Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2006, 04:16 AM   #31
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipKnoT
You're really an ignorant ass. I never said I was and "automotive genius". Get your shit straight. Hes helping me out you ****ing dick.
Quote:
You could just go down to AutoZone or something. . .but I would say no more than 65 bucks.
Quote:
I always did like the look of the 80s Cutlasses. The only thing wrong with them is that they came with an underpowered turd box 305 (which you have fixed already ) or a VERY underopowered 6 cylinder and they are rattletraps. Very noisy going down the road.
Quote:
No dude. Just beef up the bottom end. Get you a good Eagle crank, and some JE or Probe pistons and rods and you'll be set. Actually, you probably wouldnt even have to do that. Just dont run more than 8psi on it. You should be fine.
Quote:
Well Id say that what you need is a new alternator, and your problem will be solved!
Yeah, I guess your posts prove you're right.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 04:26 AM   #32
davsmitty
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
what happened???
davsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 04:27 AM   #33
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by davsmitty
what happened???
WTF are you on about?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 04:49 AM   #34
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Hobo I dyno'd at 209.5whp and 221.7wtq.

Thunderbird: there is a lot more to take into consideration than just horsepower and torque, weight and gearing play a significant part and the M3 beats up on the must on both. For comparison that day at the track, my first run I beat a TA ws6 (I dont think he had much if anything done) by about 2 tenths or half a car length. I also had an even time with an ls2 GTO. and stomped my friends 2002 mustang GT (auto, catback, intake) by 7 tenths.

I am by no means saying I would run a 13.1 at sea level, online converters obviously arent as good as actually going to sea level and running, but I would be close to it.

I DID run a 14.582 in Albuquerque though (most intarweb people they dont understand thats a good time for here) and can take a pic of the timeslip if no one believes me.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:09 AM   #35
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
If you do the calculation, he needs about 220 hp at the wheels to run that number. I'm not sure I buy it, but it's definitely within the realm of possibility.

I'm guess this calculator assumes the best possible cases for the car? IE: slicks, best gearing...

But heck even if his M3 had slicks and really good gears, would it be capable of going 13.1 with 260hp (Crank) and weighing a smidge under 3200lbs?

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:12 AM   #36
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Wow, I just realized my sig is gone...HA!

~Blow your mind~

Old 04-04-2006, 09:18 AM   #37
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
Hobo I dyno'd at 209.5whp and 221.7wtq.

Thunderbird: there is a lot more to take into consideration than just horsepower and torque, weight and gearing play a significant part and the M3 beats up on the must on both. For comparison that day at the track, my first run I beat a TA ws6 (I dont think he had much if anything done) by about 2 tenths or half a car length. I also had an even time with an ls2 GTO. and stomped my friends 2002 mustang GT (auto, catback, intake) by 7 tenths.

I am by no means saying I would run a 13.1 at sea level, online converters obviously arent as good as actually going to sea level and running, but I would be close to it.

I DID run a 14.582 in Albuquerque though (most intarweb people they dont understand thats a good time for here) and can take a pic of the timeslip if no one believes me.

I'm not quite understanding how a 250hp, 265tq, 3175lb M3 can possibly run 13.1 at sea level with street tires and the stock gears...It just doesnt seem possible. I've gone to more close to sea level tracks than not and I've seen a few M3's like yours go and they never did anything quicker than low 14s the occasional 13.9 completely stock. Heck a guy was only doing 13.20's with his 333hp M3.

I mean I dont know how many stock, or near stock 99-04 Mustang GT's I've seen do high 13 second passes and I think you should be running about the same time as a manual one given equal driver skill or be within a tenth or two. They were never ever faster than that.

~Blow your mind~

Old 04-04-2006, 01:11 PM   #38
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot

Quote:

So I know a few things. Doesnt mean Im a genuis or THINK that I am. Unlike someone. . .*cough cough*

The only thing wrong in any one of those posts was the mistake made about the 307 V8. I honestly had no idea.

The other post about the struts for the guys Grand Am was based of the KYB replacements without swaybar brackets for the 96-98 year Grand Am.

I really dont understand what your deal is. . .
SlipKnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 05:19 PM   #39
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
I'm not quite understanding how a 250hp, 265tq, 3175lb M3 can possibly run 13.1 at sea level with street tires and the stock gears...It just doesnt seem possible. I've gone to more close to sea level tracks than not and I've seen a few M3's like yours go and they never did anything quicker than low 14s the occasional 13.9 completely stock. Heck a guy was only doing 13.20's with his 333hp M3.

I mean I dont know how many stock, or near stock 99-04 Mustang GT's I've seen do high 13 second passes and I think you should be running about the same time as a manual one given equal driver skill or be within a tenth or two. They were never ever faster than that.

I agree, sorry Zalight but I can't see your car doing that with that power and weight.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 10:05 PM   #40
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Whatever kiddies.

I know that online calculators aren't the best...its just to put in perspective how fast a 14.5 in albuqueque really is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalight

I would run CLOSE to a 13.1...the converter is just to put my time in perspective.

how about this, do you think an LS2 GTO (400hp and 400tq) could run a 13.1 at sea level if it was modified slightly? especially seeing as how they run a 13.3 (C&D Jan '05) at sea level.... cause my friend josh ran a 14.5 up here and he is modified with a lid and a catback

How about an SRT-8 Charger? Seems plausible doesn't it? A 13.1 at sea level is definitly possible seeing as how stock they run a 13.5(MT Dec.'05)

you guys remember that thread I posted of my dyno day? And my friend rons SRT-8? He as an intake a cat back and a dyno tune. so he would definitly run faster than a 13.5 at sea level prolly close to a 13.2 or so right?

well, here he is running a 14.5 in albuquerque

OH my!!! My 209 whp M3 is just as fast as a 382 whp SRT-8 and a modified LS2 GTO!!

Now do you think its plausible to see me run a low 13 at sea level?

Last edited by Zalight : 04-04-2006 at 10:10 PM.
Zalight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:06 PM   #41
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Whatever kiddies.

I know that online calculators aren't the best...its just to put in perspective how fast a 14.5 in albuqueque really is.

I would run CLOSE to a 13.1...the converter is just to put my time in perspective.

how about this, do you think an LS2 GTO (400hp and 400tq) could run a 13.1 at sea level if it was modified slightly? especially seeing as how they run a 13.3 (C&D Jan '05) at sea level.... cause my friend josh ran a 14.5 up here and he is modified with a lid and a catback

How about an SRT-8 Charger? Seems plausible doesn't it? A 13.1 at sea level is definitly possible seeing as how stock they run a 13.5(MT Dec.'05)

you guys remember that thread I posted of my dyno day? And my friend rons SRT-8? He as an intake a cat back and a dyno tune. so he would definitly run faster than a 13.5 at sea level prolly close to a 13.2 or so right?

well, here he is running a 14.5 in albuquerque

OH my!!! My 209 whp M3 is just as fast as a 382 whp SRT-8 and a modified LS2 GTO!!

Now do you think its plausible to see me run a low 13 at sea level?

No, I still think you'd be running at best in the high 13s at sea level. Remember, I've seen a few M3's just like your run at sea level, and they best any of them could do was 13.90's.

It could easily be possible that those guys cant drive that well.

I just find it very impossible to believe you can take a second and a half off your ET just by going down to sea level...can you take off time? Sure, but a second and a half, not in this case.

~Blow your mind~

Old 04-04-2006, 11:07 PM   #42
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Yeah, sorry, but no. I still believe high 13's is the best you would do.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:09 PM   #43
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Whatever.

I show vids and provide proof, and I still get no luck
Old 04-04-2006, 11:16 PM   #44
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Whatever.

I believe that your car ran a 14.582, but the conversion thing is probably a bit off, I'd think it would be closer to 13.5
Old 04-04-2006, 11:17 PM   #45
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Whatever.

No one is denying you ran a 14.5 at the level you did. We are just highly skeptical this online calculator is worth a good look because it seems EXTREMELY far fetched...I'm talking from experience pretty much seeing most cars run at sea level, including some M3's exactly like yours.

I'm just not going to believe it until I see it.

Remember, you didnt provide any "proof" for running a 13.1 at sea level other than what a calculator said you can. I'll believe it when I see it.

I can see you doing high 13s, just like all the other M3's did, but a near 13 flat with an almost stock M3? Dont see it happening.

~Blow your mind~