Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2005, 11:08 AM   #181
joesway420
CF Newbie

Thumbs up Fasttttttttttttttttt

My 1967 chevelle is a fast car oh yea it has rear wheel drive SIT DOWN SHUTUP AND HOLD ON ( you can clean out your drawers when we get to the end of this 1/4 mile trip
joesway420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 02:08 PM   #182
talongod33
CF Newbie

i had a kid in school tell me a built 350 truck engine put into a 6 ton dump truck would beat my friends s-10 that has a 327 into!
Old 01-13-2005, 03:10 PM   #183
Oomba
Banned

Some kid at my school and I were talking about turbos and he starts talking about dry shot and wet shot. I hate retards.
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 07:10 AM   #184
choke
CF Newbie

these two idiots i know asked to see the engine in my dad's 80 something vanagon. they searched for 20 min then concluded that, "it must run off solar! where are the panels though?" (vangon engines are in the rear under the rear space area under and behind the rear seats.)
Old 03-03-2005, 04:27 PM   #185
Inygknok
El del Supra

probably one of the dumbest things ive ever heard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEcarexpert
i was born....

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 09:02 AM   #186
Who?
Banned

Had a mate tell me of a woman who tried to buy a longer dip stick for her engine from the spare parts department where he worked because the one she had didn't reach the oil.
Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 09:48 AM   #187
88GrandPrixSE
CF Freak

"I need new anti-freeze, it's pink"
Old 03-05-2005, 10:24 PM   #188
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88GrandPrixSE
"I need new anti-freeze, it's pink"

You know, some people come here attmepting to post "stupid" comments whilst only making an ass of themselves. Not to call you out but maybe you did'nt know that antifreeze is'nt only for car engines, and it does'nt only come in green. I've seen a variety of orange, purple, and pink.

Ever heard of GM Dex-Cool? The fluid is pink...

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 10:59 PM   #189
88GrandPrixSE
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
You know, some people come here attmepting to post "stupid" comments whilst only making an ass of themselves. Not to call you out but maybe you did'nt know that antifreeze is'nt only for car engines, and it does'nt only come in green. I've seen a variety of orange, purple, and pink.

Ever heard of GM Dex-Cool? The fluid is pink...

Read the topic then re-think your statement. I work around cars all day, I've seen blue, pink, orange, yellow, green, purple.. blah blah blah.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:09 PM   #190
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Read the topic then re-think your statement. I work around cars all day, I've seen blue, pink, orange, yellow, green, purple.. blah blah blah.

Oh so a person walking into pepboys saying I need new pink antifreeze is dumb to you huh? I suppose if I walked onto a Mitsubishi dealership and asked to see the new EVO MR's that would be dumb to you also? Or how about if I went to the McDonalds drive through and said "Can I get a number one with a coke"? Would that be dumb to you also?

Right... seems to me that every statment up there is in place right where it should be. The only thing thats out of whack is your inept ability to cover up for the fact that you did'nt know pink engine coolant existed. Also in case you did'nt know the topic of this discussion is "What the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone else say". If you think somone asking for pink engine coolant is dumb, you're only fooling yourself.....

Spare me the games of "Oh duh, read the statment and re-think I did'nt really mean it was dumb to ask for pink anitfreeze". Well I don't care what you "meant" thats what you said. You were wrong and misinformed, but now you are'nt. So are you going to man-up to your mistake or keep attempting to lie about it?

Old 03-05-2005, 11:37 PM   #191
88GrandPrixSE
CF Freak

Quote:
Oh so a person walking into pepboys saying I need new pink antifreeze is dumb to you huh? I suppose if I walked onto a Mitsubishi dealership and asked to see the new EVO MR's that would be dumb to you also? Or how about if I went to the McDonalds drive through and said "Can I get a number one with a coke"? Would that be dumb to you also?

Right... seems to me that every statment up there is in place right where it should be. The only thing thats out of whack is your inept ability to cover up for the fact that you did'nt know pink engine coolant existed. Also in case you did'nt know the topic of this discussion is "What the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone else say". If you think somone asking for pink engine coolant is dumb, you're only fooling yourself.....

Spare me the games of "Oh duh, read the statment and re-think I did'nt really mean it was dumb to ask for pink anitfreeze". Well I don't care what you "meant" thats what you said. You were wrong and misinformed, but now you are'nt. So are you going to man-up to your mistake or keep attempting to lie about it?

What the hell is your problem? Man jammed it too far up your rump last night? Giving me a 3 paragraph speech about a 5 word sentence, haha you're sad.

Notice how I put it in quotes, meaning, I didn't say it. You're just trying to make yourself sound like you have more knowledge about vehicles than I, well, you may, you may not, but, that's just a retarded thing to say to someone who's worked on them their whole life. Hell my mothers vehicle has yellow coolant. I dumped the green out of my car and dropped the orange stuff in it. So don't try and flatter yourself.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:51 PM   #192
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
What the hell is your problem? Man jammed it too far up your rump last night? Giving me a 3 paragraph speech about a 5 word sentence, haha you're sad.

Notice how I put it in quotes, meaning, I didn't say it. You're just trying to make yourself sound like you have more knowledge about vehicles than I, well, you may, you may not, but, that's just a retarded thing to say to someone who's worked on them their whole life. Hell my mothers vehicle has yellow coolant. I dumped the green out of my car and dropped the orange stuff in it. So don't try and flatter yourself.

You're so lost and you don't even know it. Its obviously not you that said the original statement. However you are posting it in a thread for "dumb phrases" implying that you beleive it is dumb. Unfortunatley for you, it is not. It is perfectly normal for somone to request pink engine coolant. So if the phrase is'nt the dumb one, that can only leave one other and we allready know who that is...

I have'nt once said anything about me working on cars or knowing anything more about them than you do. Thats your job Mr. "I've worked arround cars my whole life". Obviously I'm aware of the fact that pink engine coolant exists so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I know I have that one over you. Again you can attempt to beat arround the bush with your games. "Blah blah, I changed my mothers engine coolant" I don't care what your mothers engine coolant looks like, thats not the point at hand.

You did'nt know pink antifreeze existed, plain and simple. Stop being such a baby about it......

Old 03-06-2005, 12:16 AM   #193
comet-63
CF Newbie

dumbest thing I ever heard

Quote:
You're so lost and you don't even know it. Its obviously not you that said the original statement. However you are posting it in a thread for "dumb phrases" implying that you beleive it is dumb. Unfortunatley for you, it is not. It is perfectly normal for somone to request pink engine coolant. So if the phrase is'nt the dumb one, that can only leave one other and we allready know who that is...

I have'nt once said anything about me working on cars or knowing anything more about them than you do. Thats your job Mr. "I've worked arround cars my whole life". Obviously I'm aware of the fact that pink engine coolant exists so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I know I have that one over you. Again you can attempt to beat arround the bush with your games. "Blah blah, I changed my mothers engine coolant" I don't care what your mothers engine coolant looks like, thats not the point at hand.

You did'nt know pink antifreeze existed, plain and simple. Stop being such a baby about it......

I don't know why you are so cranked up. If someone came to me and said they needed a cooling system flush because they think their antifreeze has gone bad because it has turned pink, I would have a hard time to keep my composure before explaining to them that their antifreeze should be pink. I believe that is what the original quote posted by 88grandprixse was aimed at.

Personally to pull a 180 degree turn, I think one of the best movie lines about a car I have heard has been, "Dude, open the door, I don't want to get daewoo on my hands!"
comet-63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 12:56 AM   #194
srober32
CF Addict

Stupiest thing I ever heard...
"My Dad's truck was overheating...cat was red hot...removed the cat and the truck stopped overheating. Something about exhaust bing pushed back into the motor." Sheesh, some people shouldn't breed.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:22 AM   #195
88GrandPrixSE
CF Freak

[quote=comet-63]I don't know why you are so cranked up. If someone came to me and said they needed a cooling system flush because they think their antifreeze has gone bad because it has turned pink, I would have a hard time to keep my composure before explaining to them that their antifreeze should be pink. I believe that is what the original quote posted by 88grandprixse was aimed at.[quote]

Exactly. He just trys to be-little people, he'll learn.