Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2006, 02:36 PM   #1
drifterv_2000
CF Newbie

Car/Racing Movie

I don't know if this thread has been started or not, but I was wondering what is the best car/racing movie that you seen. I was just wondering because The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift is due out in theaters soon.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:44 PM   #2
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

OHH I CANT WAIT FOR TOKYO DRIFFFFFT
should be decent

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 03:59 PM   #3
davsmitty
CF Addict

I hated the firs F&F, the second wasnt that bad. My favorites would have to be between Gone in 60 seconds (1990's) and Driven (Stalone)
and no, I dont like Gone in 60 because of 'elanore'
davsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:44 PM   #4
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

watch the number of "drifting" accidents increase sharply after that movie is released.

< Gone in 60 seconds, Driven
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 07:01 PM   #5
drifterv_2000
CF Newbie

Well the best drifting movie out so far is Initial D, and yes, it's the chinese version. I like Legend Of Speed also, lots of JDM cars. The first F&F movie was ok, really showed the underground racing scene, the second part was not that good, just a cop movie. The third might be the best one of all three.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:08 PM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifterv_2000
Well the best drifting movie out so far is Initial D, and yes, it's the chinese version. I like Legend Of Speed also, lots of JDM cars. The first F&F movie was ok, really showed the underground racing scene, the second part was not that good, just a cop movie. The third might be the best one of all three.
If you really believe the The Slow and the Stupid "really showed the underground racing scene", you have no concept of "the underground racing scene" beyond what you've seen on your video games. If you like a particular movie that's just dandy but don't speak about things that you have no experience or knowledge of.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 07:19 PM   #7
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Really shows the underground race scene??? Ok, in the race scene down here, you have riced out cars (as those in the movie), they race most of the time down a street about the size of a 1/4, and in that stretch, they don't shift 15 times

Last edited by 99integra : 04-03-2006 at 07:27 PM.
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 07:23 PM   #8
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
Really shows the underground race scene??? Ok, in the race scene down here, you have riced out cars (as those in the movie), that race most of the time down a street about the size of a 1/4, and in that stretch, they don't shift 15 times

some transport trucks might

damn that was pointless

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 08:46 PM   #9
chris_knows
๑۩۞

All of the ones listed above
Dukes of Hazzard (Old and New)
Smokey And The Bandit <<Best one IMO
The Blues Brothers

There's some more that I'm forgetting...

Fast & Furious was a terrible movie, same with 2Fast 2Furious. Although the second one was a bit better, it sucked lol....I don't have high expectations for Tokyo Drift either
Old 04-03-2006, 10:57 PM   #10
Benson
seeking snappy title.

Bullitt
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:42 AM   #11
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

I can't ever pick a favorite anything, so here's some I like that haven't been listed:
Cannonball Run
Gumball Rally
American Graffiti
BMW Films: The Hire
Cetait un Rendez-vous

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:47 AM   #12
moostang104314
the guy you wish you were

I heard about the 3rd Fast and the Furious movie, and apparently there aren't going to be anyone of the former characters in it. It will be interesting to see what its like when it comes out. As for the first two Fast and the Furious movies, they didn't bother me too much, and I enjoyed them.

Gone in 60 seconds has to be one of my top car movies, mostly for the chase scene at the end.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:14 AM   #13
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by moostang104314
Gone in 60 seconds has to be one of my top car movies, mostly for the chase scene at the end.
The chase seen in the remake of Gone in 60 seconds (I assume you're talking about the newer one) really pissed me off because one of the things stressed in the originally movie was the stunts. The director actually died in the making of Gone in 60 seconds 2 when a water tower that was being used as a prop for a stunt fell on him. When they decided to computerize that part at the end w/ the Shelby jump in the newer movie, that really pissed me off. I'm not saying it was a safe stunt to do for real, but I wish they would have left that part out. Overall it's an entertaining movie, but I wish they would have made it a little more adult as well. A movie about car theives feels too childlike to me if they don't curse.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 02:52 AM   #14
davsmitty
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant016
The chase seen in the remake of Gone in 60 seconds (I assume you're talking about the newer one) really pissed me off because one of the things stressed in the originally movie was the stunts. The director actually died in the making of Gone in 60 seconds 2 when a water tower that was being used as a prop for a stunt fell on him. When they decided to computerize that part at the end w/ the Shelby jump in the newer movie, that really pissed me off. I'm not saying it was a safe stunt to do for real, but I wish they would have left that part out. Overall it's an entertaining movie, but I wish they would have made it a little more adult as well. A movie about car theives feels too childlike to me if they don't curse.
yeah, and Angelina shouldve been nekid again lol. acually I think she looked nasty in Gone in 60, but damn shes a hot moma!!
davsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 02:45 AM   #15
moostang104314
the guy you wish you were

Quote:
Originally Posted by davsmitty
yeah, and Angelina shouldve been nekid again lol. acually I think she looked nasty in Gone in 60, but damn shes a hot moma!!
yeah, the blond hair and loads of make-up don't make her any more hot