The dumbest thing someone ever told me was..."I can beat you..."

Ha.

I'm unbeatable.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 12:44 AM   #167
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Quote:
I don't complain much. And I don't insult unless I'm insulted first.

Makes me laugh every time I see it...

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 12:18 AM   #168
gageplate
CF Newbie

the dumbest i have ever heard is somebody saying "what's the dumbest thing you have ever heard."
gageplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 05:54 AM   #169
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

not quite a car quote, but, this blonde was painting at a zoo (Ask if you want details) and she turned to me and asked, "what two colors do you mix to make red"

But, the dumbest car thing said would be;
"How could you drown in a car? Why didn't they just just roll the windows up?"
Old 12-26-2004, 12:37 AM   #170
Juhosaphat
CF Newbie

It wasn't really something he said, it was what he did and said. Here it is:

My brother, who knows nothing about cars, was working on his car, trying to replace the started. On an 86' Cutlass, its not a hard task at all. Yes, it's the same car that I have now. He blew the engine, I replaced it, now it's mine. Totally different story, so back to the current one.

Anyway, he was working on it, trying to get his starter out. Everybody else at the house at the time was inside talking. We here the backdoor open, and here comes my brother holding what he thinks is the starter. He looks quite disgruntled though, as he tips the object upside down and exlaims, "My starters full of oil!", dumping oil all over the kitchen floor. In my history of working on cars, I've never seen an orange starter, but apparently, he's either color blind, or thought that the car was cool, so it would have a cool looking starter.

He had gone out to get his starter, and came back with his oil filter. Ever since, the car is in my possession, and he brings all his car needs to me, or a proffesional shop. He's not exactly smart...

1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme = 231 cu.in. Buick V-6 Stock hp: 110 Current hp: 120-130 Est e.t.: 17-18

1993 BMW 325 is = 200ish straight 6 Stock hp: 189 Current hp: 230-240 Est e.t.: 12-13

Looking for hp gains on both, aftermarket body parts for the BMW. Hit me up if you got anything and maybe we can work something out.
Juhosaphat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 02:41 AM   #171
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

I have a friend who says stuff about cars all the time that he just makes up. Its not about knowledge of cars, he does it with everything. I think it stems from some lack of confidence.

Anyway:

A few years ago his parents got a new accord sedan.

Me: Nice, is it a 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder?

him: its a v4

me: (since he's my buddy i didnt try to make a complete fool of him) you must mean an inline 4, theres no such thing as a v4, not that i know of.

him: oh, right, same thing.

me: too bad you didnt get the v6

him: the 4 cylinder actually puts out more power.

he also has told me numerous times that his dad's 1.8t passat has 250 hp. actually the number fluctuates. sometimes its 210, sometimes its 240 etc.

good advice: to be a good liar you must have a good memory.
Old 12-26-2004, 04:38 AM   #172
b_DuB13
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
I have a friend who says stuff about cars all the time that he just makes up. Its not about knowledge of cars, he does it with everything. I think it stems from some lack of confidence.

Anyway:

A few years ago his parents got a new accord sedan.

Me: Nice, is it a 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder?

him: its a v4

me: (since he's my buddy i didnt try to make a complete fool of him) you must mean an inline 4, theres no such thing as a v4, not that i know of.

him: oh, right, same thing.

me: too bad you didnt get the v6

him: the 4 cylinder actually puts out more power.

LOL I've heard of the infamous "v4" also.

I got served the other day real nice, though. Some girl was talking about how her dads truck had a "v5" which me being a little asian tuner geek thought was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard.
And then...
Upon further research....she pwnd me
(Her dad has a ****ing chevy colorodo. With a ****ing 5 cylinder.)

PROJECT CAR:
1982 datsun 280zx
121,000 ish miles.
non turbo (for now)
3 speed auto (for now)
silver, black detail.
(pics soon)
b_DuB13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 07:02 AM   #173
99hatch
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_DuB13

I got served the other day real nice, though. Some girl was talking about how her dads truck had a "v5" which me being a little asian tuner geek thought was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard.
And then...
toasted nicely toasted

Last edited by 99hatch : 12-26-2004 at 07:07 AM.
99hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 07:33 AM   #174
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_DuB13

And then...

Haha, that's great. Not that you owned yourself, but that Gm made a 5-cylinder so now we can all be confused about every and all ****ing thing that has to do with cars.

(sorry, I'm a little wired from the damn bullshit that's been happening to me all ****ing year long and I'm just now reflecting on it)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 11:26 AM   #175
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Is it actually a V5? I thought it was an I5....i guess i just assumed.
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 05:39 AM   #176
abless
CF Anti-Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
Is it actually a V5? I thought it was an I5....i guess i just assumed.

It is an inline 5.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:58 PM   #177
Bullet Ride
CF Newbie

some guy at my school had a 93 honda civic with nothing done to it but a fart cannon and ground effects

i own a 1987 Mustang 5.0 litre with headers, full catback exhaust, cam, K&N air filter and a bunch of cheap bolt ons, he wanted to race his 92 hp honda against me...

i was driving around one night with a bunch of people from school (he was there) i was gonna race him just for fun off a light or something, during the drive around he ended up racing my friends father's 1995 v6 camaro, its a 3.4 litre engine with something like 170 hp.

he ended up racing and lost by at least 4 car lengths in about under a 10 second race....needless to say we never raced

he then realized his car was slow, ended up trading it for a honda crx that already has a cam, headers hollowed out cat, some bolt ons and the all mighty fart cannon, he says he has somewhere around 200 hp and told me he will smoke any v8 around

he got that car just before winter and only drove it for about 2 weeks

he keeps telling me he gets all this stuff done to his car and he wants to race me in the summer, im just going to put him in his place and make him realize his car sucks

but he does plan on getting a turbo before the summer and turbod hondas can suprise you

but about the turbo charger, this is really the stupid thing he says

we were eating at wendy's during a school lunch and he brings up his car he says hes getting a t34 turbo and doesnt know what psi to run it, he says he wants to run it at 13 but probably will at 4 so it will be easier on his car...

i told him to run it at higher psi because its really cool to hear the blow off valve...he says "do you need that for a turbo charger?"
Bullet Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 08:37 AM   #178
sherman_72
CF Newbie

there is this guy in my town wiht a honda civic and he thinks he's pimp he has the words honda down teh die and the dealership pasy him for taht or something...anyway he were flippin him off so he followed us around for like a hour(8 16 year old kids) and this guys is like 23(he ahs nothing better to do) so finaly he got us a t a light and he was like you guys better watch ur fingers or i'll knock the shit out of you...so we told him he was a ricer bitch and to get out of our face before we all had to get out(were not small guys all around 6'2) so he told us to **** off then reved up his honda(sounded like a weed wacker) then peeled off...wow you know your big pimpin when u have a 4 inch muffler tip that makes you sound badass whne realy you just like ot take it in the ass
sherman_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 02:11 PM   #179
Tyko
CF Newbie

I used to hang with this guy with a Mazda MX3. he use to go to Rankin Road, Westimer, any good racing hang outs & talk shit, then when some1 wated to race he'd back down, I swear I saved this idiot from about 5 fights from some big dudes or multiple guys with occasional bats, knives & other weapons. Lets just put it this way, I drove it a couple times & you can floor it & it soubds like your hitting 80mph, but the damn thing is going 20 lol. It climbs so slow & the max must be around 90? never tested the max. He had only looks, I get my damn engine done up 1st so when people see my raggidy ride they think crap, but a hood can hide a lot He never thought about speed, like his huge spoiler on the back of a fwd car, or his welded stright pipe for the sound, lol. & again I USE to hang with this guy when I was in high school.

Last edited by Tyko : 01-09-2005 at 11:25 PM.
Tyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 08:21 AM   #180
Wally
I Know More Than You

I see and hear so many dumb things about cars everyday, so I tend not to remember much beyond a week with such matters, but two posts on different boards on the weekend had me thinking there are some pretty poor cases out there:

1) On a Ford site and a member who likes to talk the talk, telling a newbie how to stroke a motor by simply installing longer (interference) conrods.

2) On a Jap car site and a member explaining how his PCV was playing up resulting in overheating because the increased crankcase pressure was forcing the water out of the radiator cap overflow.

Invariably the best nonsense is posted by boyracers on the REX, Toyota and Datsun sites, where they get 5 seconds knocked off the quarter simply by installing useless pod filters and BOVs.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote