FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2004, 02:34 PM   #76
jmyers0341
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
vwhobo telling his knowledge (or lack there of) about spark plugs:

the spark is not there to cause heat.

Maybe it slipped and he was scratchin his ass but damn, that's a pretty dumbass statement.

I'm not sure that this quote was used in the right context...maybe something left out? Everything he has posted in the past seems to be on the money. And for the record, the spark does not provide heat, it provides an electrical charge that combusts the air/fuel which then causes heat from the combustion...so in fact he is right and you should not be so quick to try and flame people.

I'm thinking that glow plugs in a diesel provide heat, to get the engine going on cold starts--after that just compression and heat do the rest...am I way off on this?
Old 04-14-2004, 02:38 PM   #77
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
And for the record, the spark does not provide heat, it provides an electrical charge that combusts the air/fuel which then causes heat from the combustion

Come on now, you have to be joking.

The heat from the spark ignites the fuel.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 03:58 PM   #78
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Anything posted in this forum by DodgeRida67 is at or near the top of the list.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 04:09 PM   #79
GOJ7
CF Newbie

some kids just like to talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6man
im talkin about a person who acts like the know a whole lot about cars but really know jack diddly squat............... haha jackdidly squat, havent used that in a good while
all my friends that i like to talk to about cars always say the most stupid things becaue they dont know about cras at all. for example my friend was arguing with me the other day that a Nissan Z car can beat a Mercedes CL55 AMG.. i have to go to class i will check this later

(thats pretty dumb)
GOJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 04:10 PM   #80
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmyers0341
I'm not sure that this quote was used in the right context...maybe something left out? Everything he has posted in the past seems to be on the money. And for the record, the spark does not provide heat, it provides an electrical charge that combusts the air/fuel which then causes heat from the combustion...so in fact he is right and you should not be so quick to try and flame people.

I'm thinking that glow plugs in a diesel provide heat, to get the engine going on cold starts--after that just compression and heat do the rest...am I way off on this?

I 100% agree with you on that one. The heat is merely a biproduct.
Voda48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 01:14 AM   #81
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Glow plugs heat, spark plugs themselves ignite ...So, DodgeRida...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
Come on now, you have to be joking.

The heat from the spark ignites the fuel.

That statement is wrong, as I'm sure most people here know

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 04-16-2004 at 01:16 AM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 04:25 AM   #82
chevyluv
CF Newbie

i think a got a coolant leak in my 78 vw bug
chevyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 04:39 AM   #83
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyluv
i think a got a coolant leak in my 78 vw bug
LOL...I have a story about somrthing similar to that. When I used to work at the garage, a man phones up and asks one of the apprentices how much it would cost to supply and fit a Radiator on an old 60's Beetle. The apprentice took ages on the PC looking for a price....

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 05:22 AM   #84
Enan
CF Newbie

I used to have a 72 VW Super Beetle, I had it in the shop getting brake work done. I called to see if it my VW was ready. The guy says I have a coolant leak and I'll have to get it fixed soon. I started Laughing and said I'll just fix it with Duct tape. He says "you can't do that your going to need new hoses". That's when I said I had the Beetle. He just lost it and started laughing too.

And I am getting sick of people telling me that I have a nice Ford Probe...especially since it's a Nissan 240 SX.
Enan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 06:00 AM   #85
EN_Peters
CF Newbie

One of my friends was talking about one of our school vans, and said it had a "powerful, four cylinder V8"....enough said.
EN_Peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 04:22 PM   #86
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EN_Peters
One of my friends was talking about one of our school vans, and said it had a "powerful, four cylinder V8"....enough said.
ya that is quite the 4 banger (x2)

Hey where in Wisconsin are you from??
Old 05-19-2004, 03:35 AM   #87
vette2004
CF Newbie

i was talking to this kid and he was showing me some pictures of his 98 grand am gt V6 and he showed me this picture of his RAM air and was like yeah i like how my oil pan says RAM on it. ill stop there i dont think i have to tell you how smart that was !!
vette2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 11:11 PM   #88
Wonderbread7608
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmyers0341
The stupidest thing I have ever heard is as follows:

Scenario: Palmdale Drags at LACR in Nov '03. Dipshit with a V6 Mustang equipped with an automatic, some neon, chromed dubs, gawdy body kit, stickers...and a GTR logo from a Skyline on the back...the following conversation ensued:

Me and my buddies had a video cam with us, so we started video taping the whole thing, acting all amazed at this 'cool ass mustang...'

Me: Dude, is this one of those new special edition 'stangs?

Dipshit:Yeah, it's got the twin turbo V8 under the hood, AWD, and around 900 horses...

Friend of mine: OHH, it's the GTR Mustang, like the one from 2Fast 2Furious!! This thing is awesome!! I didn't know they had them in the US yet!!

Dipshit: Yeah, this thing is badass--my buddy owns a dealership so I was able to get this thing special order. It'll kill any car out there.

Me: Thats awesome, man. What do you post in the 1/4? Are you running this weekend?

Dipshit: No, my turbo's are acting up right now, but I normally run 8's on a normal day. I left all my timeslips at home, though.

Friend of mine: 8's man? Thats pretty fast...Do you think we could check out the engine? Get some pics to take home and show our friends?

Dipshit: Naw, it's not all shined up right now. I would, but I don't like showing people my setup.

We continued to mock him for a few more minutes--we got as much of it on tape as we could. This guy just kept spewing funny shit--it was unbelievable that he could think this stuff up! Anyway, we eventually told him that he was full of shit and that he was an idiot--at one point my buddy offered him 50k for the car if he could just look under the hood...of course he refused "this car is worth much more than that, dude"--haha.

It was even funnier because all this time he had the stock V6 single exhaust hiding under his cool aftermarket bumper...

umm... in mischeif 3000 (i think, that or mischeif invasion) they did that. the same GTR badging.

The guy was just agreeing with everything. he had a turbo rotary with pistons, turbos and headerS. cracked me up. I showed my mom, and she didn't get it.

some kid in my auto shop: my car (96 i think accord. small mods) could beat any crotch rocket.

my auto teacher to me: get me a spark plug and a fuel injector from that truck over there. (there is only 1 truck around, a diesel)
Wonderbread7608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 04:10 AM   #89
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6man
im talkin about a person who acts like the know a whole lot about cars but really know jack diddly squat............... haha jackdidly squat, havent used that in a good while

Probably this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
My vote would be a 1g AWD DSM.

Response by What
:
1g's are now beater cars. No one wants them....let them go
:

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 04:35 AM   #90
Inygknok
El del Supra

oh God... lmao... the dumbest thing ive heard someone say.... ffs, im sorrounded by idiots!!!

ok, first one, its that guy from that other thread that i told u people about. the one from Pep Boys when i was trying to buy some spark plugs for my car (the Supra), and the guy kept saying that it used 4 spark plugs cuz it was a Toyota, and since he had gone to college he knew about this.

second, ahhh my wonderfull friend Jay..... its actually about his mechanic (the old one he used to go to). even though his head gasket was failing and the car was.... just running like complete utter crap, his mechanic kept saying, "damn, this car runs so nice, runs so much better than stock.". the car only managed a 17.2s at the 1/4 at BEST in those conditions.... Jay would never even let me comment about it.

third, ok this one was Jay himself. this is actually something that he says to anyone that is about to buy a japanese car, and he does it all the time. you tell him wat u will buy and he will answer with, "really? alright japanese muscle!! now u can go drifting with me and the gang!!! u should watch Initial D if u want to learn some drifting techniques!". as far as the gang thing he talks about, its something that i had come up with while playing Halo for the x-box and that Weeeeeeee Squirrel video while we drove the Warthog, and he out of nowhere just..... well, he thought we were a "team".

third thing part 2, Jay. if u instead go for a non-japanese car, he will immediatly say, "no man, if you buy that then u cant drift with us".

fourth, guess who again? this happened just a few days ago. he was talking to a friend of ours about the NSX. they were talking about how come it cost so much money even though it was so underpowered. Jay goes ahead and says, "oh, its because its built by hand and its a luxury and sporty car". my friend just stared at him and said, "first of all, NSX's arent luxury, and Bentley's are hand built as well and they still cost atleast twice as much and have alot more power". then Jay came up with the idea that its cuz the NSX has an MR set up, and cuz it had luxury in it (im still waiting for him to tell me where is this so called luxury he came up with), and some other stupid crap. yes people, he lives in a world where NSX's have the combined powers of Bentleys, Diablos, Audis, and Hummers all at once.

and the last thing im gonna say for tonight, which is my favorite one of all, by my favorite friend of all (yes, him). he plays in a christian punk band right? no offence, but i always have to laugh my ass off every time he says, "dude, i am going to buy my dad a benz when i get older cuz my band is going to be a millionaire cuz we play so good!". hehehe, hes so gullible.

oh, one more thing about him. recently, his lead singer got punished for a very long time, so jay had nuthin to do. some other band that had gotten quite popular was looking for a new drummer, and they got told to ask about Jay. they heard him play and let him into the band. funny part is wat he told us about how things went. this is a straight quote from the log:

MaD DrUmS C.O.F. (PrElUdE RiDE: around 2 weeks ago i
recieved a phone call from danny saying that double S
needed a drummer (a petition that i had prayed for, to
not let my talent to waste)and so i went to the practice
,they told me about the offer and that they were diying
for me to join them, so it felt great cause it was
something i had let in gods hands and he we prevailed
bythwaywould you like to come to one of our concerts

someone notice a bit of too much ego? i keep telling him that if he is as good as he claims, his "talents wouldnt go to waste", cuz if ur good at something, then u would never forget it. first time i ever heard about someone dying to have him somewhere besides in his own grave.....

thats it for the rest of the night anyhow.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote