Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2006, 04:08 PM   #1
Larry10
CF Newbie

Anti Pinch

Hello everybody! I wanna ask you to help me with this matter. I would like to know, if you have some ideas how could the anti-pinch systems for windows, doors and seat adjustment be improved. What is your vision about it? The today’s systems react after they firstly touch you (in many cases not so gently, and in some others they could even injure you). So what kind of trends do you see in the future? Thanks
Larry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 10:35 PM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry10
Hello everybody! I wanna ask you to help me with this matter. I would like to know, if you have some ideas how could the anti-pinch systems for windows, doors and seat adjustment be improved. What is your vision about it? The today’s systems react after they firstly touch you (in many cases not so gently, and in some others they could even injure you). So what kind of trends do you see in the future? Thanks
As far as I'm aware, the anti-pinch devises only feature on 'one touch' window switches etc, so that if your fingers are in the gap and ya press the switch, it just touches them and backs off. I've yet to find a car that you have to keep the button held in, feature this device, but then, I dont resally go around testing it lol.

A collrgue of mine could have done with an anti-pinch door the other day, as it was slmmed on his fingers.....the door closed fully, too . The only anti-pinch doord I've seen haven't been on vehicles, but on doors in shops, the home or the workplace, whereby the hinged end of the door features a thin, flexible piece or plastic that spans the doors' length, this is corrigated so that it wont pinch if your fingers become trapped. This would be good to feature on vehicles in my opinion. Although that's only the hinged part or the door accounted for.....Is it really possible to stop the door closing on your fingers at the opening end?

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 07:03 AM   #3
Larry10
CF Newbie

Thank you,

Thank you, Cliffy! I appreciate your respond. Hope that other members could also give an opinion
Larry10 is offline   Reply With Quote