Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2006, 05:25 AM   #91
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Maybe they are and maybe they aren't. Notice I never said either way. That would be cheating the people who are playing honestly. And no, I never gave him the answers. I was born at night, just not last night.

What are three primary differences between a 350 SBC and a 400 SBC. Bore, stroke and displacement are not acceptable answers.
Well I just found a site that said something like "The 3 primary differences of the 400 sbc to all/most other small blocks....." on a website in a google search.....

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 05:29 AM   #92
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

You boys are slow as shit. Good night.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 06:27 AM   #93
scrounger
CF Newbie

Quote:
...What are three primary differences between a 350 SBC and a 400 SBC. Bore, stroke and displacement are not acceptable answers.
Maybe I'm too old to play but to keep good thread running I can think of one main difference: center cylinders are joined together on 400... That's why I also have not heard of steam holes on 350. I'm fairly sure rods on 400s are shorter. That would be 3 differences and are not about bore, stroke or cubic inches, hehehe.
I can add one more just in case: 350s are internally balanced while 400 are externally. Do I get bonus points?
scrounger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 06:35 AM   #94
shadowedII
CF Newbie

Quote:
Simpleton. If you did more than just read the numbers on the pages, you'd know something of that nature has already occured. And I don't recall anyone asking for your advice. If someone else wants to take this over, fine. Until a few people ask me to step aside, it looks like I'm stuck with it.

Yet I still see wrong answers and tangents (like the ones about not re-writing history and the like) every other post, so clearly something of that nature has not occured. I suggested LOCK IT, PM a thread mod., he posts answer and new question, REPEAT.

An ape could follow those directions. Simple... but the people justify simplicity when they can't make anything else work.

You may know a lot about cars but your people skills are a little rusty.

And this post has been a irrelevant post to the original topic, though I feel that it might instill a small shred of deviance towards the original topic again so I'm clicking *submit* anyways.
shadowedII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 12:25 PM   #95
glagon1979
daddy x3

wow. since 5pm yesterday nobody has managed to come up with an answer. i see 3 correct answers but not all on 1 post. the answers are right there. 1st one to post them gets control!!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2006, 05:49 PM   #96
scrounger
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by glagon1979
wow. since 5pm yesterday nobody has managed to come up with an answer. i see 3 correct answers but not all on 1 post. the answers are right there. 1st one to post them gets control!!!!!!!!

wow! You are telling me I'm wrong or you are looking still for some other difference?
Old 04-06-2006, 05:58 PM   #97
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrounger
Maybe I'm too old to play but to keep good thread running I can think of one main difference: center cylinders are joined together on 400... That's why I also have not heard of steam holes on 350. I'm fairly sure rods on 400s are shorter. That would be 3 differences and are not about bore, stroke or cubic inches, hehehe.
I can add one more just in case: 350s are internally balanced while 400 are externally. Do I get bonus points?
Quote:
wow! You are telling me I'm wrong or you are looking still for some other difference?
Maybe if your answer didn't look like a jumbled pile of sh*t, it would be easier for someone to read and comprehend. Why is it so hard to answer in a clear and concise format such as this?

1. Answer #1

2. Answer #2

3. Answer #3

Hell if I know. Additionally, based on your previous posts you are just a bit too old for this game. Will it really raise your self esteem if you can win a game designed for teenagers?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 04-06-2006, 06:02 PM   #98
scrounger
CF Newbie

Quote:
Maybe if your answer didn't look like a jumbled pile of sh*t, it would be easier for someone to read and comprehend. Why is it so hard to answer in a clear and concise format such as this?

1. Answer #1

2. Answer #2

3. Answer #3

Hell if I know. Additionally, based on your previous posts you are just a bit too old for this game. Will it really raise your self esteem if you can win a game designed for teenagers?

That may rise my esteem of you, is a healthy respect for strangers and a bit of more good natured humor. I don't need to deal with this type of attitude. I'm out of here.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:03 PM   #99
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
That may rise my esteem of you, is a healthy respect for strangers and a bit of more good natured humor. I don't need to deal with this type of attitude. I'm out of here.
Buh bye, Twinkie.

Old 04-07-2006, 12:55 AM   #100
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

ok this is originally posted by skeetin, but hasn't recieved credit so I'll try his answers

1 There is no space between adjacent cylinder liners making the block unsually rigid and not prone to cylinder bore flexing.
2 This block used a much larger 2.65 inch main bearing assuring that crankshafts from all other blocks would not fit without special oversize bearings
3 This is the only small-block that used a 5.56 inch long connecting rod compared to the 5.7 inch connecting rod in all other displacements.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:48 AM   #101
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

just off the top of my head, i was gonna say main journals are bigger, siamesed cylinders w/ steam holes in the deck (and heads), and externally balanced... is that what you are looking for? or did i miss a qualification (i just scanned the thread...)

Last edited by dodger65 : 04-07-2006 at 02:51 AM.
dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 03:09 AM   #102
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
just off the top of my head, i was gonna say main journals are bigger, siamesed cylinders w/ steam holes in the deck (and heads), and externally balanced... is that what you are looking for? or did i miss a qualification (i just scanned the thread...)
You're only 13 years too old Answers are probably right though lol
Old 04-07-2006, 03:19 AM   #103
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
You're only 13 years too old Answers are probably right though lol

13 years? how old is the cutoff? i didn't see that... (obviously...)

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 03:23 AM   #104
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimander13
ok this is originally posted by skeetin, but hasn't recieved credit so I'll try his answers

1 There is no space between adjacent cylinder liners making the block unsually rigid and not prone to cylinder bore flexing.
2 This block used a much larger 2.65 inch main bearing assuring that crankshafts from all other blocks would not fit without special oversize bearings
3 This is the only small-block that used a 5.56 inch long connecting rod compared to the 5.7 inch connecting rod in all other displacements.
Oh so close. All three of them have correct facts, but only two are completely correct. The third one however, needs some work due to incomplete/misleading information. There really are some easier answers to be had. Don't make it harder than it has to be.

Quote:
Ummm... How old are you?

Old 04-07-2006, 03:27 AM   #105
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
13 years? how old is the cutoff? i didn't see that... (obviously...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
Heres a little thread to test out how much us teens of the forum know about cars, the people to answer the questions should be (13-18) and whoever has a question (no matter the age) they can ask and only the us "kids" can answer it, comprende?