Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2006, 04:17 AM   #1
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Well since I never posted write ups on my mods...

here they are first up,

Active Autowerke Track Pipe

If I only got one thing to say about this mod, it would be : FUCKING AWESOME!!!

I got it in the mail yesterday and it was at home waiting for me when I got off work...I instantly changed to my mechanics clothes (old greased up t-shirt and pants) grabbed a beer and got to work. First things first, opening it up, it was packaged well and was very shiny and pretty and blah blah, the point is it came with a free AA hat! The only beef I had with it was the GIGANTONORMOUS sticker they had on the resonator that warned me that it was for off road use only. I spent half an hour with a knife peeling the thing off.

But anyway, took everything out, went to my garage, jacked the car up and started removing the old midpipe. everything went smoothly except for the manifold bolts...Jesus those were on their, I used a can of some bolt loosener spray type stuff, that didn't help, some wd40, that didn't help, then finally resorted to a 3 foot breaker bar to get them off.....Which worked on all but one, which was so on there instead of turning the nut on the bolt it turned the whole bolt and twisted it in half :help: And get this..when it busted, it did so with so much violence that the breaker bar flew into my face...or more specifically my tooth, Chipping it. Ouchee's

Thank god I have full coverage dental.

So anyway, thats no reason to stop, so I get everything off, and bolt up the track pipe...which bolts up directly with no fitment issues whatsoever. And it looks pretty as hell under the car.

Then I got to drive it. I am soooo happy with this purchase, As soon as I started it I stuck my head next to the exhaust and had my friend rev it up...it sounds great! Kinda like an e46, you know that raspy sound?...yeah...awesome! So I hop in and take it around the block I think active's claim of 13 whp is a little conservative. It feel sooooo much stronger now, it revs faster and pulls so much harder at high rpms.

pics:

It has turned gold cause of the heat.

Last edited by Zalight : 03-15-2006 at 04:19 AM.
Zalight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:18 AM   #2
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Next,

UUC Twin Silencer Exhaust

So I get home from work at 930 last night to find this sitting on my front porch:

Yeppers, its my UUC TSE, lovingly wrapped by umnitza in bubblewrap:

First impressions:

It looks great! Good welds, quality construction, great finish.

And I love the gold embossed UUC on the tips:

And this is badass as well:
Old 03-15-2006, 04:20 AM   #3
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

So anyway, enough looking at it lets get it on the damn car! I proceeded to grab all the tools needed for this install:

-13mm socket
-3/4 inch drive ratchet
-12mm crescent
-6 inch socket extension (for the exhaust hangers)
-6 pack of guinness

This is really a two man job, but since my beothers are all pussies who just wanted to drink the guinness I had to do it by myself. Its possible (as I did it) to do it alone, but I know for a fact I had many times when having someone there to hold up the exhaust while I work on the bolts would have been great...Holding up 20 pounds of muffler with your forhead while fumbling with exhaust mounts can be a bitch...

Anyway, I got the old one off and laid them side by side for a good comparo:

Just looking at the 2 you can see the weight diffrence, and the difference in the flow.

So yeah, after that I took it for a ride (my brothers drank all the guinness...I didn't get any :chair: :beer: ) and all I can say is WOW!! It sounds great, the tone is perfect! Exactly what I was looking for! At first I thought it may be a little too loud, but the more I have been driving it the more I think its perfect! I will be posting up a vid of it, so you can hear what it sounds like with the track pipe once I get ahold of my friends video camera.

On the freeway drive to work today I was surprised that the drone was very minimal...like seriously, cruising along at 60 in 5th or even 4th you can barely hear it...especially with the radio on. But as soon as you stomp on the happy pedal it emits a scream that lets the minivan next to you know who is boss!

Final fitment is very good, I need to move it around on the exhaust hanger today after work because it sits a little too close the diffuser on the left, but that shouldnt be a problem to fix.

From the rear:

At exhaust level:

From ground level:

So yeah, I am a happy camper
Old 03-15-2006, 04:21 AM   #4
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Oh and just so you know....these were cpied and pasted from another forum...so forgive anything wierd, as there aren't the same smilies and all that.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:23 AM   #5
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

My last one is the Jim Conforti Shark Injector...a chip...not a real good install story, you plug it into the diagnostic port, hook up a battery charger, and click "upgrade"

Easy and a good mod.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:28 AM   #6
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
My last one is the Jim Conforti Shark Injector...a chip...not a real good install story, you plug it into the diagnostic port, hook up a battery charger, and click "upgrade"

Easy and a good mod.
Do you think it did much? How well do you believe performance chips really work? Just wondering because I was looking at one for my car, they aren't cheap lol.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:31 AM   #7
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

yeah i definitly would recomend chipping your car. It only gave a litle power...not much at all actually, but It raised my redline to about7200 rpms, as compared the stock which is actualy 650....plus it smoothed my torque band out alot
Old 03-15-2006, 04:36 AM   #8
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
yeah i definitly would recomend chipping your car. It only gave a litle power...not much at all actually, but It raised my redline to about7200 rpms, as compared the stock which is actualy 650....plus it smoothed my torque band out alot

That doesn't sound too bad but for 400$ I think my money would be better spent other places.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 07:10 AM   #9
Vlad
CF Addict

What do you run in the quarter now with all your mods, and what did you run before?
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 07:35 AM   #10
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:

An improvement of 6550 rpms!
Old 03-15-2006, 08:14 PM   #11
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad
What do you run in the quarter now with all your mods, and what did you run before?

I haven't been to the track this season yet, and Ill have to wait until I get my car fixed. But last season my best was 15.033@93.04mph at Albuqurque National dragway which is 5314 ft above sea level.

Dodgerforlife did me the honor of correcting my times for sea level and came out with this

13.41 @103mph aint half bad.

But then again, last season I didn't really know how to launch the car well, I just reved up to 3500 and dumped the clutch. Now I have it down pat, perfect amount of bog to wheelspin ratio, plus I have more mods. Im hoping to hit a 14.6 up here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
An improvement of 6550 rpms!

lol...good job Matthew. I have a feeling you know what my ty[pos was suppoesed to say
Old 03-15-2006, 08:19 PM   #12
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

nice work,

I just then noticed how clean your car is, it looks great, really

id like to hear about the quarter mile thing too,

and is the front end fixed up yet?

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 05:42 AM   #13
coldinvt
CF Newbie

I'm definitely looking forward to hearing that vid if you'd get around to it already Seriously though, that looks SWEET!

Bummer about that chipped chopper, man... Oof! Hope it doesn't hurt your ///man-whorin' bidness! Sounds like all you need to do to feel better is turn the key!

Last edited by coldinvt : 03-19-2006 at 05:58 AM.
coldinvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 06:39 AM   #14
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

The chipped tooth is no longer a problem. Yay for full coverage dental benefits!