Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2006, 04:53 AM   #1
thermo
CF Newbie
 
thermo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 60
Political stand

So are you a Republican, Democrat, or what?

I'm a Republican (yeah I can't vote, but I'm still Republican).
__________________
I need a job so I can get a car...
thermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:04 AM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermo
So are you a Republican, Democrat, or what?

I'm a Republican (yeah I can't vote, but I'm still Republican).
Interesting. Do you have any idea why you're Republican, or does it just sound like the thing to do this week? If you want to take a political stand, do it. Tell us why you think that way. What is it about the GOP that makes you identify with them? The floor is yours.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:07 AM   #3
ride3k
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 385
im a republicrat

republicans and democrats have not stayed true to thier roots, for the most part, they have the same views, please the public screw tradition

i just go with w/e i feel right, even though i cant vote, i pretend
__________________
Rollin' 18's on my 3k

My 3000GT SL

The Ever Resourceful hyundaguy once said "i had to make a bong out of a beer can, so yeah, "beer can/bong" would be the acceptable term used!"

once again, educating the young ones!
ride3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:09 AM   #4
TheFieroKid
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 578
**crickets**

Your awfully young to identify with a group that would discriminate against other humans, and deny them privileges that the rest of us enjoy... that don’t wish to have to help the poor, or the sick... That would love to spend more in the military yet want to lower taxes (how you going to pay for the tanks?).

We’re waiting.


**crickets**
__________________
TheFieroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:10 AM   #5
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFieroKid
**crickets**

Your awfully young to identify with a group that would discriminate against other humans, and deny them privileges that the rest of us enjoy... that donít wish to have to help the poor, or the sick... That would love to spend more in the military yet want to lower taxes (how you going to pay for the tanks?).

Weíre waiting.


**crickets**
And you wonder why people on this forum view you the way they do.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:13 AM   #6
TheFieroKid
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
And you wonder why people on this forum view you the way they do.
LOL... Hey I’m not the only one with these views... I cant possibly be the only liberal on the forum.

And I didn’t say anything about the republicans that wasn’t true...
Typically they are against gay rights, Medicaid and Medicare, and want to increase military spending and lower taxes...

Is it the way I come across? Am I too harsh?


And I want to honestly know... just like you, what makes him a young boy with a whole life ahead of him would choose the GOP. And you were just as bad as me with "or does it just sound like the thing to do this week?"... which was very funny by the way.
__________________

Last edited by TheFieroKid : 03-22-2006 at 05:17 AM.
TheFieroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:16 AM   #7
thermo
CF Newbie
 
thermo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFieroKid
LOL... Hey Iím not the only one with these views... I cant possibly be the only liberal on the forum.

And I didnít say anything about the republicans that wasnít true...
Typically they are against gay rights, Medicaid and Medicare, and want to increase military spending and lower taxes...

Is it the way I come across? Am I too harsh?
Yup most Republicans are against gay rights (ME INCLUDED). And so are we supposed to lower military spending and invite terrorists?
And lowering taxes helps the economy.
__________________
I need a job so I can get a car...
thermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:22 AM   #8
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFieroKid
LOL... Hey Iím not the only one with these views... I cant possibly be the only liberal on the forum.

And I didnít say anything about the republicans that wasnít true...
Typically they are against gay rights, Medicaid and Medicare, and want to increase military spending and lower taxes...

Is it the way I come across? Am I too harsh?
Okay, if we must. Provide supporting evidence for your charges that the Republican party;

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFieroKid
1. Discriminate against other humans, and deny them privileges that the rest of us enjoy.

2. That donít wish to have to help the poor, or the sick.

3. That would love to spend more in the military yet want to lower taxes (how you going to pay for the tanks?).

For numbers one and two I want to see direct support. For number three I want you to show me where you have some information that the most learned economists in the world don't know, such as... How increasing taxes will increase revenue. It's already been proven that lowering taxes works to increase tax revenue by increasing discretionary spending and invesment. As a matter of fact, it's happening right now. Remember, no country has EVER taxed itself into prosperity.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:23 AM   #9
TheFieroKid
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermo
Yup most Republicans are against gay rights (ME INCLUDED).
Yup nothing like blind hate to help socity grow,

Quote:
And so are we supposed to lower military spending and invite terrorists?
And lowering taxes helps the economy.

You cant have your cake and eat it two... maybe your too young to actually understand how the economy works... but in the real world we all know that peace isn’t good for business... the best economical growth in our countries history was during the cold war (learned this in econ 120).

So if we lower taxes where is the government going to get the money they need to run all the programs they have and pay for military either cut social programs or raise taxes... and we all know that cutting social programs is just what we need with a country with such a high unemployment rate. Nothing better then the poor getting poorer and the rich getting richer.
__________________
TheFieroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:33 AM   #10
TheFieroKid
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
1. Discriminate against other humans, and deny them privileges that the rest of us enjoy.

2. That don’t wish to have to help the poor, or the sick.
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...bush.marriage/
This is a privilege that we straights get to enjoy, but cons. would like to make sure homosexuals don’t get this privilege... and the idea of civil unions is just stupid... I mean we all know that separate but equal always works...right?

http://usliberals.about.com/od/healt...a/Medicaid.htm

I hope news articals count as proof


Quote:
For number three I want you to show me where you have some information that the most learned economists in the world don't know, such as... How increasing taxes will increase revenue. It's already been proven that lowering taxes works to increase tax revenue by increasing discretionary spending and invesment. As a matter of fact, it's happening right now. Remember, no country has EVER taxed itself into prosperity.

OH I already knew this, and I don’t support higher taxes at all... but we also know that a lot of money comes from the income tax... and no matter how much you shift it, the government will have to come up at least in the short term with another source to replace what they’ve lost through income tax cuts, and that will come from cutting social programs.
__________________

Last edited by TheFieroKid : 03-22-2006 at 05:35 AM.
TheFieroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:48 AM   #11
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFieroKid
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...bush.marriage/
This is a privilege that we straights get to enjoy, but cons. would like to make sure homosexuals donít get this privilege... and the idea of civil unions is just stupid... I mean we all know that separate but equal always works...right?

http://usliberals.about.com/od/healt...a/Medicaid.htm

I hope news articals count as proof




OH I already knew this, and I donít support higher taxes at all... but we also know that a lot of money comes from the income tax... and no matter how much you shift it, the government will have to come up at least in the short term with another source to replace what theyíve lost through income tax cuts, and that will come from cutting social programs.
You've already lost the battle. You readily admit that you were being intellectually dishonest in the portrayal of one of your statements, and the other two you support with far left reporting. One of them is even called "Liberal Politics US" on a web site called usliberals.about.com . And if you click on the "Liberal Politics US" it takes you straight to the CNN site. Intellectual dishonesty at it's finest, just what I would expect from a liberal.

I can introduce you to a Nazi who says the Holocaust never happened. Are you going to believe him to? If you want to play games, I'll change the requirements to REPUTABLE sources.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:53 AM   #12
ride3k
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
You've already lost the battle. You readily admit that you were being intellectually dishonest in the portrayal of one of your statements, and the other two you support with far left reporting. One of them is even called "Liberal Politics US" on a web site called usliberals.about.com . And if you click on the "Liberal Politics US" it takes you straight to the CNN site. Intellectual dishonesty at it's finest, just what I would expect from a liberal.

I can introduce you to a Nazi who says the Holocaust never happened. Are you going to believe him to? If you want to play games, I'll change the requirements to REPUTABLE sources.

no news source is truly impartial, and if CNN isnt reputable news what is? no matter political affiliation, news will allways put slants on the story, the people of higher intelect will actually see what is being said.

and if you think republicans are not against gay rights, wake up and smell the coffee
__________________
Rollin' 18's on my 3k

My 3000GT SL

The Ever Resourceful hyundaguy once said "i had to make a bong out of a beer can, so yeah, "beer can/bong" would be the acceptable term used!"

once again, educating the young ones!
ride3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 07:31 AM   #13
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer
 
dodgerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Farm in Saskatchewan...
Posts: 2,202
I'm a Conserative....oh wait, I'm also Canadian.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 07:32 AM   #14
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
I'm a Conserative....oh wait, I'm also Canadian.
+1 For Canada, but I guess I'd be neutral lol...Until I start voting
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 11:13 AM   #15
TheFieroKid
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
You've already lost the battle. You readily admit that you were being intellectually dishonest in the portrayal of one of your statements
Which one? When I said I know what you said is true? I would have thought this would have made you happy. I honestly don’t remember using the words
”intellectually dishonest” so if you could point out a specific sentence where I am being so, ill be happy to rectify my sentence.


Quote:
and the other two you support with far left reporting. One of them is even called "Liberal Politics US" on a web site called usliberals.about.com . And if you click on the "Liberal Politics US" it takes you straight to the CNN site. Intellectual dishonesty at it's finest, just what I would expect from a liberal.
CNN doesn’t work for you?
Fine I have news stories from news week, the wall street journal, the Detroit free press and countless others, but they are all on the ProQuest database and I’m not entirely sure that the links will work here if you don’t have a subscription to the service. When I get home form work this afternoon ill be happy to post a few links.



Quote:
I can introduce you to a Nazi who says the Holocaust never happened. Are you going to believe him to? If you want to play games, I'll change the requirements to REPUTABLE sources.
You actually associate your self with a Nazi?


And do you really think that the right doesn’t want to get ride of Medicaid and Medicare and they don’t want gay rights? Listen to like one show of Rush Limbaugh or Michael Savage... I did for like 3 weeks to write a paper on Liberal VS conservative talk radio... and what they said made me what to vomit.
__________________
TheFieroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.