Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-21-2004, 05:11 AM   #91
Voda48
CF Lance Fan
 
Voda48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,278
^^^^^^^
Someone had a lot of time to kill tonight
__________________
Here's my Website: Voda's Webpage It is in dire need of updating.
Voda48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 05:29 AM   #92
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
I recently had somone argue with me that I did'nt own a 92 Eclipse, because they started production in 95 . This went on for about 15 minutes of autoshop class until I got so pissed I pulled the car in the garage. He then insisted that my car was imported from Japan because Eclipses were only made in America starting in 95, so it had to be a JDM import.
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 03:28 PM   #93
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
I recently had somone argue with me that I did'nt own a 92 Eclipse, because they started production in 95 . This went on for about 15 minutes of autoshop class until I got so pissed I pulled the car in the garage. He then insisted that my car was imported from Japan because Eclipses were only made in America starting in 95, so it had to be a JDM import.

I'm surprised you missed the thread when What said " 1g DSM's are now beater cars ".
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 03:35 PM   #94
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
I'm surprised you missed the thread when What said " 1g DSM's are now beater cars ".

No, I caught it. I just think that a alot of anything either of you twos say belong in this thread so its did'nt really appeal to me. Also for the fact that alot of 1g's are beater cars. Just ask Voda48 he owns one..., and guess what? Its for beating.
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 03:58 PM   #95
Diomedes
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 66
*Attaching hub-caps to my car*
Me: Dude, that's not how they go.
Friend: No, shutup, I'm in autoshop, the ring goes on the outside so it pushes the clips in
Me: How will the clips hook anything if they're pushed in, they need to be pushed out
Friend: Just watch, *Tries to attach hubcap and it falls right off*
Me: Are they supposed to be that loose? *Sarcasm*
Friend: Yeah, because the tire keeps them from getting hit too much *Seriousness*
Me: Dude, the ring goes on the inside, trust me.
Friend: Whatever man... *tries it on the inside, and the hub clips firmly into place*
Me: *Laughing my ass off*
Friend: Dude, shut the hell up, my auto teacher is a moron then...
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 03:59 PM   #96
DTMach1
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Virginia Beach VA
Posts: 9
just last week I was cruisin' along and down shifted to 2nd in preperation to stop for a light. I had a female passenger...she gave me this gem:

"Oh my god what's wrong with your car?"
me: "ummmm nothing, I down shifted, see that red light?"
"i know but it sounds like it's breaking!!!"
me: "what? what sounds like it's breaking?"
"that sound!! what the heck is it? It keeps crackling?"
me: "that's my exhaust, there's nothing wrong, it's SUPPOSED to sound like that!"


just imagine her voice in a very loud whiney high pitched tone...hahaaa very funy
__________________
2004 DSG Mach 1
IUP/5spd
Born: 02/06/2004
DTMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 04:08 PM   #97
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
No, I caught it. I just think that a alot of anything either of you twos say belong in this thread so its did'nt really appeal to me. Also for the fact that alot of 1g's are beater cars. Just ask Voda48 he owns one..., and guess what? Its for beating.

We were talking about the turbo AWD ones the whole time though, not the N/A FWD POS's. He said 'all'. Honestly there are quite a few of your entire posts I could put in here, but oh well. The DSM quote made me laugh the most. You got saved.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 04:24 PM   #98
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
We were talking about the turbo AWD ones the whole time though, not the N/A FWD POS's. He said 'all'. Honestly there are quite a few of your entire posts I could put in here, but oh well. The DSM quote made me laugh the most. You got saved.

Kid, theres no nice way to say this seriously, but you're an idiot. I can't even begin to fathom how a person as un-intelligible as you can even manage to type. Or at least you come off as somone who shows faint signs of intelligence. You have meager/partional knowledge on cars, and I have idea how you think half the shit you say is actually correct. Its blatently obvious from alot of your post that you either don't know what your talking about, or your getting your opinions from somone elses written source. You claim to have "driven" certain cars, but then again you speak of no personal experience in the car other than "Yeah I drove one of those my friend has one".

If you're going to undermind somone with personal experience with a certain car at least have your own personal experience in that certain car to back it up. Not just some half baked written ass online article that you googled in a few seconds. As I've said before and I'll say it again. You need help far beyond I can give you. It would be best you sit back and read instead of posting your half-witted idiotic statments. Again its blatently obvious from alot of your previous post you have no idea what you are talking about.

I've said all I have to say, take it as you wish. I have not time nor need to debate idiocy with an idiot.
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 05:17 PM   #99
Satty101
CF's L body Freak
 
Satty101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Colorado Springs CO
Posts: 2,865
Don't start you 2.

"the cracked window" (not what you think. The window was slightly opened.)

me:*pulls onto freeway*
friend: What the hell is that noise?
me: What noise?
friend: That noise. It sounds like my door isn't shut or something. But shouldn't it rattle a little if it wasn't shut?
me: Ya, that's that new stuff from Dynamat. It keeps your door from rattling if you have a lot of bass. (*joking*)
friend: Damn, I gotta get me some of that stuff. Seems to work pretty good. (*serious*)
me: Yep. But first, do me a favor. Shut your window. It's cold in here now.
friend: *shuts window* There's no such thing as a dynamat kit for doors is there.
me: *laughing histerically* Not that I know of.


One of my favorite stories...I like making people feel stupid like that.
__________________
My cars:

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 05:25 PM   #100
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
Don't start you 2.

"the cracked window" (not what you think. The window was slightly opened.)

me:*pulls onto freeway*
friend: What the hell is that noise?
me: What noise?
friend: That noise. It sounds like my door isn't shut or something. But shouldn't it rattle a little if it wasn't shut?
me: Ya, that's that new stuff from Dynamat. It keeps your door from rattling if you have a lot of bass. (*joking*)
friend: Damn, I gotta get me some of that stuff. Seems to work pretty good. (*serious*)
me: Yep. But first, do me a favor. Shut your window. It's cold in here now.
friend: *shuts window* There's no such thing as a dynamat kit for doors is there.
me: *laughing histerically* Not that I know of.


One of my favorite stories...I like making people feel stupid like that.

Hate to break it to you Satty, but the jokes on you. There is an actual dynomat door kit, trunk kid, floor kit, even licenseplate kit.

Look here

It works pretty well if you ask me. I'v been in a car that was double layered all the way arround in dynamat. The sound quality is supervelous.
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 05:26 PM   #101
Lukaz
CF-Mitsucolt
 
Lukaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: England , UK
Posts: 300
The most dumbest thing ive heard someone say was my mate...

Maybe theres a problem with the fuel injection in the carburetor

*smack him round the back of the head*
__________________

Mitsubishi Mirage 1.6i 16V GLX - My New lil runner this year
Lukaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 06:20 PM   #102
What
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Costa Nocha
Posts: 652
This was dumb:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
The new M5 is going to be pulling 1.2g/1.3g on a skidpad.

This was dumb too:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
4 cylinders..1 turbo..5 gears... down the quarter mile in 8.76@165mph. DSM, need I say more?

An 8 second, 4 cylinder beater car.....

Last edited by What : 07-21-2004 at 06:23 PM.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 06:43 PM   #103
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by What
An 8 second, 4 cylinder beater car.....

Yet again you prove how stupid and idiotic you are. Also that you have NO knowledge on cars whatsoever.

Timeslip

Let it be known that WHAT is a Moron...
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 06:52 PM   #104
SuperJew
I like pie.
 
SuperJew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Suburbia Central, New York
Posts: 2,584
okay, this one isnt about cars, but its funny nonetheless. so my friend Missy and I are laying down on a college quad, staring up at the sky. there have been fireworks going off for now apparent reason. so Missy sees an airplane but doesnt realise that...and says...

Missy: look at the fireworks!
Me: thats an airplane.
*she stares at me and we both start laughing hysterically*

this next one isnt exactly dumb but is kinda funny...my friend Jack just randomly said:

"I like chinese people...they're small and edible."
__________________


CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 06:57 PM   #105
Satty101
CF's L body Freak
 
Satty101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Colorado Springs CO
Posts: 2,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Hate to break it to you Satty, but the jokes on you. There is an actual dynomat door kit, trunk kid, floor kit, even licenseplate kit.

Look here

It works pretty well if you ask me. I'v been in a car that was double layered all the way arround in dynamat. The sound quality is supervelous.


Oh..That's cool...I should get one. But the stupid part about that story was it was his window that was open and he opened it. Thanks for the info though DSMer
__________________
My cars:

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.