Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2006, 08:01 AM   #1
bluechicken
CF Newbie

95 Corsica Problems

My girlfriends corsica stalled at a red light last night. I pushed it to a gas station across the street to a gas station and I cant figure out whats wrong. When the cars in park or neutral it runs fine. No fuel starvation or anything. It will rev up and fall to an idle with no problem. As soon as I drop it into drive the car will stall out and die. I tried reving up to about 2k rpm and droping it into gear, but it will stall out and die no matter what rpm. I thought it might have been a vacum problem with the brake booster, but even when i drop it in drive from neutral without using the brakes it still stalls and dies. Do you think that it might be the MAP sensor? I need help ASAP
bluechicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 01:48 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechicken
My girlfriends corsica stalled at a red light last night. I pushed it to a gas station across the street to a gas station and I cant figure out whats wrong. When the cars in park or neutral it runs fine. No fuel starvation or anything. It will rev up and fall to an idle with no problem. As soon as I drop it into drive the car will stall out and die. I tried reving up to about 2k rpm and droping it into gear, but it will stall out and die no matter what rpm. I thought it might have been a vacum problem with the brake booster, but even when i drop it in drive from neutral without using the brakes it still stalls and dies. Do you think that it might be the MAP sensor? I need help ASAP
Yes, you need help alright. You need to stop jumping to conclusions and making baseless guesses and try some actual diagnostics for a change. For instance, what DTC's if any are present. That IS the starting point after all.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:18 PM   #3
bluechicken
CF Newbie

If it was throwing codes I wouldnt be here asking whats wrong with it.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:48 PM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
If it was throwing codes I wouldnt be here asking whats wrong with it.
Oh, okay, I see it right there in your first post... No wait a minute, it should be there... No, I can't seem to find it anywhere. You took mindless guesses at it being the MAP or a brake booster, but nothing about DTC's or lack thereof. I suppose it's my fault for not having my crystal ball tuned into your channel so I'd know what you're thinking.

There are obviously a few reasons why you can't figure out what's wrong with the car. First and foremost is you probably have no concept of what it is you're trying to fix. Second is that you have no idea of how to properly diagnose and isolate the problem. Third is that you are either unable or unwilling to communicate things that we need to know to help. You know, little details like which engine the car has. Those deficiencies are no doubt compounded by wanting to look like you know what you're doing to impress your girlfriend.

So today is your lucky day. You're gonna get all the tips on how to look like less of a moron in one post. First off run down to the store and get one of these;

Having service literature is always helpful, it even has pictures. Then click here and read this post carefully. Alot of what it says applies to people like you and situations like this. Then, when you have the ability and volition to help us to help you, come back and try it again.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 03-15-2006, 04:18 PM   #5
bluechicken
CF Newbie

Ok I would like to say sorry for not being more specific on the vehicle Im having problems with. Its a 1995 Chevy Corsica 4cyl FWD. Also, Ive looked through the repair manual for this vehicle becuase Im not too familiar with this vehicle as I mostly work on full size chevys. Thanks for the helpful link for the rules of the forum board, but where does it read to not be a jackass? Since the first post you've been bitching and criticizing me and my problem. Its clear that your a very experienced member of this forum and I respect that, but I dont respect how much of a jerk-ass your being. Is this your way of being helpful to newcomers who make a slightly incoherent description of a problem?

Last edited by bluechicken : 03-15-2006 at 04:28 PM.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:32 PM   #6
bluechicken
CF Newbie

"Those deficiencies are no doubt compounded by wanting to look like you know what you're doing to impress your girlfriend."

Im working on a Corsica. Who the hell am I trying to impress?
Old 03-15-2006, 04:42 PM   #7
bluechicken
CF Newbie

Ok Im getting help at some other forums. You can have your forums back now bettle boy. bye
Old 03-15-2006, 05:02 PM   #8
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Ok Im getting help at some other forums. You can have your forums back now bettle boy. bye
Oh no.....he doesn't like CF! What will we do without him!

I sure hope you say please and thankyou over at the "nicer" Forum!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:38 PM   #9
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

I'm personally gutted. I wish we had more "members" who came here to get a question answered and never came back. Sorry to lose him.

Old 03-18-2006, 07:59 AM   #10
Golddragoner
CF Enthusiast

How come everyone else at least gets replys on their threads but I never get anything on mine? I've posted 3 with the same problem and not one damn reply
Golddragoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 08:19 AM   #11
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddragoner
How come everyone else at least gets replys on their threads but I never get anything on mine? I've posted 3 with the same problem and not one damn reply
Maybe it's because nobody knows the answer lol.

As long as you only post it in this section, you'll get responses sooner or later...but dont keep asking the same question in new threads please!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote