Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2006, 01:24 AM   #31
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Hmm, I could have sworn that all straight 8's didn't have valve covers, meh, next time I'll do some more research Thanks hobo
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:26 AM   #32
nighthawk
Part Time Active User
 
nighthawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: -
Posts: 1,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows

BTW Hamann Motorsport is a German company that makes performance parts, and also modifies cars (It's to BMW what Brabus is to Mercedes).


first person to answer my question


but I think they modify ferraris and lamborghinis too
__________________

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:33 AM   #33
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk
first person to answer my question


but I think they modify ferraris and lamborghinis too
I know they do Lamborghini's and Mini's...just didn't mention them lol, not sure about Ferrari though.

So I guess it's my turn now...this might take a minute lol...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
Ahh, what's the counter mechanism? lol Pretty simple if you know what it really is
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:47 AM   #34
nighthawk
Part Time Active User
 
nighthawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: -
Posts: 1,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
I know they do Lamborghini's and Mini's...just didn't mention them lol, not sure about Ferrari though.

So I guess it's my turn now...this might take a minute lol...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
Ahh, what's the counter mechanism? lol Pretty simple if you know what it really is

counter mechanisim.... something tells me your talking about a tachometer

am I right?
__________________

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:48 AM   #35
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk
counter mechanisim.... something tells me your talking about a tachometer

am I right?
Yep
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:50 AM   #36
nighthawk
Part Time Active User
 
nighthawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: -
Posts: 1,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Yep


sweet,

+1 post

what is it called when the trransmission is making the tires on a car spin at a faster RPM than the engine itself?
__________________

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:58 AM   #37
hondaman
I drive a Buick.
 
hondaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Somewhere in Alabama
Posts: 1,432
Overdrive.
__________________
hondaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 05:50 AM   #38
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-
 
Mathew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk
counter mechanisim.... something tells me your talking about a tachometer

am I right?

What the hell, the counter mechanism is not the tachometer. Do you guys actually know anything?



Here's an easy question, which car has a clutch, a 1991 Toyota Corolla manual, or a 1993 VW Jetta Automatic.
__________________
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 05:57 AM   #39
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
What the hell, the counter mechanism is not the tachometer. Do you guys actually know anything?



Here's an easy question, which car has a clutch, a 1991 Toyota Corolla manual, or a 1993 VW Jetta Automatic.
Volkswagen because it's got a longer name JP I know it's the Corolla lol
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:11 AM   #40
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-
 
Mathew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Volkswagen because it's got a longer name JP I know it's the Corolla lol

Actually its both SUCKER.

You guys really do know nothing...
__________________
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:21 AM   #41
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo
 
windsonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Down Below
Posts: 2,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
Heres a little thread to test out how much us teens of the forum know about cars, the people to answer the questions should be (13-18) and whoever has a question (no matter the age) they can ask and only the us "kids" can answer it, comprende?

I got one to start out with for ya'll...

Does a straight 8 have bigger or smaller valve covers than a V8?

(I know it may be tempting for you older ones but don't answer it)

EDIT: You cannot ask a question until the previous unanswered one has been answered and the person who answers it correctly gets to ask
Here is a question: who can see the flawed logic in 99's original post?

Hint: It's in the EDIT part.



EDIT: Did the Jetta have a clutch or a torque converter?
__________________
You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.
windsonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:24 AM   #42
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-
 
Mathew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
Here is a question: who can see the flawed logic in 99's original post?

Hint: It's in the EDIT part.



EDIT: Did the Jetta have a clutch or a torque converter?

It was an automatic.
__________________
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:25 AM   #43
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo
 
windsonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Down Below
Posts: 2,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
It was an automatic.
yes, so clutch or torque converter?
__________________
You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.
windsonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:25 AM   #44
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
Actually its both SUCKER.

You guys really do know nothing...
Oh, I was referring to the limited edition, but I'm tired, would you like to explain to the others why it had a clutch?

BTW Windsonian, I think I see what's wrong with it...but it's too hard to explain lol; he's saying you can't ask a question until the previous one was answered, but you have to have answered the previous question, right? lol
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:30 AM   #45
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo
 
windsonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Down Below
Posts: 2,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Oh, I was referring to the limited edition, but I'm tired, would you like to explain to the others why it had a clutch?

BTW Windsonian, I think I see what's wrong with it...but it's too hard to explain lol; he's saying you can't ask a question until the previous one was answered, but you have to have answered the previous question, right? lol
not quite... he said that you can't ask a question unless you answered the previous one. and only the "youngins" can answer. therefore only the youngins can ask .... but he said anyone can ask.
__________________
You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.
windsonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.