Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2006, 07:03 PM   #1
OPC Power
CF Newbie
 
OPC Power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Burgos - Spain
Posts: 29
Question Opel in USA

Hi!

Is it possible to buy a Opel in the USA??

Bye
__________________
My Opel Astra 2.0T 200hp

OPC Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 07:58 PM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Not unless you import it...They were never sold here
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 08:07 PM   #3
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Not unless you import it...They were never sold here
Really? Are you absolutely sure about that? Do you mean to tell me that all Kadetts, GT's and Mantas sold in Buick dealerships in the '60's and '70's were a figment of everyone's imagination? I learn something new every day.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 08:19 PM   #4
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Really? Are you absolutely sure about that? Do you mean to tell me that all Kadetts, GT's and Mantas sold in Buick dealerships in the '60's and '70's were a figment of everyone's imagination? I learn something new every day.
...Never knew they were sold here

I haven't seen any in North America...Doubt there's any left for sale, but from what I understand, the Isuzu Gemini was basically a rebadged Kadett.
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 08:29 PM   #5
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
...Never knew they were sold here

I haven't seen any in North America...Doubt there's any left for sale, but from what I understand, the Isuzu Gemini was basically a rebadged Kadett.
Opels were sold in North America as recently as 2001, badged as a Cadillac Catera.



As for older Opels, they're not exactly growing on trees, but there are plenty of them still out there to be had. Just look at eBay.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 08:32 PM   #6
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Opels were sold in North America as recently as 2001, badged as a Cadillac Catera.



As for older Opels, they're not exactly growing on trees, but there are plenty of them still out there to be had. Just look at eBay.
Wait so the Cadillac Catera is based on an Opel?
GM doesn't own Opel so how could they do that, or is something else?
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 08:33 PM   #7
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
I thought he meant an actual Opel...What was the Caddy badged as in Europe?

GM does own Opel BTW.
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 08:37 PM   #8
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
I thought he meant an actual Opel...What was the Caddy badged as in Europe?

GM does own Opel BTW.
Opel. But the fact is that you said never. I'm not counting the Catera as an Opel, just trying to educate you. Oh, that was my error.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 08:40 PM   #9
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Hmm, didn't know that, learned somethin new today, thanks!
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 08:42 PM   #10
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Opel. But the fact is that you said never. I'm not counting the Catera as an Opel, just trying to educate you. Oh, that was my error.
I knew as an Opel, but I meant what kind of Opel?...I'm trying to learn about whatever I can...I thought I was right, but now I admit I'm wrong, and learned that Opels were sold here, and some of them were rebadged from cars made by GM.
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 08:53 PM   #11
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
I knew as an Opel, but I meant what kind of Opel?...I'm trying to learn about whatever I can...I thought I was right, but now I admit I'm wrong, and learned that Opels were sold here, and some of them were rebadged from cars made by GM.
Oh, okay, I misunderstood. In Europe it was the Omega.

__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 08:55 PM   #12
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Oh, okay, I misunderstood. In Europe it was the Omega.

http://autooboz.site.kz/foto/opel/opel_omega(2001).jpg
Thanks
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:14 PM   #13
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows

GM does own Opel BTW.

And GM has owned Opel since the late '20s.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:19 PM   #14
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
And GM has owned Opel since the late '20s.
Opel was around in the 1920's?...I thought they came out in the 40's...Good to know.
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:26 PM   #15
hondaman
I drive a Buick.
 
hondaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Somewhere in Alabama
Posts: 1,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Opel was around in the 1920's?...I thought they came out in the 40's...Good to know.
Earlier. 1910 Opel:
__________________
hondaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.