Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2004, 09:59 PM   #1
wishihada911
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 26
When is suziki gonna make something cool

For years Suzuki has been making awesome streetbikes that are pretty well top of the line. Despite this their cars are shite. They must have the ability to make something cool so why dont they try as hard to make a car as they do their crotch rockets.
wishihada911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 10:33 PM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Isn't there a car prototype from Suzuki with a motorbike engine?
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 11:00 PM   #3
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishihada911
For years Suzuki has been making awesome streetbikes that are pretty well top of the line. Despite this their cars are shite. They must have the ability to make something cool so why dont they try as hard to make a car as they do their crotch rockets.

How about the Suzuki Swift GTi? The geo metro was teh GM version of the Swift, but Geo never sold the 4 cyl, DOHC version, with the good suspension and racing seats that the Suzuki had. Fun little cars that you still see at autocrosses. In Japan and Europe, they also have a small 2 seat sports car in the kei class called the Cappuccino. Basically a 660cc Miata, and from what I hear, a ton of fun.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 11:16 PM   #4
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac
 
R34RB30DETTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SE England.. you?
Posts: 604
I'm sorry but swifts are shite.. This "lad" at collage has one, its a whole 1 litre (pretty much half of my cars displacement) and is a bag of crap.. Just like it's owner.. The 1.3 GTi's are quicker and can be pretty fast but are nothing compared to a good full sized car with a good full sized engine.. Anyway, Suzuki have a prototype with 4 GSXR 1000 engines in it.. one for each wheel.. Bout 800 bhp and 600 kg.. Sound pretty good?
__________________

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 04:06 AM   #5
wishihada911
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 26
that sounds like a pretty sweet car. In grand turismo 3 there is a Suzuki rally car with around 1000 hp and a huge spoiler. It sounds kind of like the car you are describing.
Where can i find some information about that car?
wishihada911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 04:38 AM   #6
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!
 
mazda6man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,158
after a little research, the suzuki escudo that youre thinking is nothing but an extremely modified suzuki sidekick... wierd? not really most of the hardcore race cars use modified frames that dont look quite like the original
__________________
I = JDM titeness
Toyota 4 Life;
I rock X Chassis Toyotas daily
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 03:13 PM   #7
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by R34RB30DETTV
I'm sorry but swifts are shite.. This "lad" at collage has one, its a whole 1 litre (pretty much half of my cars displacement) and is a bag of crap.. Just like it's owner.. The 1.3 GTi's are quicker and can be pretty fast but are nothing compared to a good full sized car with a good full sized engine.. Anyway, Suzuki have a prototype with 4 GSXR 1000 engines in it.. one for each wheel.. Bout 800 bhp and 600 kg.. Sound pretty good?

I disagree. I had a Swift GTi. Light, fun, agile. They make great little race cars. There are a couple in Australia doing 12s in the quarter (one of which is also AWD). It isn't the same car as a basic Swift or Geo Metro (which you guys didn't get.) Kind of like how the Ford festiva/Kia Pride can be a great race car with a little work, precisely because it's light. Sure they feel a bit tinny, but that's how you get a car that light.

And small engines in light cars have been a staple of Euorpean sports cars for many decades. Mini Cooper 1275s were very similar. But they didn't have the brakes and engine that the Swift GTi had...
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 04:35 PM   #8
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac
 
R34RB30DETTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SE England.. you?
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
I disagree. I had a Swift GTi. Light, fun, agile. They make great little race cars. There are a couple in Australia doing 12s in the quarter (one of which is also AWD). It isn't the same car as a basic Swift or Geo Metro (which you guys didn't get.) Kind of like how the Ford festiva/Kia Pride can be a great race car with a little work, precisely because it's light. Sure they feel a bit tinny, but that's how you get a car that light.

And small engines in light cars have been a staple of Euorpean sports cars for many decades. Mini Cooper 1275s were very similar. But they didn't have the brakes and engine that the Swift GTi had...
Yeah, i see your point entirely but i just prefer bigger cars to ones like the swift. I would much rather have a beetle as a light car then a swift, purely because of the statement that the swift makes about yourself. As with everything, its just my opinion, it may very well be wrong but it's just how i feel...
__________________

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 07:53 PM   #9
wishihada911
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 26
I recently read a review of a new suzuki called the verona. Its similar to the
accord or camry but it uses an inline 6. It gets like 155 hp which isn't great but anycar with an inline 6 can't be all bad.
wishihada911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 09:28 PM   #10
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishihada911
I recently read a review of a new suzuki called the verona. Its similar to the
accord or camry but it uses an inline 6. It gets like 155 hp which isn't great but anycar with an inline 6 can't be all bad.
It can be if it is made by Suzuki!
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 09:42 PM   #11
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
It can be if it is made by Suzuki!
I'll use my old saying here...."dont knock it till you've tried it"
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 09:52 PM   #12
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I'll use my old saying here...."dont knock it till you've tried it"
Ok...ok...I will admit I have never even ridden in a Suzuki, but over here they look really lame...they made the Samurai which is perhaps the most dangerous vehicle in the world...I just dont like what I here...but I will admit I shouldnt bash before I have tried them...The Escudo is very nice tho....it is very nice on GT3....
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 10:12 PM   #13
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
The Escudo is very nice tho....it is very nice on GT3....
All 350mph of when set up right , oh...a little off topic here, but on the US version of GT3 is the speedo read in mph? the european version still has to make do with kph Grrrr
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 12:06 AM   #14
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
All 350mph of when set up right , oh...a little off topic here, but on the US version of GT3 is the speedo read in mph? the european version still has to make do with kph Grrrr
MPH....350 mph??? Ru serious??? That is frieken fast!
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 12:13 AM   #15
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
MPH....350 mph??? Ru serious??? That is frieken fast!
Sorry, I lied, I just checked my records and at the moment the most I've had out of it is 474kph which translates to 296mph....still quite quick though
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.