in this. If any dealers can get me discounts, I will give you more hugs than Valentines Day.

- Danny

Last edited by Legion5 : 03-12-2006 at 05:25 PM.
Legion5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 03:54 PM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Well, are you happy now you've got that off your chest? lol.....not sure how truthfull you're being about being able to own one though

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 03-12-2006 at 04:04 PM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 04:14 PM   #3
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

well i was gonna say g35 but never mind,

M3's fall apart???
zalight can clear that up for you,

what about a 350z?

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 05:20 PM   #4
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Good read...a bit odd, but interesting lol...but why are you limiting yourself to only those cars, why not something like an Acura TL or TSX, a Lancer Evo VIII, Impreza WRX STi(?), etc...

Also since when are M3's unreliable?...
Old 03-12-2006, 06:07 PM   #5
97Talonchik
discombobulated

Wow, I can't even follow that post. It goes into about six different directions.
Any mature, classy person would not continuously refer to illegal drug deals, cars being limp dicks, and how motherf'ing cool their car is going to be when they pimp it. Slip into your jammies because you are dreaming. Frankly, I'm quite tired of hearing your fairytales.
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 06:29 PM   #6
Legion5
CF Enthusiast

Hey, you're cute, say something else cute.

- Danny
Old 03-12-2006, 08:04 PM   #7
ride3k
CF Addict

ok wait, so you have a car that deprciated to 10 grand, and you have 26 grand, and yopur trying to buy a car that costs 55 grand? are you rele that retarded? or do you not know how to count?

My 3000GT SL

The Ever Resourceful hyundaguy once said "i had to make a bong out of a beer can, so yeah, "beer can/bong" would be the acceptable term used!"

once again, educating the young ones!
ride3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 08:46 PM   #8
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Nobody believes you Legion...a few months ago you were a 16/17 year old with a Cobalt and always telling us you were getting some expesnive lux car...now you "cant spend more than $26k, because you need to buy furniture for your house"....Now you're moved out (As a minor), have your own house and have $26k laying around to spend o na car...get a LIFE! No one believes your BS.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 08:54 PM   #9
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
Nobody believes you Legion...a few months ago you were a 16/17 year old with a Cobalt and always telling us you were getting some expesnive lux car...now you "cant spend more than $26k, because you need to buy furniture for your house"....Now you're moved out (As a minor), have your own house and have $26k laying around to spend o na car...get a LIFE! No one believes your BS.
Ahem...
Old 03-12-2006, 09:04 PM   #10
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 11:33 PM   #11
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Old 03-13-2006, 12:23 AM   #12
Legion5
CF Enthusiast

Hey, I think we should Ban Thunderbird1100, he's a pretty negative person, and I don't want THAT on a public discussion forum.

Who's with me!

Lack of insightful contributions isn't very progressive, and I feel he damages our atmosphere here.

- Danny
Old 03-13-2006, 12:23 AM   #13
Legion5
CF Enthusiast

- Doubble post, sorry.

- Danny
Old 03-13-2006, 12:42 AM   #14
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5
Hey, I think we should Ban Thunderbird1100, he's a pretty negative person, and I don't want THAT on a public discussion forum.

Who's with me!

Lack of insightful contributions isn't very progressive, and I feel he damages our atmosphere here.

- Danny

ummmmm.....

I dont think a whole lot of people are with you on that one

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 01:43 AM   #15
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5

Who's with me!

- Danny
Yeeahh!! Ban that f*cker

...Are you serious? He helps out more than a lot of members (including me lol)...How is he negative?...Because he disproved your story?...I don't want you on this public forum

Last edited by chris_knows : 03-13-2006 at 03:54 AM.
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote