Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2006, 08:22 AM   #1
VoRtEx-DeSiGn
CF Newbie

Hello all... (And a question)

Hello again everyone, I am back after a short leave (Personal Issues). Either way I am looking for some suggestions. I am looking for a fun car to drive, around 10k in price. I am not that worried about year/mileage as long as it is reliable. I would like there to be plenty of upgrades for it (I have read the Miata article and the car really sounds great.) But I would also want a bit of unique-ness (Is that a word) to the car. So something fun and sporty. I am not really worried about brand anymore, as I learned my father will live with it (GM can't do everything right... that was a huge arguement).

Thanks in advance,
Nathanial

- Sorry about bad spelling/grammer... I really need to work on my english...
VoRtEx-DeSiGn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:06 AM   #2
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

Welcome to CarForums.

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 05:07 PM   #3
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekWarrior
Welcome to CarForums.
If I was Vortex...that would have really annoyed me lol.

Welcome to CF lol..jk.

Does practicality matter to you? I mean, you say you like the Maita, but it has just two seats....Is this acceptable for your needs?

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 09:42 AM   #4
VoRtEx-DeSiGn
CF Newbie

I am not really worried about practicality, I allready have the everyday go to work, do this and that van for it. I really just want something fun to drive, that I can beef up abit. Not that I want a balls to the wall drag car either (I would prob. just take a car there to see how fast it could really go safely). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

As for GreekWarrior... I just though he has a really short attention span... We all get that way sometimes (*cough* Girl-friend *cough*)

Thanks again,
Nathanial
Old 03-14-2006, 09:51 AM   #5
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoRtEx-DeSiGn
As for GreekWarrior... I just though he has a really short attention span... We all get that way sometimes (*cough* Girl-friend *cough*)

One day when someone asks me "Hey how you going?" I'm gona answer with "Welcome to CarForums" and give them a thumbs up without knowing it.

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:39 AM   #6
Vlad
CF Addict

I'd reccomend a 97-01 prelude. Can be found under 10k, and very good looking, good power, excellent handling, very fun to drive. I have a 98 5-speed and love it.

Also, you MIGHT be able to find a 99+ mustang GT for 10 grand. Pretty cool and fast car, the only problem is not so unique, they are everywhere.

An integra GSR would be a good choice if you intend on modding it, because parts are super abundant.

LOTS of choices in your price range.
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 01:40 AM   #7
jdubya
CF Enthusiast

preludes all the way. i got a 89 2.0 4WS, and i love it.

PRELUDE POWER!
jdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 02:13 AM   #8
V-Tec
CF's student post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad
I'd reccomend a 97-01 prelude. Can be found under 10k, and very good looking, good power, excellent handling, very fun to drive. I have a 98 5-speed and love it.

Also, you MIGHT be able to find a 99+ mustang GT for 10 grand. Pretty cool and fast car, the only problem is not so unique, they are everywhere.

An integra GSR would be a good choice if you intend on modding it, because parts are super abundant.

LOTS of choices in your price range.
DAMN it's like u read my mind.... i was gonna say the same 3 cars...
umm maybe like a
01-03 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V
91-96 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo
These are some of what i can think of... I was gonna say Prelude, GSR, and COBRA or GT.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:23 AM   #9
Vlad
CF Addict

Quote:

Muahahaha!!! It's not like I read ur mind, I did!!!
Old 03-15-2006, 03:24 AM   #10
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Tec
umm maybe like a
01-03 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V
91-96 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo
These are some of what i can think of... I was gonna say Prelude, GSR, and COBRA or GT.
Good luck finding a 300ZX TT for 10K that runs. A regular 300ZX would be more in that price range. You should look into LS1 F-bodies (1998-2002 Camaros and Trans Ams). Not as reliable as the Preludes supposedly are, but certainly not too bad. Or you could get a really nice LT1 F-Body (1993-1997 Camaros and Trans Ams) and have some $ left over. As far as a cool car you don't see everyday, Buick Grand Nationals are nice (1984-1987?). Keep in mind though, for 10K you're not going to get the nicest one, and the car is getting old. You might also be able to find a 1994-1996 Impala SS with higher miles for 10K. Once again, probably not as reliable as the Hondas, but IMO, way cooler.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:51 AM   #11
OombaIsBack
Banned

Hey, if you like the Miata maybe you should get one. Theyre certainly peppy little cars. Gotta show my love for Mazda

Also, I'd recommend LS1 F-bodys, Eclipse GSX/Eagle Talon TSi (reliability issues will arise), Ford Probe GTs/Mazda MX6's are addicting but not for everyone, Mustang GTs. You just gotta find whats for you.

I would NOT recommend 300ZX TTs, RX-7 TTs , 3000GT VR-4s, or Supra TTs. Not only are they very expensive on their own, their repair and part costs are ridiculous. And good luck finding anyone qualified to work on them.
OombaIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:45 AM   #12
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

How about a Nissan 240 SX Convertible. Their pretty rare, but I think one can be had for under $10k.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:53 AM   #13
Vlad
CF Addict

Yeah, 240sx is good mod potential, and can be found for under 10G's
Old 03-15-2006, 08:02 AM   #14
VoRtEx-DeSiGn
CF Newbie

Wow... The honda prelude does look nice... w/ plenty of parts to boot... When I was looking up some information on it I noticed the 1998 would produce 195 HP @ 7,000 RPM... Where is the redline at then?
Old 03-15-2006, 08:03 AM   #15
ride3k
CF Addict

240's got a lot going for em, and plnty of mod potential, a convert would be pretty sweet to

My 3000GT SL

The Ever Resourceful hyundaguy once said "i had to make a bong out of a beer can, so yeah, "beer can/bong" would be the acceptable term used!"

once again, educating the young ones!
ride3k is offline   Reply With Quote