Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2006, 05:38 AM   #1
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Finally got my car painted 56k beware

pics are from a camera that well, basically sucked. anyways heres some pics I took tonight. I had to use photoshop to brighten them by 20, but I left one unlightened.

Old 03-30-2006, 05:41 AM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Shee looks REALLY nice like that, the paint job's great (from what I can see) and the colour is sweet too
BTW Where'd you get her painted? If you don't mind me asking...
Old 03-30-2006, 05:48 AM   #3
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

I'm ashamed to say it was from maaco, I know I'll have problems with the paint and what not, but I couldn't really afford anything else. So my thinking is this, It should last about a year maybe more and that will give me time to build up money in the future to give the car quality job that will last. I think it came out ok, looks better at night since you don't see the imperfections.
All the car needs is a name haha
Old 03-30-2006, 05:57 AM   #4
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Looks pretty sweet (although it is kind of dark, but still). Not a bad job, especially if on a short budget. As long as you're happy with it right now, then it's perfect, you don't need a trailer queen.

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:04 AM   #5
elchango36
WWJCD

I wanna see some day pics!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimander13
All the car needs is a name haha

Well now you have a redhead so how about a redhead name (that should get you started).
Old 03-30-2006, 06:06 AM   #6
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchango36
I wanna see some day pics!!!!

Well now you have a redhead so how about a redhead name (that should get you started).

day pics should come tomorrow, and I don't know redhead names. For now me and my friend call it THE JUGGERNAUT
Old 03-30-2006, 06:09 AM   #7
elchango36
WWJCD

How much was the paintjob btw??? I'm also looking to paint my car except I want a descent quality paint job (not the $200 paint job that's on her now).
Old 03-30-2006, 06:10 AM   #8
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

I have one too, trust me I am already having some issues on the bottom of my side skirts... chances are I'm going to need to have ALOT of money next time I have it painted because I am going to have them re-bond all the trim and body kit as well as I want two racing stripes. Of course that will be a long time in comming.... btw your wheels look AMAZING, mine are mostly pretty dirt and the hubcaps are yellowing.... which is why I am in the process of cleaning, sanding, and repainting them. NICE car though man, did you take care of the rust on it or did you simply have them paint over it? If you didn't take care of that it may come back to haunt you...

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:15 AM   #9
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
I have one too, trust me I am already having some issues on the bottom of my side skirts... chances are I'm going to need to have ALOT of money next time I have it painted because I am going to have them re-bond all the trim and body kit as well as I want two racing stripes. Of course that will be a long time in comming.... btw your wheels look AMAZING, mine are mostly pretty dirt and the hubcaps are yellowing.... which is why I am in the process of cleaning, sanding, and repainting them. NICE car though man, did you take care of the rust on it or did you simply have them paint over it? If you didn't take care of that it may come back to haunt you...

I sanded down the rust and around the rust to bare metal so it was pretty much add the primer so I let them do that part...,but even that will probaby come back to haunt me with my luck. Replacing the trim and getting a new paint job was going to cost me 4000 bucks, so you might be looking around that range for good quality stuff that will last years on end. and for elchango it was 800 dollars because they needed to "extra prep" it because the rust and take all the original paint off...so that was the big rip off part, but I don't have much family support so I just sent it in.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:16 AM   #10
elchango36
WWJCD

Damn, $800??? How many coats did they put on?

Last edited by elchango36 : 03-30-2006 at 06:22 AM.
elchango36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:21 AM   #11
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchango36
Damn, $800??? That's not exactly cheap (at least in my book). on second thought, yes it is depending on how much paint they used (how many coats did they put on)?

no idea, just dropped it off and picked it up. I wasn't really expecting much so I didn't ask to many questions. I think the paint was 300 and the "extra prep" was like 3-400 and I had the cowling and handles and wipers and window liner black for 75
Old 03-30-2006, 06:47 AM   #12
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

I would recommend waxing it and putting alot of clearcoats on it asap. I know when I bought my car it was recent when they had my car painted, prolly 5 months ago maybe, and I didn't do either of those yet because frankly haven't had the time. Nor do I knwo who to properly buff a car, and prepare it for waxing. I was getting around to finding out how but it seems some of the paint is already comming off So yeah. I think investing like 300$ or so in some decent equipment and paint might be a better alternative. Hell you might eb able to do a better job yourself.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:00 PM   #13
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

heres some day pics some people wanted...I'll do the lights in about a month or two and I'm trying to find the missing light for cheap

Old 03-30-2006, 11:05 PM   #14
elchango36
WWJCD

Sweet !!!!
Old 03-31-2006, 08:57 PM   #15
musclecarneon
Banned

Car

That's one sweet car, dude
musclecarneon is offline   Reply With Quote