Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2004, 03:17 AM   #1
USAF-Sergeant
CF Newbie

Cruising to become illegal???

I just read this article in Car & Driver. This is mind-blowing!!! In Charleston, SC... this isn't an issue...... (yet). Read this and let me know what you think.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....age_numb er=1

- Thank you all for keeping the homefires buring while we are away. You are doing an incrediable job on the homefront. Thank you very much.
USAF-Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 03:30 AM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF-Sergeant
I just read this article in Car & Driver. This is mind-blowing!!! In Charleston, SC... this isn't an issue...... (yet). Read this and let me know what you think.

That's ludicrous, It's not an issue here in the UK though, and the term cruising to us Brits means a gathering of either classic car lovers....or hooligans in their Citroen Saxo's (I dont like the latter sort btw!)..I've driven 'cruised' up and down the same road in many a time to check out the birds coming out of the night clubs at 2am before..and I'm pretty sure our Police forces do it too lol, thanx for the link

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 03:56 AM   #3
SuperJew
I like pie.

yeah i read that too....its total bullshit IMO.

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 05:53 AM   #4
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

shoot, if they pull that here, im screwed. i sometimes find myself driving around town all day just cuz i have nothing better to do
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 06:01 AM   #5
Cliffy
CF Loafer

It's a bit like loitering (not too sure how to spell it but I think that's it!) really aint it?...over here that's illegal

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 06:09 AM   #6
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

haha, that would suck to be a pizza boy or something... going back and forth all the time... granted, sure youre driving for a job, but still, its the idea behind it
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 12:07 PM   #7
USAF-Sergeant
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6man
shoot, if they pull that here, im screwed. i sometimes find myself driving around town all day just cuz i have nothing better to do

Your not the only one. Sometimes I'll drive around just to see if anything intresting is going on. When/if they try to enforce this... Me and they city counsel WILL have some words!!!!!

- Thank you all for keeping the homefires buring while we are away. You are doing an incrediable job on the homefront. Thank you very much.
USAF-Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 03:45 PM   #8
karburator
CF Spain HQ

And what about if you're foreigner and got lost? Or if you are looking for a place that you don't know where's exactly placed?

I'm wondering... how do they find that you are cruising? Is there one person all the day looking at the plates of the cars going through a street? Do they use cameras and send the police if they find somebody cruising?

It cannot be so difficult. The instruction manual will tell me which pedal is the 'velocitator' and which one is the... 'deceleratrix' (by Mr. C.M. Burns)
May God bless those who have nothing to say and, furthermore, they keep quiet (by someone)
karburator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 04:42 PM   #9
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF-Sergeant

Stupid, unconstitutional BS, that's what it is. Thre's got to be a way to lawfully challenge it that hasn't been tried yet (even though much of the battle should have been legally upheld already...)

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 07:09 PM   #10
Integra_LS
CF Enthusiast

I am willing to bet the only reason they are doing this is to pull more people over to make their monthly ticket sum :-).

Somehwere I heard that cops have to have so many tickets a week or they get in trouble. Feel free to tell me if I'm wrong.

<Power to Weight>

Integra_LS - Member of the unofficial vwhobo fan
Integra_LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 07:58 PM   #11
Kottonmouth
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra_LS
I am willing to bet the only reason they are doing this is to pull more people over to make their monthly ticket sum :-).

Somehwere I heard that cops have to have so many tickets a week or they get in trouble. Feel free to tell me if I'm wrong.

They've gotta make their quota. A few months ago a cop stopped me for doing 5 K over the speed limit and he gave me a ticket. It was getting towards the end of the month so i'm pretty sure he was just trying to make that quota. Bastard.
Kottonmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 08:17 PM   #12
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kottonmouth
They've gotta make their quota. A few months ago a cop stopped me for doing 5 K over the speed limit and he gave me a ticket. It was getting towards the end of the month so i'm pretty sure he was just trying to make that quota. Bastard.

There are no such things as ticket quotas. All the cops will tell you so.

Nudge, nudge, wink wink...

There are, however, departmental "performance standards." Which end up doing the same thing.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 08:28 PM   #13
karburator
CF Spain HQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
There are no such things as ticket quotas. All the cops will tell you so.

Nudge, nudge, wink wink...

There are, however, departmental "performance standards." Which end up doing the same thing.

Oh! Now they call it this way
The word for this is 'euphemism'

It cannot be so difficult. The instruction manual will tell me which pedal is the 'velocitator' and which one is the... 'deceleratrix' (by Mr. C.M. Burns)
May God bless those who have nothing to say and, furthermore, they keep quiet (by someone)

Last edited by karburator : 03-29-2004 at 08:30 PM.
karburator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 08:35 PM   #14
enron fever
CF Addict

isn't facism GREAT!
enron fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 09:16 PM   #15
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
That's ludicrous, It's not an issue here in the UK though, and the term cruising to us Brits means a gathering of either classic car lovers....or hooligans in their Citroen Saxo's (I dont like the latter sort btw!)..I've driven 'cruised' up and down the same road in many a time to check out the birds coming out of the night clubs at 2am before..and I'm pretty sure our Police forces do it too lol, thanx for the link
Yeah, the police actually encorage our type of cruising. They set out designated places for our beloved boy racers to go and show of their "ridez" and do "stunts"... Hey, you think crusing is bad, look what they did to our capital city!!

http://www.cclondon.com/

They charge you 5 ($8) to go into London each time, then if you don't pay by 12 am it costs you 80 and then they take you to court etc etc etc.. AND THEIR THINKING OF EXTENDING IT!! BASTARDS!!

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )

Last edited by Unfedfat : 03-29-2004 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Link wasn't working
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote