Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2006, 09:23 AM   #1
MetalManiac
CF Newbie
 
MetalManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 77
Race Ya!

Have you ever been out for a drive minding your own bussiness and some person wants to race you. You could just tell that they want to race because they're looking right at you and giving slight bursts of acceleration. They try to cut all these people off but at the end they end up way behind because of stupid lane changes(they should learn how to drive and actually get in front of some cars if they want to act all hard)

I bought my car crashed from one side and it's still F@cked up(engine is in good condition tho') they see that my side is all f@cked and they still want to race

What makes it even funnier is that they have a car that looks like they put a decent amount of money on it and still can't manage to drive it like it should be.I still end up in front of them, cruising it at the speed limit

Any similar experiences?
MetalManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 10:38 PM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
I've had that happen to me before, I tend not to lower myself to their level though....And it's so funny when they get it wrong and stall lol
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 10:49 PM   #3
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Yes...me nad a frend were going to brunswick zone last night and were at a light...these 3 punks pull on on a probe (looked liek a GT), and are like lining with me...im moving forward a bit, and so are they and keeping even so i gunned it....jumped ahead and stayed there till I hit about 50 when I let off (they flew by looking at me)....LOSERS!!!
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 11:09 PM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Yes...me nad a frend were going to brunswick zone last night and were at a light...these 3 punks pull on on a probe (looked liek a GT), and are like lining with me...im moving forward a bit, and so are they and keeping even so i gunned it....jumped ahead and stayed there till I hit about 50 when I let off (they flew by looking at me)....LOSERS!!!
And because you also participated in this activity, what makes you any less of a loser than them? Remember, every time you post on this forum, you dig yourself a little deeper hole. For once think before you submit your reply.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 11:59 PM   #5
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
And because you also participated in this activity, what makes you any less of a loser than them? Remember, every time you post on this forum, you dig yourself a little deeper hole. For once think before you submit your reply.
Because they were acting tough, and i shut them out once and for all.. BTW if you think I was speeding, this was Street Road, and the limit is 45, so people generally go 50...wasnt speeding or notihng
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 12:07 AM   #6
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Because they were acting tough, and i shut them out once and for all.. BTW if you think I was speeding, this was Street Road, and the limit is 45, so people generally go 50...wasnt speeding or notihng
So erm....50 in a 45 aint speeding then?
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 12:16 AM   #7
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalManiac
Have you ever been out for a drive minding your own bussiness and some person wants to race you. You could just tell that they want to race because they're looking right at you and giving slight bursts of acceleration. They try to cut all these people off but at the end they end up way behind because of stupid lane changes(they should learn how to drive and actually get in front of some cars if they want to act all hard)

I bought my car crashed from one side and it's still F@cked up(engine is in good condition tho') they see that my side is all f@cked and they still want to race

What makes it even funnier is that they have a car that looks like they put a decent amount of money on it and still can't manage to drive it like it should be.I still end up in front of them, cruising it at the speed limit

Any similar experiences?
noooope
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 12:35 AM   #8
OombaIsBack
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Yes...me nad a frend were going to brunswick zone last night and were at a light...these 3 punks pull on on a probe (looked liek a GT), and are like lining with me...im moving forward a bit, and so are they and keeping even so i gunned it....jumped ahead and stayed there till I hit about 50 when I let off (they flew by looking at me)....LOSERS!!!

It wasn't a GT

Not that you probably even know what a GT "looks like."
OombaIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 01:01 AM   #9
nighthawk
Part Time Active User
 
nighthawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: -
Posts: 1,651
I dont even drive yet and this happens to me

really, theres this weird guy with a red saturn in my town. he has a big fat plastic spoiler and a fart cannon on it, every time he sees me looking over by him, he guns it and drives off, really weird....
__________________

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 01:01 AM   #10
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Because they were acting tough, and i shut them out once and for all.. BTW if you think I was speeding, this was Street Road, and the limit is 45, so people generally go 50...wasnt speeding or notihng
Okay, then let me restate my question to you. And because you also participated in this activity, what makes you any less of a loser than them? Do I need to restate my warning about displaying your ignorance and immaturity again as well?
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 01:03 AM   #11
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk
I dont even drive yet and this happens to me

really, theres this weird guy with a red saturn in my town. he has a big fat plastic spoiler and a fart cannon on it, every time he sees me looking over by him, he guns it and drives off, really weird....
Maybe he thinks it's really weird that every time you pull up you find the need to look over at him. Is it possible that that he reason you always need to look at him is because... You have THOSE kind of tendencies?
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 01:06 AM   #12
nighthawk
Part Time Active User
 
nighthawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: -
Posts: 1,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Maybe he thinks it's really weird that every time you pull up you find the need to look over at him. Is it possible that that he reason you always need to look at him is because... You have THOSE kind of tendencies?

im not sure what you mean on that one, but he has the loudest car around here by far and everyone looks at him. im guessing he wants attention
__________________

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 01:34 AM   #13
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by OombaIsBack
It wasn't a GT

Not that you probably even know what a GT "looks like."
GT has a spoiler and nicer wheels (alloys). I was looking from the side so I couldnt tell
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 01:34 AM   #14
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
So erm....50 in a 45 aint speeding then?
Here you can go like 10% over without a problem
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 01:35 AM   #15
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Okay, then let me restate my question to you. And because you also participated in this activity, what makes you any less of a loser than them? Do I need to restate my warning about displaying your ignorance and immaturity again as well?
Open road...bunch of punks in a car next to me just asking for it and i see them laughing pointing at my ECN vynils....kinda hard to resist embarrasing someone like that dont you tihnk
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.