Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2006, 04:43 AM   #76
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Bingo. You said in a PM at 2309 hours that you were only researching and were not going to post in this thread. Then at 2315 hours you posted in this thread. It only took you six minutes to do exactly what you said you weren't going to. Where I come from, that is most assuredly attempting to cheat. I don't think that attempted cheaters should even be allowed to compete.

If anyone feels I'm wrong, I'll be happy to listen. But not to you. As far as I'm concerned, you have forfeited your right to play this round. Next.
Haha, watch out Simon Cowell, you may be out of a job in no time...

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 04:49 AM   #77
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Am I wrong, or is the game going to continue? Who has the answers?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 04:52 AM   #78
skeetin870
CF Enthusiast

I deleted my responses taking my answers out. I would like a new question though. If you delete your quote they will be gone all together

skeetin870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 04:55 AM   #79
shadowedII
CF Newbie

By no means do I want to rain on anyones insignificant parade, but this is something that really shouldn't be this complicated... even for 13 year olds.

And if people would like to make sure that an answer to a question hasn't already been correctly answered and a new one posed before answering the previous, that would probably help out too...

Maybe it should just be locked, one man put in charge, and then the answers PMed to that individual. WHen the correct answer is submitted, that individual posts who got the answer, what it was, and that person's question.

I only suggest because no one seems to be able to manage this. I mean, six pages already and there's been a grand total of around 4 questions asked... maybe.
shadowedII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 04:57 AM   #80
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeetin870
I deleted my responses taking my answers out. I would like a new question though. If you delete your quote they will be gone all together
I don't delete, I don't rewrite history, I don't censor. I also don't jump to the command of the person who got busted doing something questionable. The person who successfully answers the question without cheating will determine the next question. Just think, if you told the truth to begin with, you could be in charge right now.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 04-06-2006, 04:59 AM   #81
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowedII
By no means do I want to rain on anyones insignificant parade, but this is something that really shouldn't be this complicated... even for 13 year olds.

And if people would like to make sure that an answer to a question hasn't already been correctly answered and a new one posed before answering the previous, that would probably help out too...

Maybe it should just be locked, one man put in charge, and then the answers PMed to that individual. WHen the correct answer is submitted, that individual posts who got the answer, what it was, and that person's question.

I only suggest because no one seems to be able to manage this. I mean, six pages already and there's been a grand total of around 4 questions asked... maybe.
Honestly, that doesn't sound like such a bad idea. It'd keep it alittle more neat and organised in here (as long as others knew to 'not post in here').

Old 04-06-2006, 05:00 AM   #82
skeetin870
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
I don't delete, I don't rewrite history, I don't censor. I also don't jump to the command of the person who got busted doing something questionable. The person who successfully answers the question without cheating will determine the next question. Just think, if you told the truth to begin with, you could be in charge right now.

I never denied any of what you said. I simply said that we had a misunderstanding, and that it was my fault, but the answers are right there to anybody who reads the thread. Will somebody at least post a new question?

skeetin870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 05:01 AM   #83
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowedII

Simpleton. If you did more than just read the numbers on the pages, you'd know something of that nature has already occured. And I don't recall anyone asking for your advice. If someone else wants to take this over, fine. Until a few people ask me to step aside, it looks like I'm stuck with it.

Old 04-06-2006, 05:10 AM   #84
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Nobody? Five minutes and I'm outta here.

Old 04-06-2006, 05:15 AM   #85
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
Okay, not totally sure here, but the 400 sbc had cooling problems so most had 3 frost plugs on each side compared to the 350 sbc 2 plugs. The 400 sbc had the siamesed cylinders and the larger bore which left less room then the 350 had, therefore in the 400 sbc the cylinder wasn't surrounded by a water jacket as the 350 was. Also, I think I saw somewhere that the crank was a little different (if you need more explanation of that, I'll need to try and find the site..)....
Might as well repost this, not sure if you saw this or not or really how accurate it is but it's a try...

Old 04-06-2006, 05:15 AM   #86
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

does anyone come up with a new question? Because the previous one has been answered...
Old 04-06-2006, 05:17 AM   #87
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
Might as well repost this, not sure if you saw this or not or really how accurate it is but it's a try...
As with Chris, all correct but only one completely. Also only two meet the requirement of being a primary difference.

Old 04-06-2006, 05:17 AM   #88
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimander13
does anyone come up with a new question? Because the previous one has been answered...
Answers and correct answers are not the same thing.

Old 04-06-2006, 05:19 AM   #89
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Answers and correct answers are not the same thing.

oh, I thought that they were the correct answers because he cheated. I didn't know what he got from you, but I thought thats what he posted. Therefore, I thought he had the correct answers

for people joining, I believe this is the recent question....

What are three primary differences between a 350 SBC and a 400 SBC. Bore, stroke and displacement are not acceptable answers.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:22 AM   #90
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimander13
oh, I thought that they were the correct answers because he cheated. I didn't know what he got from you, but I thought thats what he posted. Therefore, I thought he had the correct answers
Maybe they are and maybe they aren't. Notice I never said either way. That would be cheating the people who are playing honestly. And no, I never gave him the answers. I was born at night, just not last night.

What are three primary differences between a 350 SBC and a 400 SBC. Bore, stroke and displacement are not acceptable answers.