Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2004, 10:06 PM   #1
Oddec
CF Newbie

Looking to buy my first car. Could use some advice.

Hello everyone. I'm 18 years old and looking to buy my first car. I've been looking at a few makes and models but can not narrow down my search to something that fits my needs. I have a wife and a child, so I need a 4 door for the babies car seat. I'm also trying to keep the price below $15,000. I want a car thats kinda quick and can be worked on for increased performance. I would also prefer a manual transmission. These are the cars that I have my eye on right now.

Dodge SRT-4 (I know it's not under $15,000) but I was wondering if I could find a used one for around that price.)

Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V (The 2004 model is around $17,000 so I figure a used one would be around my price range.)

Mitsubishi Galant (This one really looks good to me. Affordable price but not to much power. Does the Galant even have a manual transmission?)

If anyone has any suggestions on what kind of car you think I might wanna take a look at please be free to let me know. Thanks for any help.

Note: If any of the things I said are not accurate I apoligize. I just got interested in cars about one month ago because I'm going to be able to get a license soon. (License has been suspended for over 2 years and I never had one to begin with....long story) So I'm not all to polished up on this area. If anyone knows any good books or magazines please let me know.
Oddec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 10:16 PM   #2
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Introduce yourself in the correct section!! 18 and you have a wife and kid? Damn.. i'm 18 and even when dating I can't be bothered to be that serious yet. Yeah, i do believe the galant comes in a manual..

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )

Last edited by R34RB30DETTV : 03-26-2004 at 10:22 PM.
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 10:20 PM   #3
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by R34RB30DETTV
Introduce yourself!!
Uh, uh, uh. You had better check with Arthur before you say that to our new members. Something about he wants to have a shower orgy with you... or something like that.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 10:20 PM   #4
Hiens
CF Newbie

try a USED car. If ur only 18 and got a kid u ain't gunna have vry much cash if u buy a new car

Happy? No.
Hiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 10:25 PM   #5
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Uh, uh, uh. You had better check with Arthur before you say that to our new members. Something about he wants to have a shower orgy with you... or something like that.
Damn.. I thought these forums were paedophile free... Did he make some stupid comment to you for flaming people for not introducing themselves?

R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
Old 03-26-2004, 10:30 PM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Damn.. I thought these forums were paedophile free... Did he make some stupid comment to you for flaming people for not introducing themselves?
I thought so but I'll let you decide.

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showt...0687#post20687

BTW, I'll give you a dollar if you can tell me where that picture of the Zonda was taken. Research isn't fair, I mean off the top of your head.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 03-26-2004, 10:31 PM   #7
Sonreir
CF Newbie

You looked at a Ford Focus yet?
Sonreir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 10:36 PM   #8
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
I thought so but I'll let you decide.

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showt...0687#post20687

BTW, I'll give you a dollar if you can tell me where that picture of the Zonda was taken. Research isn't fair, I mean off the top of your head.
Yeah, I think he made another useless (and unnecessary) point.. Not only that but was a hypocrite too..

I guess you'll be keeping that dollar.. Where was it taken? (At a guess Sebring. Doubt its right though)

Last edited by R34RB30DETTV : 03-26-2004 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:41 PM   #9
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Yeah, I think he made another useless (and unnecessary) point.. Not only that but was a hypocrite too..

I guess you'll be keeping that dollar.. Where was it taken?
Sure looks like pit road at Sebring to me. Notice the uneven concrete. It's been a few years since I spent 12 or so hours there though.

Old 03-26-2004, 11:30 PM   #10
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Sure looks like pit road at Sebring to me. Notice the uneven concrete. It's been a few years since I spent 12 or so hours there though.
Lol.. Look at my post above.. After i sent it i had a thought that it was Sebring.. (you'll notice that my edit time is 2 mins before you posted so i'm not talking bollox..) Also the trailers in the background said to me that it was in America and the adverts further confirmed it..Oh well.. A dollar lost.. he he.. I'll do some reasearch and see if i can find out for sure...

Old 03-26-2004, 11:32 PM   #11
Oddec
CF Newbie

I apoligize for not introducing myself in the other forum. My reason is because no one really ever replies to those introductory posts. Anyways, I was planning on buying a used car. I was just asking if anyone could throw a few cars my way to look at. If the Galant is a manual I dont see a problem with getting one of those. I'm still open to suggestions though. Thanks again.
Oddec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 11:36 PM   #12
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddec
I apoligize for not introducing myself in the other forum. My reason is because no one really ever replies to those introductory posts. Anyways, I was planning on buying a used car. I was just asking if anyone could throw a few cars my way to look at. If the Galant is a manual I dont see a problem with getting one of those. I'm still open to suggestions though. Thanks again.
Purely because i love Vdubs I'd say look at a bora (sorry, a jetta to you) or a passat (i have one) and the golf (i HAD one) if it's not too small.. I have seen the 1.8T engine taken to 491 bhp (rolling road) in America... Plus they hold their value so your investment will not lose huge amounts of money...

Old 03-27-2004, 07:04 PM   #13
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddec
I have a wife and a child, so I need a 4 door for the babies car seat. I'm also trying to keep the price below $15,000. I want a car thats kinda quick and can be worked on for increased performance. I would also prefer a manual transmission.

That gives us a broad spectrum to work with. I'll just toss another suggestion to consider - WRX.
snoopewite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 07:22 PM   #14
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Lol.. Look at my post above.. After i sent it i had a thought that it was Sebring.. (you'll notice that my edit time is 2 mins before you posted so i'm not talking bollox..) Also the trailers in the background said to me that it was in America and the adverts further confirmed it..Oh well.. A dollar lost.. he he.. I'll do some reasearch and see if i can find out for sure...
I say it's Laguna Seca raceway (if that's how u pronounce it), or have I been playing too much Gran Turismo? lol

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 07:27 PM   #15
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I say it's Laguna Seca raceway (if that's how u pronounce it), or have I been playing too much Gran Turismo? lol
I don't know about Gran Turismo but Laguna Seca has an asphalt pit road. That is pure crooked concrete and Sebring's narrow, Armco lined front straight.