Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2004, 07:27 AM   #151
CF Newbie

stupidest thing i've ever, well seen not really heard was this blue truck with some idiot kid was tailgating an old lady up a steap hill when there was around 5 cm of icey snow, and after he got to his house the old lady pulled over and yelled at him and asked him why he was tailgating, and he say, "He was to afraid to slow down" what a moron
101001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 07:36 AM   #152
comet-63
CF Newbie

funny thing I overheard

I overheard I guy I know in at the local diner talking to another guy about how,"to fix your car you have to change the serpenter belt. Just go into napa and buy a serpenter belt for your car, and you'll be all set." The guy I overheard telling the other guy to go buy a serpenter belt is a local guy that works on cars part time when he isn't driving a big-rig. He darned well ought to know that it's a serpentine belt.
comet-63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 03:17 PM   #153
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by comet-63
I overheard I guy I know in at the local diner talking to another guy about how,"to fix your car you have to change the serpenter belt. Just go into napa and buy a serpenter belt for your car, and you'll be all set." The guy I overheard telling the other guy to go buy a serpenter belt is a local guy that works on cars part time when he isn't driving a big-rig. He darned well ought to know that it's a serpentine belt.
Trucker talk maybe.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 10:11 PM   #154
Simo
CF Newbie

a kid i used to go to school once claimed that a spoiler will make your car go 20 mph faster.
I am not kidding about this one.

American Muscle
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 06:34 AM   #155
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

i just realized that i made this thread in december 2002... this has got to be by far the oldest, but still alive thread on the site... i thought that it was kind of funny that something i made so long ago souly to bump up my post count is still being used today
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 07:02 AM   #156
comet-63
CF Newbie

stupid people

Even heard someone say "I ordered a set of chrome valve covers. That'll give me an extra 10HP!" and not be kidding! That when the only response I could have was to start laughing my a** off.
comet-63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 05:30 PM   #157
Bluesuit
CF Newbie

Woman asked me the other day if I knew what the 'P' position was for on her automatic. She said she had never moved the gearstick into this position as she didn't know what it was for. She always put it into neutral when parking. She didn't know why the car kept 'rolling a bit' when parking up and thought it was faulty.
Bluesuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 08:21 PM   #158
Car Nirvana
CF Enthusiast

Well just today there was this American kid on the bus (about 16) and this mitsubishi galant estate went past and this kid said 'Oh an EVO 2'

Noble M400 = Good bye M3 CSL and 911 GT3
M400 Lap time 52.60sec
911 GT3 Lap time 54.20sec
M3 CSL Lap time 54.75sec

And just for you Cliffy.....
M400 On the road 18/20
M3 CSL On the road 12/20
Review from Autocar
Car Nirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 03:06 AM   #159
Inygknok
El del Supra

this was last night on msn with some guy that added a friend of mine to his list, he was asking how much power a z28 had in stock trim cuz he was supposedly gonna race against it. wat im gonna translate is just the final part of the conversation.

him: i have an srt-4 with 450 hp.

me: how can u not know the specs of a z28 when both cars are domestics?

him: what? the camaro is a sports car, not domestic. bye. crazy

and thats the end of the convo......... dumbass....

esaupradolomeli@hotmail.com if u wanna talk to the fool, claims to be from usa. all i know is that his some idiot that has his own car tuning shop that specializes in stangs, vettes, and rx-7's and is in some msn group (thats where i think he got my friend's email).

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 01:53 AM   #160
Lunchbox
CF Newbie

Sweet STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmyers0341
Yeah, not the badge found on the US STi, the actual Subaru badge is pink rather than blue in JDM...thanks for the luck, I'll need it. The company has postponed shipping of my car 5 times now beacuse of our stupid ass DOT laws regarding safety upgrades on imports...Don't get me wrong--safety is great, but it doesn't matter if it has front and rear crumple zones that meet DOT's approval if I am going to be rallying it!! You see why I am frustrated?

I am supposed to be able to import if it will be used for a racing application only...but beacuse of the recent demand for JDM vehicles, DOT is being very picky on approving ones for race only status. They just don't want people driving unsafe cars on the streets. I understand, but frustrating.

Have you got your STI yet? I was wondering because a guy I work with has one and he didn't have any trouble getting his. By the way the emblem on the bumper is pink, not blue.
Lunchbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 02:24 AM   #161
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchbox
I have heard that the fasted production car in the world was the Ferrari Enzo I don't know the exact specs though. But check it out.

thats it, folks.

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 02:27 AM   #162
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchbox
Have you got your STI yet? I was wondering because a guy I work with has one and he didn't have any trouble getting his. By the way the emblem on the bumper is pink, not blue.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 11:04 AM   #163
426HEMI426
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voda48
Guy once said: " I wish they made medium cold ice"

WTF?! Haha... that's pullin a Jessica Simpson right there! "I know it's tuna, but is it chicken or fish?"
426HEMI426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 04:31 PM   #164
ThirdeYe
CF Enthusiast

I was test-driving a 93 Accord 10th Anniv. Edition, and the transmission slipped badly whenever it shifted gears (in Automatic, no less) even when accelerating slowly, and when I got it back to the dealer, I mentioned that, and he said it was probably because it was cold outside :P
Old 12-21-2004, 08:56 PM   #165
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

wow, this threads over 2 years old too...

kid i know said stock ae86 corolla has 160 HP at the wheels... (they only have 120... at the crank.. 100 at the wheels.

that was funny to me....
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote