Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2006, 09:26 AM   #1
matt05uk
CF Newbie

Ford Badge Probs

hi all, having recently purchased a FORD car for the first time i've been having problems with the badges and the colourations.

having looked at various other ford cars ive seen on the road i notice this is a common problem, what happens is the colour comes out of the badge to reveal a not very good looking silver/grey underneath which really stands out and doesnt look too good,

is their a common solution that i can use to seal the colour in? i have had to replace both the front and rear badges and ive only had the car about 2 months, the badges if bought on ebay cost around 6-7 ($11) and if bought direct from ford cost around 9 ($16)

matt05uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:56 AM   #2
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

i've found that the vehicle runs better if you just peel it off and throw it away...

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 02:55 PM   #3
glagon1979
daddy x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
i've found that the vehicle runs better if you just peel it off and throw it away...
lol
Old 04-10-2006, 04:01 PM   #4
Cliffy
CF Loafer

It's easier just to replace them.....it's unlikely this will happen on newer badges!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:08 PM   #5
Wally
I Know More Than You

I went through this process a while back and resolved to use the sticky back ones, because my falcon will only see sunlight on the odd weekend. There are enameled versions that cost more and should hold up better to the rays.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:35 AM   #6
thermo
CF Newbie

Get a Yamaha badge to replace the Ford one. I know a guy that did that. Looked kinda funny.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:58 PM   #7
mattuk05
CF Newbie

you cant just take the badge off on my car, where the badge goes is indented so when you take the badge off it is obvious what you have done.

on the front its not so bad cos u can put and size badge on to cover up the indentation and it looks goods, but on the pack it sits in a hole the shape of the badge so you need exactly the same sized badge

oh well just going to have to by another badge, luckily theres a set of four badges on ebay, just to keep some as spares
mattuk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:04 PM   #8
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattuk05
you cant just take the badge off on my car, where the badge goes is indented so when you take the badge off it is obvious what you have done.

on the front its not so bad cos u can put and size badge on to cover up the indentation and it looks goods, but on the pack it sits in a hole the shape of the badge so you need exactly the same sized badge

oh well just going to have to by another badge, luckily theres a set of four badges on ebay, just to keep some as spares
Look on the bright side, it could have been a Focus or new Modeo you have, in which case, the front badges form a cover for a bonnet lock (to replace the old 'tried and tested' red bonnet pull that your Ka has!)....And at a guess, I'd say these were much more expensive!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:27 PM   #9
mattuk05
CF Newbie

yeah the car i learned to drive in was a focus and had that kind of a badge. where it flips up and you put the key in to open the bonnet.

its the back on thats gone completely silver, theres plenty on ebay so it should be ok
mattuk05 is offline   Reply With Quote