Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2004, 04:23 PM   #61
WannabeWrxOwner
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Okay, I'll play your silly game, why do you think they're called suicide doors?

Well Mr. VWHobo, I don't know for sure, but I have heard,
That back when they were just coming out, people would travel down the highway/freeway at high speeds, open the door, and jump out, the door would knock them to the ground killing them.

That's just what I've heard.
WannabeWrxOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 12:39 AM   #62
joey
CF Newbie

This guy i know argued with me saying that "The only reason there is Horsepower is for the AC to work.
joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 04:24 AM   #63
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeWrxOwner
Well Mr. VWHobo, I don't know for sure, but I have heard,
That back when they were just coming out, people would travel down the highway/freeway at high speeds, open the door, and jump out, the door would knock them to the ground killing them.

That's just what I've heard.

i always figured they were called suicide doors, because if you were on the side of the road, and someone hit your side, that doors slamming on you
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 04:38 AM   #64
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6man
i always figured they were called suicide doors, because if you were on the side of the road, and someone hit your side, that doors slamming on you

Maybe I have been awake to long and have been trying to hard to write this paper due tomorrow, but I didnt understand what you just posted

Need sleep!!!!!!!
Voda48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 07:06 AM   #65
jmyers0341
CF Enthusiast

The stupidest thing I have ever heard is as follows:

Scenario: Palmdale Drags at LACR in Nov '03. Dipshit with a V6 Mustang equipped with an automatic, some neon, chromed dubs, gawdy body kit, stickers...and a GTR logo from a Skyline on the back...the following conversation ensued:

Me and my buddies had a video cam with us, so we started video taping the whole thing, acting all amazed at this 'cool ass mustang...'

Me: Dude, is this one of those new special edition 'stangs?

Dipshit:Yeah, it's got the twin turbo V8 under the hood, AWD, and around 900 horses...

Friend of mine: OHH, it's the GTR Mustang, like the one from 2Fast 2Furious!! This thing is awesome!! I didn't know they had them in the US yet!!

Dipshit: Yeah, this thing is badass--my buddy owns a dealership so I was able to get this thing special order. It'll kill any car out there.

Me: Thats awesome, man. What do you post in the 1/4? Are you running this weekend?

Dipshit: No, my turbo's are acting up right now, but I normally run 8's on a normal day. I left all my timeslips at home, though.

Friend of mine: 8's man? Thats pretty fast...Do you think we could check out the engine? Get some pics to take home and show our friends?

Dipshit: Naw, it's not all shined up right now. I would, but I don't like showing people my setup.

We continued to mock him for a few more minutes--we got as much of it on tape as we could. This guy just kept spewing funny shit--it was unbelievable that he could think this stuff up! Anyway, we eventually told him that he was full of shit and that he was an idiot--at one point my buddy offered him 50k for the car if he could just look under the hood...of course he refused "this car is worth much more than that, dude"--haha.

It was even funnier because all this time he had the stock V6 single exhaust hiding under his cool aftermarket bumper...
Old 04-14-2004, 07:35 AM   #66
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmyers0341

Scenario: Palmdale Drags at LACR in Nov '03. Dipshit with a V6 Mustang equipped with an automatic, some neon, chromed dubs, gawdy body kit, stickers...and a GTR logo from a Skyline on the back...the following conversation ensued:

Me and my buddies had a video cam with us, so we started video taping the whole thing, acting all amazed at this 'cool ass mustang...'

Me: Dude, is this one of those new special edition 'stangs?

Dipshit:Yeah, it's got the twin turbo V8 under the hood, AWD, and around 900 horses...

Friend of mine: OHH, it's the GTR Mustang, like the one from 2Fast 2Furious!! This thing is awesome!! I didn't know they had them in the US yet!!

Dipshit: Yeah, this thing is badass--my buddy owns a dealership so I was able to get this thing special order. It'll kill any car out there.

Me: Thats awesome, man. What do you post in the 1/4? Are you running this weekend?

Dipshit: No, my turbo's are acting up right now, but I normally run 8's on a normal day. I left all my timeslips at home, though.

Friend of mine: 8's man? Thats pretty fast...Do you think we could check out the engine? Get some pics to take home and show our friends?

Dipshit: Naw, it's not all shined up right now. I would, but I don't like showing people my setup.

We continued to mock him for a few more minutes--we got as much of it on tape as we could. This guy just kept spewing funny shit--it was unbelievable that he could think this stuff up! Anyway, we eventually told him that he was full of shit and that he was an idiot--at one point my buddy offered him 50k for the car if he could just look under the hood...of course he refused "this car is worth much more than that, dude"--haha.

It was even funnier because all this time he had the stock V6 single exhaust hiding under his cool aftermarket bumper...
It is sad if people like this really exist. We should do them a favor and put them out of their misery. Yes it is 1:35 am and I am still crackin at this paper. Damn school!
Old 04-14-2004, 07:38 AM   #67
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:

By the way is that your Impreza?? Is it the WRX? I dont see STI on the front. I would lve to drive one of those, cept I dont think I could get my 6'6" frame in one of those.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:47 AM   #68
jmyers0341
CF Enthusiast

It SHOULD be mine...I am having trouble importing it. If it doesn't work soon, I am just going to have to get a domestic version Subie...The car is an STi, you can tell by the logo on the front grille--it's the pinkish one as ooposed to the normal blue JDM badge...unless they just changed the badge...I've been had!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voda48
By the way is that your Impreza?? Is it the WRX? I dont see STI on the front. I would lve to drive one of those, cept I dont think I could get my 6'6" frame in one of those.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:56 AM   #69
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
It SHOULD be mine...I am having trouble importing it. If it doesn't work soon, I am just going to have to get a domestic version Subie...The car is an STi, you can tell by the logo on the front grille--it's the pinkish one as ooposed to the normal blue JDM badge...unless they just changed the badge...I've been had!!
I was looking at the front bumper for the STI badge but did not see it. There is a guy who drives one around where I live. It is a sweet ride! Good luck getting it man
Old 04-14-2004, 08:01 AM   #70
jmyers0341
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voda48
I was looking at the front bumper for the STI badge but did not see it. There is a guy who drives one around where I live. It is a sweet ride! Good luck getting it man

Yeah, not the badge found on the US STi, the actual Subaru badge is pink rather than blue in JDM...thanks for the luck, I'll need it. The company has postponed shipping of my car 5 times now beacuse of our stupid ass DOT laws regarding safety upgrades on imports...Don't get me wrong--safety is great, but it doesn't matter if it has front and rear crumple zones that meet DOT's approval if I am going to be rallying it!! You see why I am frustrated?

I am supposed to be able to import if it will be used for a racing application only...but beacuse of the recent demand for JDM vehicles, DOT is being very picky on approving ones for race only status. They just don't want people driving unsafe cars on the streets. I understand, but frustrating.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:25 AM   #71
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownage-car
My frend az got a civic with 1500bph!!11!
Dis IS tha truth!!!1
He bort it for 500$ changd the exorst an put nos in all 4
weels. its so fast that he needs a speshal lisense to driv it.
he raysd a viper 1000tt yesterday and the viper got OWNED.
it duz kwarter miles in 7 secons and duz 260mph wen geerd gud.
my frend sez he is gona get 6 turbows on it
tomorow....,,.so i h8 to think wha kinda crazi powa it will be pullin.

No domastic can beet it. its 2 fast!!!11!!

tha body kit is speshul as well. it got a maffis spoyler so
it dont take offf tha floor!!1

A special thank you goes out to ownage-car for his contribution.
I can finally add one in answer to the thread question.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:02 AM   #72
DaveyDave
CF Newbie

i knew somone that once they watched fast and the furious 1 they thought they knew everything. One of the things included was what a turbo was. His explanation for one was it is a large box in the engine compartment thats like a coil and when u drive the car it winds up like a little toy car would and when u press a button it realeases the coil and you go much faster, im getting sick of people like this. Or this guy said that his stock 83 civic ghettoized could beat my 67 RS camasro, somtimes i just wanna lynch them all
DaveyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 01:03 PM   #73
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
A special thank you goes out to ownage-car for his contribution.
I can finally add one in answer to the thread question.

OK there is no way that people can be actualy this stupid. This guy had to be pulling someones leg here...................right?????
Old 04-14-2004, 01:27 PM   #74
Rhendrix
CF Newbie

Quote:
OK there is no way that people can be actualy this stupid. This guy had to be pulling someones leg here...................right?????

i wouldnt count on it... he had prolly half convinced himself as well, but from this he seems thick enough to believe himself.. does that make sense?
Old 04-14-2004, 02:24 PM   #75
DodgeRida67
Banned

vwhobo telling his knowledge (or lack there of) about spark plugs:

Quote:
the spark is not there to cause heat.

Maybe it slipped and he was scratchin his ass but damn, that's a pretty dumbass statement.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote