Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2006, 04:04 AM   #16
OombaIsBack
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I only said Wal-Mart because he did and I don't know about where you live, but... Around here, all the twinks with they're pink MX-6's with fart cannons, hot air intakes and colored plug wires hang out around Wal-Mart, racing blue haired grannies and disabled people. It's good for their ego to be faster than somebody... anybody. Plus it's a great place to stock up on colored bulbs for their front turn signals and glove box lights, not to mention full race license plate frames, faux drilled aluminum pedal covers and NOS sticker packs. Why do you ask?

Lets see here, my MX6 isnt pink, its Ruby Mica. Which is more maroonish. I dont have a fart cannon, warm air intake works better then stock, and plug wires were put on by previous owner. I also dont have colored turn signal bulbs, glove box lights, "race" license plate frames, pedals were put on by previous owner because the rubber piece on the old ones came off and it costs more money to get an OEM replacement than for cheap autozone pedals, and i have no NOS stickers. You basically just described someone elses car and included some ignorance about ram-air intakes. Good job!

But whether or not you have a problem with me, all the information I provided in this topic is correct. Its not my fault you dont understand friction and the speed of a human vs. the speed of a machine. You dont have to make this topic worse than it already is.
OombaIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:18 AM   #17
Metallica3491
CF Newbie
 
Metallica3491's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 28
Wow dude. Y the hell am i gunan listen to you. You know nothing about rice burners. U didnt even know about the Evo VIII FQ400. Your just a biased ass hole that think all american cars are the shit. Well i hate to break it to you buddy but imports beat the shit outa american. I will agree mustangs and comaros are faster than an eclipse but that doesnt take away the fact that they are pieces of crap. It is a fact that american cars are less reliable than japanese cars.
__________________


Evolution:6 speed manual,355 lb-ft trq. 0-60 in 3.5 seconds and top speed of 175mph....And you believed in creationism
Metallica3491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 05:00 AM   #18
OombaIsBack
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica3491
Wow dude. Y the hell am i gunan listen to you. You know nothing about rice burners. U didnt even know about the Evo VIII FQ400. Your just a biased ass hole that think all american cars are the shit. Well i hate to break it to you buddy but imports beat the shit outa american. I will agree mustangs and comaros are faster than an eclipse but that doesnt take away the fact that they are pieces of crap. It is a fact that american cars are less reliable than japanese cars.

Really? I'm biased towards American cars? Could that be why I drive a MAZDA? I don't recall ever saying in my post that I hated Japanese cars. Some Japanese cars are good. Some are also bad. Just as some American cars are bad and some are good. YOU are the biased asshole in this discussion. What imports are you talking about that can beat American? Because for every Japanese car that can beat an American car there is an American car that can beat it, and vice-versa.

Also, its not a "fact" that American cars are less reliable than Japanese cars. Thats being way to broad. Its pretty well known that DSMs are unreliable, but I rarely here about Mustangs or Camaros having trouble keeping their cranks in place. You are just a biased moron who has jumped on the whole "being japanese is SOO cool" bandwagon.
OombaIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 05:15 AM   #19
Metallica3491
CF Newbie
 
Metallica3491's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 28
Im not biased. Im not even that much of a fan of Jap cars. Well I am but there are alot beter cars out there. I am in love with the Evo and Honda is one of the best car companies on the plannet. Im more of a German car fan. Im just sick and tired of people talkin shit about Jap cars when they dont even know what there talkin about. People dont understand just cause its not american doesnt mean its not good. Look at the Evo MR VIII FQ400. No American car under 100,000 can touch its preformance. Look maybe ur not biased but there are alota people out there that shoot there mouthes off about Jap cars and dont know what the hell they are talkin about. I just dont like the Comaro cause alota people i know have had alota problems.
__________________


Evolution:6 speed manual,355 lb-ft trq. 0-60 in 3.5 seconds and top speed of 175mph....And you believed in creationism
Metallica3491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 05:19 AM   #20
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise
 
Godlaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica3491
Look at the Evo MR VIII FQ400. No American car under 100,000 can touch its preformance.

Hmmm...maybe. But that evo's an incredibly large rip-off at 85 large. Guys with Evo IX's are running around with $2,000 in mods and pulling off faster times that the FQ400.

And I suggest you drop the "Country X > Country Y" thing, it's only going to get you flamed.
__________________
I am everything you want to be
Godlaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 05:21 AM   #21
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise
 
Godlaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica3491
I just dont like the Comaro cause alota people i know have had alota problems.

And we, as owners and friends of owners of cAmaros have not had any problems with the car. So, who's right, you or me?
__________________
I am everything you want to be
Godlaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 05:36 AM   #22
Metallica3491
CF Newbie
 
Metallica3491's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
And I suggest you drop the "Country X > Country Y" thing, it's only going to get you flamed.

Did i say anything about one country being better. I said i liked Jap and German cars over American. I never said America was bas. Im ****in American and i love this country. I just dont like the cars. And i dont give a shit if u like the comaro cause i dont.

As for the Evo VIII being a ripoff, your right, but its not only the 1/4 mile time thats awsome, its its handleing and off road capabilities.
__________________


Evolution:6 speed manual,355 lb-ft trq. 0-60 in 3.5 seconds and top speed of 175mph....And you believed in creationism
Metallica3491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 06:11 AM   #23
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak
 
pik_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica3491's sig
Evolution:6 speed manual, AWD 2.0L turbo charged in-line 4, 405hp with 355 ft. lbs. trq. 0-60 in 3.5 seconds and top speed of 175mph....And you believed in creationism

what the hell is a "ft. lb."?
__________________
-two great sources to combat ignorance-
google
wikipedia
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 06:20 AM   #24
Metallica3491
CF Newbie
 
Metallica3491's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
what the hell is a "ft. lb."?

You never heard of the tearm ft-lbs of torque?
__________________


Evolution:6 speed manual,355 lb-ft trq. 0-60 in 3.5 seconds and top speed of 175mph....And you believed in creationism
Metallica3491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 06:26 AM   #25
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak
 
pik_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 802
i've heard of lb-ft, but not ft-lb.
__________________
-two great sources to combat ignorance-
google
wikipedia
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 06:32 AM   #26
ride3k
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica3491
No American car under 100,000 can touch its preformance. Look maybe ur not biased but there are alota people out there that shoot there mouthes off about Jap cars and dont know what the hell they are talkin about. I just dont like the Comaro cause alota people i know have had alota problems.

umm, im gunna have to go with Dodge Viper, for 88 grand alex


dipshit, evo's are great, great for a 30,000 car but not great for a 100,000 car
__________________
Rollin' 18's on my 3k

My 3000GT SL

The Ever Resourceful hyundaguy once said "i had to make a bong out of a beer can, so yeah, "beer can/bong" would be the acceptable term used!"

once again, educating the young ones!
ride3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 12:37 PM   #27
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
i've heard of lb-ft, but not ft-lb.
It's the same lol...Pounds-Foot.....=......Foot-Pounds!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica
Did i say anything about one country being better. I said i liked Jap and German cars over American. I never said America was bas. Im ****in American and i love this country. I just dont like the cars. And i dont give a shit if u like the comaro cause i dont.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica
Wow dude. Y the hell am i gunan listen to you. You know nothing about rice burners. U didnt even know about the Evo VIII FQ400. Your just a biased ass hole that think all american cars are the shit. Well i hate to break it to you buddy but imports beat the shit outa american. I will agree mustangs and comaros are faster than an eclipse but that doesnt take away the fact that they are pieces of crap. It is a fact that american cars are less reliable than japanese cars.
I think the above quote is what Godlaus was refering to. Basically you were comparing one country's cars. with another. And saying that US cars are crap in comparisome!
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:35 PM   #28
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by OombaIsBack
Lets see here, my MX6 isnt pink, its Ruby Mica. Which is more maroonish. I dont have a fart cannon, warm air intake works better then stock, and plug wires were put on by previous owner. I also dont have colored turn signal bulbs, glove box lights, "race" license plate frames, pedals were put on by previous owner because the rubber piece on the old ones came off and it costs more money to get an OEM replacement than for cheap autozone pedals, and i have no NOS stickers. You basically just described someone elses car and included some ignorance about ram-air intakes. Good job!

But whether or not you have a problem with me, all the information I provided in this topic is correct. Its not my fault you dont understand friction and the speed of a human vs. the speed of a machine. You dont have to make this topic worse than it already is.
Have a bit of an image problem there Twinkie. Why ever would you think I was refering to your insipid looking Ruby Mica car? So, when are you going to get your facts together about automatic transmissions and drag cars, take it to the other thread so this one isn't hijacked and impress us with your vehicular knowledge? My guess is never, because you don't have any facts and you don't have any knowlege. You are an identified spewer of bullsh*t.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 05:18 PM   #29
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak
 
pik_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
It's the same lol...Pounds-Foot.....=......Foot-Pounds!
just sounds weird... i know physically it's the same...

would you call them meter newtons?
__________________
-two great sources to combat ignorance-
google
wikipedia
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 06:21 PM   #30
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
would you call them meter newtons?
No...it would probably work though lol
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.