Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2006, 10:52 PM   #1
daddyc
CF Newbie

Need some help with Camero stereo

I've got a '95 Camero I've had my stereo hooked up for some while now, but the other day it quit working. Radio still gets power turns on and lights up and my subs will still play. So I was thinking that there has to be a prob with the Bose factory equip. OK, I was thinking that there's a amp in there, I'm unable to find one. Is there one and if so where? Or, if you got any other ideas of what I should do please help.
daddyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:04 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyc
I've got a '95 Camero I've had my stereo hooked up for some while now, but the other day it quit working. Radio still gets power turns on and lights up and my subs will still play. So I was thinking that there has to be a prob with the Bose factory equip. OK, I was thinking that there's a amp in there, I'm unable to find one. Is there one and if so where? Or, if you got any other ideas of what I should do please help.
1. What does the service manual say about the presence of an amp?

2. How can a person own a car "for some while now" and not even know how to properly spell it's name? Once might be a typo, twice is ridiculous.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:09 PM   #3
daddyc
CF Newbie

Book was no help and yeah I know my spelling sux
daddyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:44 AM   #4
davsmitty
CF Addict

so your not getting sound from your coaxles/componets? Take the speakers out but leave the wireing connected, then use a volt/ohm meter to test the connection WITH THE STEREO ON. Check all the speakers youre having problems with. If the speakers are recieving signal, but still not playing, then theyre probably busted. If the speakers are busted, use a KOWN WORKING speaker to test the signal again. If your not getting any signal whatsoever, then, yes, you probably have a problem with the amp. Remember, the HU has an amplifier too, this could be the problem.
Thats all Ive got for now. Post again after you check it all out, and give some more information
davsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:07 AM   #5
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Very good post Davsmitty.

Since we got that problem fixed Il fix the other:

Camaro=
Camero=
Old 03-27-2006, 02:19 AM   #6
davsmitty
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
Very good post Davsmitty.

Since we got that problem fixed Il fix the other:

Camaro=
Camero=

Hey thanks. Im trying to be very carefull of what i post so as not to incure the harsh wrath of the hobo LOL now that i know why he posts like he does, i can try to be more specific
davsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote