Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2006, 05:18 AM   #1
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
New job

Well I got a new job. I dont expect to make money for the next few months, but in the summertime once i get my skills to par, it should pay off. Im a Loan Officer. Basically I call people, get their info if they are interested, and get a secondary credit pull. Afterwards, I call them back and tell them what we can do for them, and if they are in I schedule an appraisal for their home. Once that gets done, we give them a deal, and its all set. Pay is commision only, and I get 35-50% depending on the deal size.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:30 AM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Congrats , but is there a point to this thread?
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:30 AM   #3
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Well I got a new job. I dont expect to make money for the next few months, but in the summertime once i get my skills to par, it should pay off. Im a Loan Officer. Basically I call people, get their info if they are interested, and get a secondary credit pull. Afterwards, I call them back and tell them what we can do for them, and if they are in I schedule an appraisal for their home. Once that gets done, we give them a deal, and its all set. Pay is commision only, and I get 35-50% depending on the deal size.
Why does someone who makes $100k a year need a new job?
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:31 AM   #4
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Why does someone who makes $100k a year need a new job?
Because I lost that job at the end of the summer peanut..go back and read
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:32 AM   #5
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Congrats , but is there a point to this thread?
Yea...to say I got a new job..hope this doesnt come to be as bad as my ECN thread
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:36 AM   #6
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Yea...to say I got a new job..hope this doesnt come to be as bad as my ECN thread
I have a feeling someone's going to start a flame war Let's hope I'm wrong though lol...
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 06:00 AM   #7
adamc44
CF Freak
 
adamc44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: west portsmouth ohio
Posts: 775
i wish you the best of luck on your new job hopefully you make some decent money so you can get rid of that piece of shit you drive but you'll screw this job up just like everything else you do.
__________________
AMERICA: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT

http://www.myspace.com/adamc44

adamc44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 06:04 AM   #8
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak
 
pik_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
I have a feeling someone's going to start a flame war Let's hope I'm wrong though lol...
way to speak one post too soon.

@adamc44- everything past the first 17 words was COMPLETELY unnecessary.

newyorker. make the megabuck... or something.
__________________
-two great sources to combat ignorance-
google
wikipedia
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 06:26 AM   #9
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Because I lost that job at the end of the summer peanut..go back and read
Okay twinkie, here's your first post in this thread in all it's glory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Well I got a new job. I dont expect to make money for the next few months, but in the summertime once i get my skills to par, it should pay off. Im a Loan Officer. Basically I call people, get their info if they are interested, and get a secondary credit pull. Afterwards, I call them back and tell them what we can do for them, and if they are in I schedule an appraisal for their home. Once that gets done, we give them a deal, and its all set. Pay is commision only, and I get 35-50% depending on the deal size.
I read it the first time and I've gone back and read it again. Where does it say you lost your job? Can you show it to me? I can't find it. Nope, not there.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:11 PM   #10
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Okay twinkie, here's your first post in this thread in all it's glory.


I read it the first time and I've gone back and read it again. Where does it say you lost your job? Can you show it to me? I can't find it. Nope, not there.
Well you can't've read EVERY post he's ever made can you've? I know I couldn't...
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 11:20 PM   #11
adamc44
CF Freak
 
adamc44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: west portsmouth ohio
Posts: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
way to speak one post too soon.

@adamc44- everything past the first 17 words was COMPLETELY unnecessary.

newyorker. make the megabuck... or something.


everything you type is unnecessary, who are you the morality police? the only reason i typed it was becuase of what chris knows says so do me a favor and shut the **** up. im sure, by now, newyorker can defend himself and is prepared to defend himself with every post or thread he submits.
__________________
AMERICA: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT

http://www.myspace.com/adamc44

adamc44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 11:44 PM   #12
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak
 
pik_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 802
your flame war joke was oh so funny then. great job of hinting to people that you were trying to be ironic...

but uh, even if he can defend himself, does that mean you need to go and give him something to defend against?
__________________
-two great sources to combat ignorance-
google
wikipedia
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 11:45 PM   #13
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Lol... you posted pics of you and Nissan Altima (I think that's his name) smoking hookah, yall arent a day over 17. How could you possibly be a loan officer. Especially when you are a liar and a cheater. (the ticket, hit and run, etc.)
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 11:46 PM   #14
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Lol... you posted pics of you and Nissan Altima (I think that's his name) smoking hookah, yall arent a day over 17. How could you possibly be a loan officer. Especially when you are a liar and a cheater. (the ticket, hit and run, etc.)
Isn't being a liar and cheater a requirement for being a loan officer?
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 11:49 PM   #15
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Isn't being a liar and cheater a requirement for being a loan officer?
Or a lawyer
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.