Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2006, 01:24 PM   #16
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Really? How do you keep the MIL from staying illuminated?
We cleared all the error codes.

SlipKnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 02:24 PM   #17
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipKnoT
We cleared all the error codes.
Ding, ding, ding. Folks, we have a loser. Like to know why?

1. It is an indiputable fact that a 1998 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi is an OBD-II equipped vehicle, as are all passenger cars sold in the US since 1996.

2. Because of the above fact, it is also an indiputable fact that it is equipped with both upstream and downstream O2 sensors. The upstream sensors monitor the engine and the downstream sensors monitor the cats. If the cats are hollowed out, the will obviously not work. If they don't work...

3. ...the PCM will set some combination of codes concerning lack of activity, slow response, catalyst efficiency below threshold, etc. All of these codes are emissions related and are therefore hard codes. That means that the MIL will illuminate on the first drive cycle and remain illuminated until repaired and cleared. You can only clear the codes, but they along with the illuminated MIL will return on the next drive cycle. Additionally, because these are emission related, they MAY cause the MIL to flash depending on some other factors.

So Twinkie, bottom line is that your answer is null and void. Would you like to take this opportunity to tell the truth about the car, or do you wish to continue your charade of self percieved automotive knowledge? Your call.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 03:20 PM   #18
glagon1979
daddy x3

Quote:
Ding, ding, ding. Folks, we have a loser. Like to know why?

1. It is an indiputable fact that a 1998 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi is an OBD-II equipped vehicle, as are all passenger cars sold in the US since 1996.

2. Because of the above fact, it is also an indiputable fact that it is equipped with both upstream and downstream O2 sensors. The upstream sensors monitor the engine and the downstream sensors monitor the cats. If the cats are hollowed out, the will obviously not work. If they don't work...

3. ...the PCM will set some combination of codes concerning lack of activity, slow response, catalyst efficiency below threshold, etc. All of these codes are emissions related and are therefore hard codes. That means that the MIL will illuminate on the first drive cycle and remain illuminated until repaired and cleared. You can only clear the codes, but they along with the illuminated MIL will return on the next drive cycle. Additionally, because these are emission related, they MAY cause the MIL to flash depending on some other factors.

So Twinkie, bottom line is that your answer is null and void. Would you like to take this opportunity to tell the truth about the car, or do you wish to continue your charade of self percieved automotive knowledge? Your call.

dont they make "fake" o2 sensors? ones that send a false reading to the ecm to keep the car running the right way with no MIL?
Old 04-07-2006, 03:22 PM   #19
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by glagon1979
dont they make "fake" o2 sensors? ones that send a false reading to the ecm to keep the car running the right way with no MIL?
Yes, but if he had a sim, he would have mentioned it. Thank you for giving him the answer he needed to lie about the car.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 04-07-2006, 03:25 PM   #20
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
13 flat or 14 flat?

A stock one does in the high 14s. With those mods I can see a 14 flat possible...but 13 flat would take a helluva lot more.

With the mods he listed I cannot believe it either.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 03:28 PM   #21
glagon1979
daddy x3

Quote:
Yes, but if he had a sim, he would have mentioned it. Thank you for giving him the answer he needed to lie about the car.

my bad
Old 04-07-2006, 04:11 PM   #22
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot

Im not sure if we had SIM O2 sensor put in or not. My dad did all the work on the car. All I know is that we had any error codes that were in the ECU cleared. We dont have the MIL coming on, so he must have done something to bypass it.

Old 04-07-2006, 06:56 PM   #23
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Im not sure if we had SIM O2 sensor put in or not. My dad did all the work on the car. All I know is that we had any error codes that were in the ECU cleared. We dont have the MIL coming on, so he must have done something to bypass it.
That is the sound of back peddling. But now here's a problem that I see. You have bragged on an online forum that's readily accessible by the general public that your father has committed a felonious act. Gutting/removing/modifying the catalytic converters is a federal offense punishable by jail and $5k per day per occurrence. Just in the last 24 hours you may have cost your family $10k. Ooops.

Old 04-07-2006, 06:57 PM   #24
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

Quote:

new cars with their computers

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 09:46 PM   #25
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot

Quote:
That is the sound of back peddling. But now here's a problem that I see. You have bragged on an online forum that's readily accessible by the general public that your father has committed a felonious act. Gutting/removing/modifying the catalytic converters is a federal offense punishable by jail and $5k per day per occurrence. Just in the last 24 hours you may have cost your family $10k. Ooops.

Ooooo. Wow. Thanks for that great little bit of information. Around here, they're very lienient on that sort of thing. The cops around here could care less about what you do to your ride. Not having cats/hollowing them out doesnt matter.

Im done with listening to you. Dont bother flaming my posts because it will get you no where. You're wasting your time. All you do is talk shit on everyone around here. Dont you have a family or at least a wife to pay attention to? Or were you to much of a loser to get one?

Old 04-07-2006, 10:01 PM   #26
Cliffy
CF Loafer

A bit off topic here, but nevermind. SlipKnot, why do I bother asking people to have reasonably sized sigs?....you clearly think yours is acceptable?

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 04-07-2006 at 10:23 PM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 10:04 PM   #27
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
A bit off topic here, but nevermind. SlipKnot, why do I bother asking people to have reasonably sized sigs?....you clearly think yours is acceptable?
It is now.

Last edited by Cliffy : 04-07-2006 at 10:23 PM.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:23 PM   #28
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
It is now.
Much better!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 11:13 PM   #29
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Ooooo. Wow. Thanks for that great little bit of information. Around here, they're very lienient on that sort of thing. The cops around here could care less about what you do to your ride. Not having cats/hollowing them out doesnt matter.

Im done with listening to you. Dont bother flaming my posts because it will get you no where. You're wasting your time. All you do is talk shit on everyone around here. Dont you have a family or at least a wife to pay attention to? Or were you to much of a loser to get one?
I just looked in the dictionary at the word moron, and your picture was next to it. Do you understand what "federal offense" means? It doesn't matter what the local cops do, it's illegal everywhere in the United States of America, and you announced to the world that your father did it. That's not a flame, that's a fact.

BTW, my wife just read your post over my shoulder while I was typing. She asked me why I waste my time on ignorant little pussies like you. I didn't have a good answer.

Old 04-07-2006, 11:19 PM   #30
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
I just looked in the dictionary at the word moron, and your picture was next to it. Do you understand what "federal offense" means? It doesn't matter what the local cops do, it's illegal everywhere in the United States of America, and you announced to the world that your father did it. That's not a flame, that's a fact.

BTW, my wife just read your post over my shoulder while I was typing. She asked me why I waste my time on ignorant little pussies like you. I didn't have a good answer.
If your wife used those exact terminologies then.....shes awesome