Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2006, 06:39 AM   #1
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Possible new car...?

Well my '88 Integra is just rounding 300,000 km (186,000 mi), and to be honest, isn't feeling so great. Its loud, still idles erratically, and the body isn't in great shape.

So naturally I'm always on the lookout for a deal.

Anyway, today at work, someone traded in an '88 - '91 Honda Prelude 2.0Si 5 spd. It also has 300,000 km on it, but on the other hand, the body is in nearly mint condition. The interior is spotless too. It also has power features (unlike mine), and a working sunroof (unlike mine). I started it up and let it warm up for a few minutes, it idles nicely and warms up properly. Everything works, and well. It does need rear brakes and a couple of tires, but that can be done easily.

Basically I think I should snatch it up if I can get a good deal (such as, wholesale value). Even if the engine cops out, it would be a good candidate for an engine swap because the body is so good and rust free.

What do you guys think?

This is what it looks like (not the actual car)

Oh and it has aftermarket star wheels, 15 inch I think.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:45 AM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

I like the Preludes, and I'd take it if I were you...if she really is in good condition. Just make sure there's nothing wrong with her
Old 03-29-2006, 06:01 AM   #3
Cliffy
CF Loafer

I used to have a Prelude in that incarnation. They sure are great cars. Ok, mine was a bit of a dog (a 1986 model) and she gave me nothing but grief lol, but I've heard stories of these things gong on for well over 200,000miles on their first engine, infact, all feedback I've received has been possitive. I say go for it. Lets face it, it's not gonna cost a great deal to purchase with that sort of mileage, so who cares if it gives you a bitofgrief? just limp it by and sell it when ya have the cash for another car!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote