Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2006, 03:01 PM   #1
minnie7
CF Newbie

New car for Jaguar

Can anyone provide ideas and inspiration for a new product opportunity, either to add to or strengthen existing Jaguar product ranges in the UK.

As part of a student marketing competition I am pitching to Jaguar next Wednesday an outline strategy and some ideas about a possible
campaign. I need to show how this product (a new car) could add value to the Jaguar portfolio, support existing products and how it could be introduced to the UK market.

Any help greatly appreciated.
minnie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:48 PM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

How about a Jag for the poor man? lol
Old 03-23-2006, 09:46 PM   #3
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
How about a Jag for the poor man? lol
There is one....it's called the X-Type lol...bassically an overpriced Ford Mondeo ....Maybe not for the poor man....but certainly for the less extravagant man

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:48 PM   #4
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

can you imagine a jaguar heavy duty pickup truck?

welcome to CF

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:54 PM   #5
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk
can you imagine a jaguar heavy duty pickup truck?

welcome to CF
Yes...Make a pickup, I'd like to see Jag's go at that, and a super car that rivals other top-end supercars

BTW If you use any of our ideas, you owe all of us Jaguars (I don't make the rules, but it's there )

BTW Cliffy I was thinking of something more luxurious looking--WAIT, why not make the E-Type again, but with less reliability/safety problems lol
Old 03-23-2006, 11:15 PM   #6
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

How about a really light, agile Jag? I'm not really familiar w/ the current Jaguar lineup, but I don't think it has anything to rival, say...a Z4.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 11:43 PM   #7
mirot
CF Enthusiast

no offense to the guys posting above us,
but building a poor mans jag is not the way to go.. its a reason why bmw wont sell cars under 325.. it doesnt want to lower its "luxury" image..

and having a competitor to a Z4 isnt exactlty the best idea, seeing that its not exactly the best selling car at the moment.. perhaps if one were to compare it to a more extreme option, say the elise

anywho,
in my non professional opinion, i say, as expensive as it might be, not just revamp, but completely redesign all its models, as it did with the coupe.. look at it.. its brilliant (a tad "slow" but still impressive)

the x type is also another issue,
how do they expect to compete when the car is based on a front wheel drive mondeo?? YES its saves cost, but whats the point when itll have dissapointing sales?

oh well, just my
Old 03-24-2006, 12:21 AM   #8
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirot
no offense to the guys posting above us,
but building a poor mans jag is not the way to go.. its a reason why bmw wont sell cars under 325.. it doesnt want to lower its "luxury" image..

oh well, just my
Really? Did you know that opinions are much more intelligent sounding when they're based in fact. If "bmw wont sell cars under 325.. it doesnt want to lower its "luxury" image", then who is it that manufactures and produces the BMW 1 series for example? Not very big, not very powerful and available with a 1.6l gas engine or a 2.0l diesel engine. First get your facts, THEN think, type submit.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 03:03 AM   #9
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Really? Did you know that opinions are much more intelligent sounding when they're based in fact. If "bmw wont sell cars under 325.. it doesnt want to lower its "luxury" image", then who is it that manufactures and produces the BMW 1 series for example?

BMW Isetta

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:18 AM   #10
mirot
CF Enthusiast

yes, i apologize...
i meant to see they do not sell them "here in the U.S"

but all in all, it different on this side of the atlantic.. its the same with Porsche being reluctant about offering the "regular" Cayenne model in the u.s.. its all about them having a sort of coolness factor, and by offering a "poor mans" car, it loses their elitish image
the 1 series is a p.o.s ... in my opinion it seems to be the epitome of what BMW is trying to avoid doing in america

and p.s vwhobo
instead of always getting on peoples back and bullying trying to bully the sh$# out of them, give them a break, and if necessary politely correct them.. it truly is a shame that not all of us share the same intellect and literary ability you seem to posses

Last edited by mirot : 03-24-2006 at 10:21 AM.
mirot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:35 AM   #11
mirot
CF Enthusiast

this American "fact" about luxury cars should be very important to Jaguar, as north america provides about 45% of Jaguar's worldwide sales.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:04 PM   #12
Euspa
CF Newbie

Hello, Jaguar now is not European, now is of Ford (of your cars)

Un coche Americano 500, un 127 no tiene precio.
Euspa is offline   Reply With Quote