Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2004, 10:44 PM   #31
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by R34RB30DETTV
Here we are girls and boys, two living cases of riding on a Suzuki is better than being in one.. Except i would say that mine had a considerably better ending.. Unless you like that sort of thing.. So did you get hurt?
Define hurt, I've been in two comas, been read last rights a few times and broken about half of the bones in my body at least once. My definition may be different than yours. Suffice it to say mind altering chemicals were involved, it didn't feel good but I didn't visit the hospital that night.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 12:11 AM   #32
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I strapped myself onto the top of a Samurai once. It was fun till we rolled it over. This is a true story.
That is because a Samurai is like the most dangerous vehicle next to the Pinto and Crown Victoria! Gotta love Being Built Ford Tough! Lol!

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 01:38 AM   #33
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Define hurt, I've been in two comas, been read last rights a few times and broken about half of the bones in my body at least once. My definition may be different than yours. Suffice it to say mind altering chemicals were involved, it didn't feel good but I didn't visit the hospital that night.

WOW. *stunned silence...*

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 02:27 AM   #34
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Esh! So I guess you have made your doctors rich!

Old 04-01-2004, 03:00 AM   #35
Integra_LS
CF Enthusiast

Thank god for mind altering substances !

But suzuki!

<Power to Weight>

Integra_LS - Member of the unofficial vwhobo fan
Integra_LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 11:20 AM   #36
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Thank God, we have the NHS...not that I'd attempt to ride ON...or IN for that matter...a Samurai when it rolls you understand ..as for GT3, I'd like the next 'Real Driving Simulator' to include Reverse lights on the cars and Citroen Xantias where the front wheels lock up when you push the hand brake button

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 04-01-2004 at 11:23 AM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 02:14 PM   #37
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
as for GT3, I'd like the next 'Real Driving Simulator' to include Reverse lights on the cars and Citroen Xantias where the front wheels lock up when you push the hand brake button

Yeah and there could be a clutch button and an ignition button I don't like how it makes out that turbos cancel out other engine modifications and superchargers aren't available for the cars that don't have the option of having turbos installed. I'd like the option of having more cosmetic modifications as well. Last but not least, I'd like to be able to have drag races.
snoopewite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 03:04 PM   #38
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
That is because a Samurai is like the most dangerous vehicle next to the Pinto and Crown Victoria! Gotta love Being Built Ford Tough! Lol!

I ought to start a new thread about the myth of the exploding Pinto... it's something I've put considerable study into, after having owned and raced a couple (the first one of which had been hit in the rear, and didn't explode, or even catch on fire...). The Crown Vic situation is similar.

And while the Suzuki Swift GTi may be owned by total wankers over in England, over here they tend to be considered great little autocrossers, and very few people even know they exist. They certainly aren't crap.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 08:22 PM   #39
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
I ought to start a new thread about the myth of the exploding Pinto... it's something I've put considerable study into, after having owned and raced a couple (the first one of which had been hit in the rear, and didn't explode, or even catch on fire...). The Crown Vic situation is similar.
R u sure? I mean they have been proven that they explode...I mean not everytime, but more often then most...

Old 04-01-2004, 08:41 PM   #40
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
And while the Suzuki Swift GTi may be owned by total wankers over in England, over here they tend to be considered great little autocrossers, and very few people even know they exist. They certainly aren't crap.
Yeah, wankers alright. All of them think their in a race whenever they get into the car, sadly they don't seem to know who wiv or why..

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 06:56 PM   #41
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
R u sure? I mean they have been proven that they explode...I mean not everytime, but more often then most...

Actually it's been proven quite the opposite.

The original statement and lawsuit was brought about by Mother Jones Magazine, in '78, and spearheaded by a guy named Byron Bloch. This guy is a paid "expert witness" for numerous legal entities, and is behind a lot of dubious "safety exposes" such as the GM sidesaddle tank issue in GM trucks, and the Audi Unintended Accelleration hoax. the original Pinto fire controversy started in a case where two people died when theri pinto, which was parked on teh side of the road, was rear ended by a guy in a Chevy van doing abo9ut 50-60 mph (and looking down on the floor for a cassette). While that car did burst into flame, the fact that the autopsy showed the people died on impact from the whiplash was ignored.

Long after teh hype died down, a 1992 Rutgers Law study by Gary Schwartz found that ther ewere only 27 known cases of Pintos exploding, not the thousands that Mother Jones magazine claimed. Out of 10 years of production and a couple million cars sold, the safety record appeared to be the same as other cars of it's era.

There HAS been video of a supposedly secret test that showed the Pinto exploding on impact. In fact, the video is from an older university study of what would happen in a fire caused by an impact. But, since fires of that type are extremely rare, the study used an incendiary device to blow up the Pinto when it got hit. that's normal in a study of that sort, and wouldn't be an issue, except that the people purporting it to be a secret test neglect to mention that fact.

The same people got in trouble when they did the same thing to show how GM trucks explode when hit from the side on NBC's Dateline.

I guess I should make a post about this in the Domestics section.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 10:54 PM   #42
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Actually it's been proven quite the opposite.

The original statement and lawsuit was brought about by Mother Jones Magazine, in '78, and spearheaded by a guy named Byron Bloch. This guy is a paid "expert witness" for numerous legal entities, and is behind a lot of dubious "safety exposes" such as the GM sidesaddle tank issue in GM trucks, and the Audi Unintended Accelleration hoax. the original Pinto fire controversy started in a case where two people died when theri pinto, which was parked on teh side of the road, was rear ended by a guy in a Chevy van doing abo9ut 50-60 mph (and looking down on the floor for a cassette). While that car did burst into flame, the fact that the autopsy showed the people died on impact from the whiplash was ignored.

Long after teh hype died down, a 1992 Rutgers Law study by Gary Schwartz found that ther ewere only 27 known cases of Pintos exploding, not the thousands that Mother Jones magazine claimed. Out of 10 years of production and a couple million cars sold, the safety record appeared to be the same as other cars of it's era.

There HAS been video of a supposedly secret test that showed the Pinto exploding on impact. In fact, the video is from an older university study of what would happen in a fire caused by an impact. But, since fires of that type are extremely rare, the study used an incendiary device to blow up the Pinto when it got hit. that's normal in a study of that sort, and wouldn't be an issue, except that the people purporting it to be a secret test neglect to mention that fact.

The same people got in trouble when they did the same thing to show how GM trucks explode when hit from the side on NBC's Dateline.

I guess I should make a post about this in the Domestics section.
Well you know your stuff....

Old 05-15-2004, 07:23 AM   #43
hooker18
CF Newbie

i got a swift

hey every 1 i got a swift. basic old 95 swift. the thing is quick off the line and its still all factory. i am looking for upgrades if n e of you know where to find or who to talk to.
hooker18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 09:32 AM   #44
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
Ok...ok...I will admit I have never even ridden in a Suzuki, but over here they look really lame...they made the Samurai which is perhaps the most dangerous vehicle in the world...I just dont like what I here...but I will admit I shouldnt bash before I have tried them...The Escudo is very nice tho....it is very nice on GT3....

the MK 1 ford exploder is the most dangerous legal production pasenger vehicle in the world. If you have one lieing aroung and dont mind fitting a roll cage ill show you how you can roll one at 35mph!
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 09:38 AM   #45
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
Well you know your stuff....

Well its worse in the usa becuase the fines arent high enough not implementing a factory recall. If its proven that a car company knew about a serois safty issue, anything to do with braking, fuel, steering, seatbelts you name it. and they dont do a recall becuase they think its to expencive. then they can have there licence seized and whole euro operation closed until the fine has been paid.

They are also legally bound to pay all there workers at full rate while they sort it out. pushes most of the car companies over the edge as to what to sort out. Most cars in there lifetime willhave 2 or 3 recalls as things are discovered.
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote