Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2006, 10:43 PM   #1
DJSAudi
CF Newbie

Audi TT Imports

Hi there can any one help with Audi TT imports. I am thinking of buying a TT that has been imported from Europe, a 2002 S Line, it is a Right hand drive and looks to be a UK spec version. The DVLA have it down as not imported but when checking through AA Data Check and Audi they say it is imported. What effect does this have on the value of the vehicle, maintenance and insurance?
DJSAudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 07:44 AM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSAudi
Hi there can any one help with Audi TT imports. I am thinking of buying a TT that has been imported from Europe, a 2002 S Line, it is a Right hand drive and looks to be a UK spec version. The DVLA have it down as not imported but when checking through AA Data Check and Audi they say it is imported. What effect does this have on the value of the vehicle, maintenance and insurance?
As it'll be registered as an impoert on the V5 registration document once transfer has taken place, the value will probably be affected in that it wont be worth as much as a genuine Brit model. You say it looks like it's a UK spec? Are you sure it's from Europe? or could it be Southern Irish? If it is infact Irish spec, the value wont be affected as they are usually the same as UK models.

If it's definatelly European, it would help to know what country it's originally from, too. Chances are that an Import from Europe will cost slightly more to insure, but Servicing and maintenence shouldn't be a problem as the parts are generally the same. Bear in mind that Owners manuals etc will probably be in a foreign language too, unless it's all been transfered (if it's possible) into English...Obviously if it's Irish there's no language problems....although I sometimes find them hard to understand lol.

Hope this has helped!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 11:04 PM   #3
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

I dont think you can drive right hand drive cars here legally (except for government vehicles like USPS).

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 09:04 PM   #4
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
I dont think you can drive right hand drive cars here legally (except for government vehicles like USPS).
I think he is actually in the UK, given the info from his post. That was why I thought it was an Irish spec vehicle, because of it appearing to be a UK specced version, but being registered as an import

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Old 04-07-2006, 09:50 PM   #5
Euspa
CF Newbie

Hello, the price of the insurance of the car is high because it is imports, to bring any car of Europe costs 1800 (in merchant boat).

Un coche Americano 500, un 127 no tiene precio.
Euspa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 08:46 PM   #6
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

I guess my problem was that I was considering UK to be part of Europe. So when I saw "importing from Europe" I thought he meant Europe (UK)-->US etc.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 08:27 AM   #7
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
I guess my problem was that I was considering UK to be part of Europe. So when I saw "importing from Europe" I thought he meant Europe (UK)-->US etc.
I understand lol. I think people refer to Europe as being outside of the UK, although it is actually in Europe, people tend to class France/Germany etc as Europe and just class the UK as the UK lol