Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2006, 01:22 PM   #31
born to drive
CF Newbie

i like both, as an m sport owner i like the out and out sportiness of the these cars. to me the amg versions are just faster (in some cases ridiculously fast ) versions of a rather softer, less sporty marque. and fair dues to them aswell

to me it would depend on what your requirements for a vehicle are to which version you go for

as a consumer its just great to have the choice from both manufacturers
Old 05-11-2006, 01:42 AM   #32
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Ugg... this has got to be the like 39871938749827th thread with this same topic.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:16 AM   #33
AstandardM
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by What?
I prefer AMG's engines. M-engines are overrated.

That new 6.3 liter V8 by AMG which makes 500+ hp and has a 7,200 redline excites me more than the M5's V10. It has more power, more torque, and it's lighter.

M5's V10 is overrated.

Overall, I prefer M cars.
I dont understand 100 hp per litre naturally aspirated is very rare how is the m engines overated and amg not when they use forced induction to duplicate the same thing. the e39 was the only recent m engine that dont fall in cat with this theory. 5.0 400bhp every fast merc has forced inductions take the turbo and superchargers from mb and u got a moderately fast luxury car youd have to take a plug from the m to reduce perf. its all natural that 2 me is astounding naturally aspirated engines always being compard to forced induction engines that says it all.
AstandardM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:38 AM   #34
What
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstandardM
I dont understand 100 hp per litre naturally aspirated is very rare how is the m engines overated and amg not when they use forced induction to duplicate the same thing. the e39 was the only recent m engine that dont fall in cat with this theory. 5.0 400bhp every fast merc has forced inductions take the turbo and superchargers from mb and u got a moderately fast luxury car youd have to take a plug from the m to reduce perf. its all natural that 2 me is astounding naturally aspirated engines always being compard to forced induction engines that says it all.

The 6.3 liter Merc engine that I was celebrating is a NA engine dude. This engine will go into a majority of their recent AMG vehicles. The 6.3 liter is physically smaller, lighter, more powerful, and more torquey than any BMW M engine. Shut it.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:55 PM   #35
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstandardM

Hp/liter is ricer math and pretty much useless
Old 07-31-2007, 02:14 AM   #36
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Hp/liter is ricer math and pretty much useless
of course you would say something like that.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:11 PM   #37
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

I care more about hp density and power to weight ratio.
The 5.0 BMW V10 makes 500 hp or 100hp per liter and only like 384ft/lbs, but the motor is still bigger and heavier than the LS7 which is 7.0 and make 500/500.

The only time i think hp/liter matters even a little is when you are racing in a displacement restricted class.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:42 PM   #38
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
.... only like 384ft/lbs, .
forgive my ignorance, but what's a ft/lb ??? how far the car can travel divided by its mass on 1 tank of gas??
Old 08-01-2007, 01:14 AM   #39
What
Banned

Quote:
The only time i think hp/liter matters even a little is when you are racing in a displacement restricted class.

Some engineers use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
forgive my ignorance, but what's a ft/lb ??? how far the car can travel divided by its mass on 1 tank of gas??

He's not as smart as us...lb-ft Enthusiast...or radius X Force..
Old 08-01-2007, 01:28 AM   #40
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Ive heard both foot pounds and pound feet. I even asked a local engine builder/head porter and he told me either could be used.
I guess thanks for correcting me though.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:00 AM   #41
What
Banned

Quote:
Ive heard both foot pounds and pound feet. I even asked a local engine builder/head porter and he told me either could be used.
I guess thanks for correcting me though.

You still don't get it. This isn't division...so it doesn't matter which order you say it. Your builder was correct but you'd rather ask someone at a school or a book about Physics equations...or me.

Your original thought of ft/lb was "feet-per-pound". You wrote it wrong. Didn't you say you were super-smart?

Last edited by What : 08-01-2007 at 02:17 AM.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:40 AM   #42
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by What
You still don't get it. This isn't division...so it doesn't matter which order you say it. Your builder was correct but you'd rather ask someone at a school or a book about Physics equations...or me.

Your original thought of ft/lb was "feet-per-pound". You wrote it wrong. Didn't you say you were super-smart?
thank you sir
Old 08-01-2007, 09:48 PM   #43
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by What

OH haha didnt even catch that. Thanks