Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2006, 12:06 AM   #31
Bubba
null
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Mine shows the same....but it appears that I'm already on the snallest setting?.....which seems like the default size to me!

you mean like 800X600?

The smaller the resolution, the bigger the stuff on your screen will appear so if you use, say 800x600 everything will appear bigger and, 1280 by 1024, will make everything will appear smaller

Basically 800X600 means that there is 800 pixels horizontally across teh screen and 600 pixels vertically across the screen

and btw try 1024 by 768 instead of 1280 by 800 unless you're using a widescreen monitor
__________________

Last edited by Bubba : 04-02-2006 at 12:13 AM.
Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:16 AM   #32
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba
and btw try 1024 by 768 instead of 1280 by 800 unless you're using a widescreen monitor
That's apparently what the default setting is on my compute. As with Chris, mine's a laptop...
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:17 AM   #33
Aondor
CF Addict
 
Aondor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 452
my sig most overwhelm everyone
__________________
Aondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:18 AM   #34
Bubba
null
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
That's apparently what the default setting is on my compute. As with Chris, mine's a laptop...

and that's as big as you can go, most likely.....

Edit: or is it?
__________________

Last edited by Bubba : 04-02-2006 at 12:21 AM.
Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:21 AM   #35
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aondor
my sig most overwhelm everyone
Lower your font size a bit please JP

BTW Just found out my monitor's maximum support is 1280 by 800 px. Does anyone know what kind of cable I need to hook up my computer to a TV though?...I'm guessing an S-Video cable, but I'm not sure lol
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:25 AM   #36
Bubba
null
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Lower your font size a bit please JP

BTW Just found out my monitor's maximum support is 1280 by 800 px. Does anyone know what kind of cable I need to hook up my computer to a TV though?...I'm guessing an S-Video cable, but I'm not sure lol

yeah that would work, if you got the port in back
__________________
Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:33 AM   #37
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Hey Chris, just noticed on your sig....Why not put the small piccy at the top, and the other two at the bottom, in size order?....just an idea lol
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:33 AM   #38
Bubba
null
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 482
Hey, like this it makes a 'C' for Chris
__________________
Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:34 AM   #39
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba
Hey, like this it makes a 'C' for Chris
Erm, yeah....maybe that was the idea hehehe
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:41 AM   #40
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Hey Chris, just noticed on your sig....Why not put the small piccy at the top, and the other two at the bottom, in size order?....just an idea lol
Like this?:



Instead of posting threads with stupid questions, I'll put them here.
Thanks in advance
-Nothing for now lol

That's what it was like, and I changed it lol.

BTW I made it spell 'C'...I guess that makes me like a super-genius or something
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:42 AM   #41
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
I made my sig smaller yesterday (took the STi members off it). Is it good now Cliffy?
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:47 AM   #42
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Like this?:



Instead of posting threads with stupid questions, I'll put them here.
Thanks in advance
-Nothing for now lol

That's what it was like, and I changed it lol.

BTW I made it spell 'C'...I guess that makes me like a super-genius or something
I was thinking more like......this......





__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 04-02-2006 at 12:50 AM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:48 AM   #43
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I was thinking more like......this......







I thought that might be too tall, but if no one minds it, I'll change it to that lol
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:51 AM   #44
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
I thought that might be too tall, but if no one minds it, I'll change it to that lol
Again....I think that's boarderline hehe....I edited my last post though as I screwed it up..

Edit: But then...I guess it all depends on the txt you put in it too...lol
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 01:00 AM   #45
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Again....I think that's boarderline hehe....I edited my last post though as I screwed it up..

Edit: But then...I guess it all depends on the txt you put in it too...lol
I'll change it to that...I'll take the text out unless I have a question lol
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.