Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-27-2004, 08:44 PM   #16
Lukaz
CF-Mitsucolt
 
Lukaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: England , UK
Posts: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiashthomas
i live in uk
got a citroen saxo
looked at lambodoors.com

it'll only cost me 65 dollars to buy thier kit and have it shipped over

anyone kno much about this kit ?
and hows this one like 50 dollars and most others are 1000 dollars plus ?

Lambo door on a Saxo ???
__________________

Mitsubishi Mirage 1.6i 16V GLX - My New lil runner this year
Lukaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 09:18 PM   #17
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukaz
Lambo door on a Saxo ???

yeah, exactly!

this guy needs my sig hammerd in his head!

it's the speed and power of the car that matters! why waste money on makin' your car look good? i just don't get the thoughts of these kind of people! i understand makin' show cars but over here in the UK we don't have shows and nights like you have in the states...so why bother!

Last edited by WeaponR : 06-27-2004 at 09:20 PM.
WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 10:01 PM   #18
Lukaz
CF-Mitsucolt
 
Lukaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: England , UK
Posts: 300
My cars more or less all stock . it got a new exhuast on it and thats it i like my civic the way it is. usa have quality cruises aparently. uk have the nova crew in the car parks outside mcdonalds almost makes me sick to be a brit J/K
__________________

Mitsubishi Mirage 1.6i 16V GLX - My New lil runner this year
Lukaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 03:37 PM   #19
daiashthomas
CF Newbie
 
daiashthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponR
yeah, exactly!

this guy needs my sig hammerd in his head!

it's the speed and power of the car that matters! why waste money on makin' your car look good? i just don't get the thoughts of these kind of people! i understand makin' show cars but over here in the UK we don't have shows and nights like you have in the states...so why bother!


look man at the end of the day what the **** can u do with a 1.4 8v engine ?
i may do a engine conversion i may not who cares there's so many speed cameras about who cares how fast u can go
daiashthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 10:28 PM   #20
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiashthomas
look man at the end of the day what the **** can u do with a 1.4 8v engine ?
i may do a engine conversion i may not who cares there's so many speed cameras about who cares how fast u can go

sound like you one of those guys who would like to get smoked at the lights by a mini or sumat smaller and then give a cheap smile out of the window to the chick's passin' by hopin' that they noticed your cool lookin' yellow car!

ohh and hopin' they didn't see the mini smoke you!
WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 10:32 PM   #21
Lukaz
CF-Mitsucolt
 
Lukaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: England , UK
Posts: 300
how can looks be everything in a saxo! there everywhere by wanna be punks! most look rubbish with the bad boy kits on them and to be honest id rather have a fast car than some christmas tree that goes around mc donalds thinking there mr big mac himself!
__________________

Mitsubishi Mirage 1.6i 16V GLX - My New lil runner this year
Lukaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 10:37 PM   #22
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 543
haha Luke!

it's like x'mas and these guys are competin' with each other to see who can dress their tree the best! lol

i wonder why Max Power has started to feature cars from 'outa' UK? hmmm maybe they've seen to many x'mas tree's

not that i read it but you can't help noticin' it in the newsagents. i just check to see if they gettin' any better yet! (ooops mind the boobies )
WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 10:39 AM   #23
daiashthomas
CF Newbie
 
daiashthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponR
sound like you one of those guys who would like to get smoked at the lights by a mini or sumat smaller and then give a cheap smile out of the window to the chick's passin' by hopin' that they noticed your cool lookin' yellow car!

ohh and hopin' they didn't see the mini smoke you!


lol
firstly i'm happily engaged
and secondly the track is for racing
and racing isn't bout going fast in a straight line..... where r the bends at the lights ?
and i can honestly say i've neva bought a spotty teen soft porn car mag
daiashthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 11:21 AM   #24
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiashthomas
lol
firstly i'm happily engaged
and secondly the track is for racing
and racing isn't bout going fast in a straight line..... where r the bends at the lights ?
and i can honestly say i've neva bought a spotty teen soft porn car mag

your a fcukin' joker aint ya! lol

no one said nutin about racin'....we was on about how fast you can go and that's decided by the quarter mile most of the time...well every time lol and unless i'm greatley mistaken, it's straight!

goin' to invite me for the weddin'? gues not lol
WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 11:50 AM   #25
daiashthomas
CF Newbie
 
daiashthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponR
your a fcukin' joker aint ya! lol

no one said nutin about racin'....we was on about how fast you can go and that's decided by the quarter mile most of the time...well every time lol and unless i'm greatley mistaken, it's straight!

goin' to invite me for the weddin'? gues not lol


no
daiashthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 02:50 PM   #26
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponR

it's the speed and power of the car that matters! why waste money on makin' your car look good? i just don't get the thoughts of these kind of people! i understand makin' show cars but over here in the UK we don't have shows and nights like you have in the states...so why bother!

I missed this the first time around...

Why bother? becaeu that;s what they like, maybe? Why make a car faster when you have cops and speed limits? A car that's primarily a street car has zero need of being faster than it is in stock form (as fun as it may be) so why spend all that money on horsepower and handling you'll never use on your commute, when you can make teh car look better to you? You can use THAT every time you see it!

I'll give you anoither analogy.. Do you bathe? Do you wear clean clothes? Why bother cleaning them when they will just get dirty again, right? Why bother trying to improve your appearance by changing your haircut or dressing better, right? Dressing better doesn't make you think faster, or run faster, or lift more weight, right? So why bother looking good?

Or, do you insult people who have ugly cars? Would YOU drive a car you thought was ugly? Why not, if looks are unimportant?

I love having cars that are customized, even if they aren't fast. I have no teenage, testosterone addled need to have every car I own be a fecking race car. I love race cars. I love fast cars. I've built many. But they aren't the only valid kind of car to own.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 09:36 PM   #27
Inygknok
El del Supra
 
Inygknok's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 1,863
well, atleast that little car can just have an engine swapped in, or just throw in some naws so he can keep his power-to-wait ratio just as low as it currently is.
__________________


Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 10:53 PM   #28
daiashthomas
CF Newbie
 
daiashthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
well, atleast that little car can just have an engine swapped in, or just throw in some naws so he can keep his power-to-wait ratio just as low as it currently is.

exactly all i need is a 106 GTi or saxo VTS engine to go in then supercharger conversion
over 200bhp at the wheels then

just check this video out
To Download.... Right click and save target as.

yes its a saxo racing a bmw m3
and guess who wins :p
daiashthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 12:01 AM   #29
Inygknok
El del Supra
 
Inygknok's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 1,863
see? any car can move just as good as an M3. just need to solve the problem of the power-to-wait ratio.... mainly the WAIT part, but thats ok. just slap on type-r stickers and multicolor viper stripes with tin cans from pep boys for exhaust. thats gonna get u some real yin yang speed.... right?
__________________


Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 12:44 AM   #30
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiashthomas
just check this video out
To Download.... Right click and save target as.

yes its a saxo racing a bmw m3
and guess who wins :p

Barely... I claim driver error.
.
.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.