Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2006, 05:37 PM   #1
mattuk05
CF Newbie

my new car, what do ya think....

hi all, what do you think of my new car, its a ford KA 1.6 collection in british racing green with colour coded bumpers

it was featured in the New York museum of modern art , not this one lol the car in general, it was shown as it has some what unusual looks.

ive enclosed a pic

Last edited by mattuk05 : 04-12-2006 at 12:10 AM.
mattuk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:50 PM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattuk05
hi all, what do you think of my new car, its a ford KA 1.6 collection in british racing green with colour coded bumpers

it was featured in the New York museum of modern art , not this one lol the car in general, it was shown as it has some what unusual looks.

ive enclosed a pic

Attachment 1404
I think you'll find it's a 1.3litre, as the only 1.6litre variants were either SportKa or StreetKa models, made after 2003 I believe. I used to really like the Ka's styling, in 1996 when it was introduced. In my opinion it's getting a little dated now, although it's done well to look this fresh for ten years!....I mean, you couldn't say a 10yr old Mondeo looks fresh, could ya! I also think that Ford should have put the 1.25litre 16-Valve Zetec engine in the Ka, as this would make it far more lively, and more refined. They were going to do this, but didn't for some reason!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:16 PM   #3
mattuk05
CF Newbie

i stand corrected, yes it is 1.3 .....

i wasnt to sure on the looks of the car at first, the rear of the car is the unusual part but the front looks excellent i think. quite chunky and well rounded. i am a great fan of the ka but only with colour coded bumpers.

the front in my opinion does not look dated at all, the back, if updated with new lexus style lights looks good also, i intend to fit new lights and a spoiler, in the future possibly a body kit

Quote:
although it's done well to look this fresh for ten years!....I mean, you couldn't say a 10yr old Mondeo looks fresh, could ya! I also think that Ford should have put the 1.25litre 16-Valve Zetec engine in the Ka, as this would make it far more lively, and more refined

i agree, today i see P reg ford ka's that still look good today, especially the colour shown below
http://www.forddesktops.com/image.as...odified_02.jpg

Last edited by mattuk05 : 04-11-2006 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:47 PM   #4
chris_knows
๑۩۞

She looks pretty nice
Old 04-11-2006, 08:58 PM   #5
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
i stand corrected, yes it is 1.3 .....

i wasnt to sure on the looks of the car at first, the rear of the car is the unusual part but the front looks excellent i think. quite chunky and well rounded. i am a great fan of the ka but only with colour coded bumpers.

the front in my opinion does not look dated at all, the back, if updated with new lexus style lights looks good also, i intend to fit new lights and a spoiler, in the future possibly a body kit
I agree about the body coloured bumpers. I remember when the Ka first came out, it was part of Fords 'New Edge' design aparently, and alot of people didn't like it....It was too controvercial I think lol. I like them though (even if they are in need of a little face lift lol). However, if Ford brings out a new model like they intend, I think it's gonna look like the Fiesta, which could be a bad thing as the Fiesta looks quite bland in my opinion!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Old 04-11-2006, 09:39 PM   #6
mattuk05
CF Newbie

its been the same for 10 years, ford have just adapted it and released different versions, e.g. collection , style ....

they have released the sport and street Ka also which looks excellent.

all the ford cars in my opinion look the same , and bland as you say, the only one i like is the ford focus ST , others look too box like

the ka has been very sucessful, on the road i see one almost everywhere i look, left untouched by Ford in terms of design, left so much infact 05 reg ones still come in some cases with Tape players

Chat with me on MSN Messenger: mattnick1@o2imail.co.uk

Last edited by mattuk05 : 04-11-2006 at 09:42 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:14 PM   #7
PowerOn
CF Newbie

I'm sorry but I think this car is ugly as hell

I could have looked cute but ... for me it has something wrong. Looks too girly (not meaning it as an insult) I believe.
Or is it that I've seen too many bad female drivers owning this particular car ??
PowerOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:01 PM   #8
mattuk05
CF Newbie

the car in my opinion is like marmite, you either love it or hate it..... in my case i love it lol!

i agree with the girlyness of it..... but with a bit of modifications it can be transformed.... e.g. lights , spoilers, bodykit etc

Chat with me on MSN Messenger: mattnick1@o2imail.co.uk

Last edited by mattuk05 : 04-12-2006 at 10:07 PM.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:26 AM   #9
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
the car in my opinion is like marmite, you either love it or hate it..... in my case i love it lol!

i agree with the girlyness of it..... but with a bit of modifications it can be transformed.... e.g. lights , spoilers, bodykit etc

Please dont 'Boy racerise' it lol....Those who know me here will understand that I have a dislike against the whole 'Cruz' thing lol. Still, each to their own I guess! btw...I've got ya on the old MSN thingy...didn't know who ya were at first lol. But I used my Coppers nose and guessed hehe

Last edited by Cliffy : 04-13-2006 at 01:29 AM.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:42 AM   #10
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
THAT is awesome

Quote:
that isn't

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 04:39 PM   #11
nissanlover
CF Newbie

i hate fords kias they are a horrible shape to me
Old 07-22-2006, 05:47 PM   #12
True_Brit
Has a new job!

nissanlover, its a KA, i kinda like it, if they made a ST, or a RS it would be my sort of small car, they are pretty roomy in the front, for me anyway and im
6ft4in tall!
id say ford have done well keeping it in production for 10 yrs

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 05:48 PM   #13
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

its ka, not kia....
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 05:50 PM   #14
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6man
its ka, not kia....
Lol I was hopin he meant Ka, aa Ford Kia is a like a Ford Chevy

::says a little prayer hopin He will forgive me for putting the two words in one sentence:: lol
Old 07-22-2006, 06:23 PM   #15
True_Brit
Has a new job!

theyre good cars when you get a race engineer to remodel your car, my friends sister's friends brother (whew) had one with a 3litre V6 (vauxhall not ford) generating 375 bhp with a top speed of 160mph, not bad plus it was road legal!!!

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote