CF Addict

LOL w00t
davsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 03:56 AM   #32
Wally
I Know More Than You

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
What?...I spent like 15 minutes researching it, and making sure I wasn't going to look stupid lol...

History is stained with blood spilled in the name of "civilization."
I have a hard time spelling "miscellaneous."

^^There's some sentences from some websites, and here's a quote from another site:

http://imej.wfu.edu/articles/1999/1/...al/qpunct.html

You are Canadian yes? Then I assume you follow the British standard, which is logical use of punctuation. The US place the commas and periods inside the quotations marks, because of some convention (probably originally to thumb their noses at the Brits). They also spell theatre "theater", because Websters says so.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:29 AM   #33
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
You are Canadian yes? Then I assume you follow the British standard, which is logical use of punctuation. The US place the commas and periods inside the quotations marks, because of some convention (probably originally to thumb their noses at the Brits). They also spell theatre "theater", because Websters says so.
So I was spelling it the American way? Then depending on where hobo was when he wrote that, he may have written it properly? lol
Old 04-01-2006, 07:12 AM   #34
Wally
I Know More Than You

No you were punctuating it the accepted American way.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:12 PM   #35
Cliffy
CF Loafer

This makes me proud to be British lol...to think that we have a following of such good punctuation and large countries

btw, weldone on the research, Chris....it sure did pay off lol

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 04-01-2006 at 04:15 PM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 08:11 PM   #36
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
No you were punctuating it the accepted American way.
So I should be proud to have corrected vwhobo, but then ashamed for not using the proper British/Australian/Canadian grammar? lol
Old 04-01-2006, 08:22 PM   #37
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
So I should be proud to have corrected vwhobo, but then ashamed for not using the proper British/Australian/Canadian grammar? lol
Yes lol....hey, I should be CF's Brit/Canadian/Aussie ambassador....given that I'm British hehehe

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Old 04-01-2006, 08:43 PM   #38
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Yes lol....hey, I should be CF's Brit/Canadian/Aussie ambassador....given that I'm British hehehe
Woo, go Canada!i!

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:32 PM   #39
Wally
I Know More Than You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy

..and 67 or so other ex empire countries.

BTW are you aware that your prime minister Tony Blair was here recently? Both he and Ms Rice are presumably organising the imminent invasion of some country.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:37 PM   #40
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
..and 67 or so other ex empire countries.

BTW are you aware that your prime minister Tony Blair was here recently? Both he and Ms Rice are presumably organising the imminent invasion of some country.
I try not to pay much attention as far as he goes lol.....Infact, I probably wouldn't be able to tell if you were spinning me a line lol

Old 04-03-2006, 06:42 AM   #41
What?
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Douche bag. TF and FC cars don't use automatic transmissions. They use a one speed manual transmission with a clutch. Now what else would you like to say to make yourself look stupid, Pinkie?
The one speed transmission used in Funny Cars and Top Fuel cars are far from conventional. The clutch isn't used once the cars are staged. There is not easing off of it or anything.

It may have a clutch pedal but it isn't used in the race. The car functions more like an automatic with the different clutch plates engaging automatically at set time periods.
What? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 06:56 AM   #42
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
Originally Posted by OombaIsBack
By the way, are you color blind? Last time I checked maroon and pink were two very different colors.

Hahahaha, you're defending the colour of your car? Alright, I'l admit its not pink. The clour of your car is sooooo much manlier, hahaha.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:32 PM   #43
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by What?
The one speed transmission used in Funny Cars and Top Fuel cars are far from conventional. The clutch isn't used once the cars are staged. There is not easing off of it or anything.

It may have a clutch pedal but it isn't used in the race. The car functions more like an automatic with the different clutch plates engaging automatically at set time periods.
Where did you Google that up at Twhat? I don't recall stating anything about them being a conventional manual transmission, only that they ARE NOT automatic transmissions. Furthermore, I'm not the one who even introduced them into this conversation. Take that up with your fellow e-tard, Mary Kay.

P.S. Make sure you tell him that you're the one who wants to continue this discussion. Maybe you can both go for a ride in his pink car and talk about it.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 02:50 PM   #44
OombaIsBack
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
Hahahaha, you're defending the colour of your car? Alright, I'l admit its not pink. The clour of your car is sooooo much manlier, hahaha.

I'm, not saying its a manly color. I dont like the color of the car, and it was one of the reasons why I didn't want it. I got a real good deal on it. I'm just saying its not pink.
OombaIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 03:06 PM   #45
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Kay
I'm, not saying its a manly color. I dont like the color of the car, and it was one of the reasons why I didn't want it. I got a real good deal on it. I'm just saying its not pink.
How much eye shadow and feminine deodorant did you have to sell to get that awesome machine?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote