Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-23-2006, 09:34 AM   #1
MackGT69
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 5
Exclamation Car Troubles

Hey guys, get this. Needing some help with a Daewoo Nubira...i can hear you groaning from here. ( its the family car alright? )

Okay.. here's my problem. Mid december last year, engine light comes on when driving one day, next time driving, doesnt do but then after continuous outings the light starts to make a regularappearance. Break down the day before i've got appointment to take it in. (xmas eve eve). 3 weeks before all this the speedometer starts flucuating wierdly when driving while maintaining the same speed.. mechanic says that it was the head gasket, air got in there. they replaced the entire thing and also replaced the timing belt.

and now here we are 3-4 months later, 2 weeks ago, the speedo thing happens again, but just for that one trip. 2 weeks before that happened, when braking at lights one day, car stalls and dies, but able to get it started again. TODAY... the goddamn engine light comes on again... now im willing to guess that by replacing the entire thing last time, it should not be doing it again... but it is... any guesses? like maybe something else is setting this thing off? ....... *cries* helppppppp mmeeeeee
MackGT69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:01 AM   #2
97Talonchik
discombobulated
 
97Talonchik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,257
The best place to start for us to begin to even give you help is to pull the codes that made the check engine light come on. You can take it to Autozone and they should be able to pull the codes for you for free. Write down what codes come up and let us know. Even if your Check Engine light is not on, it may have stored a code into your computer. Better safe than sorry.

If it is the same thing as happened before, you could also take the car back to the shop that did the work and explain the problem. It might be under warranty. Make sure to have your paperwork with you so they can see what exactly was done.
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:07 AM   #3
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Talonchik
The best place to start for us to begin to even give you help is to pull the codes that made the check engine light come on. You can take it to Autozone and they should be able to pull the codes for you for free. Write down what codes come up and let us know. Even if your Check Engine light is not on, it may have stored a code into your computer. Better safe than sorry.

If it is the same thing as happened before, you could also take the car back to the shop that did the work and explain the problem. It might be under warranty. Make sure to have your paperwork with you so they can see what exactly was done.
Nice try, but... He's gonna have a long trip to get the nearest Autozone.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:11 AM   #4
97Talonchik
discombobulated
 
97Talonchik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Nice try, but... He's gonna have a long trip to get the nearest Autozone.


Haha, I didn't notice he was an Aussie. Well the second part of my post would work still...that is if he kept his paperwork.
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:12 AM   #5
MackGT69
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 5
HAHAHA well thankyou for all the info, only got the car like 6 months ago and i have a 3 year warranty so they are gonna damn well fix it and make sure it dont happen again otherwise im gonna kick that guys ass. Hmmmm, no-one has ever referred to me as a HE before.

Mmmmm well i thought, hey if the car guy doesnt know then there's bound to be some car nut on here that will know. and i dont want the car if this is gonna happen every 6 months.
MackGT69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 07:25 PM   #6
97Talonchik
discombobulated
 
97Talonchik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,257
Sorry...SHE... . Daewoos weren't around very long.
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 07:32 PM   #7
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Talonchik
Sorry...SHE... . Daewoos weren't around very long.
Ummmmmm. Daewoo has been manufacturing trucks and now cars for somewhere near 70 years. Hell, they've been sold in the US for going on 20 years. So what was your point?
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:25 PM   #8
Wally
I Know More Than You
 
Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackGT69
HAHAHA well thankyou for all the info, only got the car like 6 months ago and i have a 3 year warranty so they are gonna damn well fix it and make sure it dont happen again otherwise im gonna kick that guys ass. Hmmmm, no-one has ever referred to me as a HE before.

Mmmmm well i thought, hey if the car guy doesnt know then there's bound to be some car nut on here that will know. and i dont want the car if this is gonna happen every 6 months.

Well seeing as it was the Holden arm of GM that bought out Daewoo, you shouldn't have any trouble getting them to fix the thing under warranty.
__________________
"She gave me a look only a mother could give a child."
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.