Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2006, 05:56 PM   #46
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OombaIsBack
I think your opinion is stupid. Its fine to hate things.

i hate pink cars....

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 07:26 PM   #47
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

*post removed by user to prevent any flame war that may occur*
Old 04-15-2006, 08:01 PM   #48
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voda48
*post removed by user to prevent any flame war that may occur*

i don't know why you edited it, b/c the original is in the email notification....

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 09:52 PM   #49
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Hating any cars is retarded. Period. Having a least favorite is normal. Blanket hatred and dislike is stupid.

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=14956
Which is why i didn't participate in this ignoramus discussion!!! I think that thread should be stickied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOombaisback
Of course this is coming from you of all people
Old 04-16-2006, 12:07 AM   #50
TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch

Quote:
umm well if everything goes as planned i will give it a shot of buying a used
R32 at the end of the summer if i can find one.

My (hopefully) future boss has one

Quote:
originally posted by happyboy7
AMC Pacer

WHAT?! you can't tell me you don't like the merthmobile

FAVORITES:
240sx
Civic
Probe GT

FAVORITES I CAN'T AFFORD:

2006 Zo6
2007 Z28 (it will happen!)
Most muscle cars
R32 or R34 GTR
Supra
RX7
etc. etc.

Most Hated:

Geos in general
Pontiac Aztec
Ford Taurus (especially riced-out zx2's)
PT cruiser
Kias
Hyundais (except tiburons)
"and the list goes on dum dee dum dee dum doh"

Quote:
I am crazy. But you know what else? I don't give a ****.
-Tupac
TurboLag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 06:14 PM   #51
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by OombaIsBack

You would. Especially since one of your favorite goals is being a closed minded moron.

Seriously, why is it a valuable goal to hate a car model or brand? Just so you can have an opinion? Why does the opinion have to be negative? Why is THAT the valueable goal?

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 06:17 PM   #52
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLag

Most Hated:

Geos in general
Pontiac Aztec
PT cruiser
Kias

Why? Why hate them? Just so you can have an opinion? Why is it hard to try to appreciate things that aren't your favorties? Are you afraid you might lose your favoties?

I had a PT Cruiser for almost 4 years and 70k miles. One of the best cars I've ever owned, and I've ownerd a LOT. Perfectly reliable, more fun than it had to be to do it's job (including being very successful at autocrossing). It may not have been styled like YOU like, but why does it HAVE to be? Should all cars look alike for you to be happy? That's not a good enough reason to HATE it, or anything.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 04-16-2006, 06:18 PM   #53
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:

Most Hated:

Geos in general
Pontiac Aztec
PT cruiser
Kias
Just out of curiosity, why Hyundais and Kias?

Other than that, I can see why the rest could be least favorites, either by blandness or "hit or miss" styling...
Old 04-16-2006, 06:21 PM   #54
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman

Other than that, I can see why the rest could be least favorites, either by blandness or "hit or miss" styling...
Ask him when a ZX-2 became a Taurus. My thinking is that if you're going to list something, you should at least know what it is.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 06:33 PM   #55
TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch

Quote:
Why? Why hate them? Just so you can have an opinion? Why is it hard to try to appreciate things that aren't your favorties? Are you afraid you might lose your favoties?

I had a PT Cruiser for almost 4 years and 70k miles. One of the best cars I've ever owned, and I've ownerd a LOT. Perfectly reliable, more fun than it had to be to do it's job (including being very successful at autocrossing). It may not have been styled like YOU like, but why does it HAVE to be? Should all cars look alike for you to be happy? That's not a good enough reason to HATE it, or anything.

Ok, maybe "Cars I don't particularly care for" would be a better subject to file those under.

Living in a low-middle class area, all i see is PT cruisers, neons, civics, and ratty old trucks. I wasn't doubting their dependability. Nor was I trying to convince you to not like them. I just see too many of them to the point where I'm sick of them.

And I don't think Chrysler should redesign them to my liking, or any other company for that matter.

"To each his own" "Different Strokes for different Folks" "Let it be"
Those are the words I live by
You don't have to like what I like, and the same for me.
I don't think any less of someone just because they don't like what I like.
I didn't mean to offend anyone by saying that "I don't particularly care for" pt cruisers and the others. But that doesn't mean you can't like them or that I think you shouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman

Kias and most hyundais are that kind of car that "looks like every other car". They're kinda boring. Although both companies have been changing my mind lately (Azera, maybe the amanti). Mainly the old models are the ones that "I don't particularly care for".

Quote:
-Tupac
Old 04-16-2006, 06:38 PM   #56
TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Ask him when a ZX-2 became a Taurus. My thinking is that if you're going to list something, you should at least know what it is.

To me, a 98 taurus looks like a 4 door zx2. Either way, I don't like either of them.

I appologize for making a simple mistake.

...Damn.

Quote:
-Tupac
Old 04-16-2006, 06:58 PM   #57
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
To me, a 98 taurus looks like a 4 door zx2. Either way, I don't like either of them.

I appologize for making a simple mistake.

...Damn.
Here's something for you to ponder. If it was so simple, why did it happen? Instead of playing victim try the think, type, submit thing.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 07:03 PM   #58
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Ok, maybe "Cars I don't particularly care for" would be a better subject to file those under.

Living in a low-middle class area, all i see is PT cruisers, neons, civics, and ratty old trucks. I wasn't doubting their dependability. Nor was I trying to convince you to not like them. I just see too many of them to the point where I'm sick of them.

Fair enough. "Hating" a CAR however, because a lot of them are in your area, is silly. There ended up a lot of them in my area, to, which is one of the reasons I decided to sell it. But that doesn't mean I have to dislike it. I judge a car on it's merits, not on it's popularity. I determine wheterh I would OWN one on how common it is, to a point, but not whther I *like* it or not.

Quote:
"To each his own" "Different Strokes for different Folks" "Let it be"
Those are the words I live by
You don't have to like what I like, and the same for me.
I don't think any less of someone just because they don't like what I like.
I didn't mean to offend anyone by saying that "I don't particularly care for" pt cruisers and the others. But that doesn't mean you can't like them or that I think you shouldn't.

There is a world of difference between hatingt something, and not having it as a favorite. There are cars that aren't my favortie, but I only would hate individual examples. For example, I loved my first Pinto, and tend to like Pintos for good bases to build race cars from. I woudln' town a stock orange one, but that doesn't mean I dislike them in general. I absolutely HATED my sister's Pinto, becau it never made it more than 5 miles under it's own power without something major going wrong with it, that *I* had to fix. It had been horribly abused by a previous owner and that car was a total POS. As an individual example, I hated it. As a general type, I didn't.

Quote:
Kias and most hyundais are that kind of car that "looks like every other car". They're kinda boring. Although both companies have been changing my mind lately (Azera, maybe the amanti). Mainly the old models are the ones that "I don't particularly care for".

Another thing is that I rarely consider a stock, mass produced vehicle, to be the ultimate version of what that particular car can be. ANY car can be made faster, or look better, or a combination thereof. And often, a boring basic car can be a better choice to build from to MAKE something that isn't often seen in your area, if you don't like cars that are common, and you can't afford your dream car. And yes, I'd often rather make something cool and unique out of a boring, basic car than to buy an "off the rack" car already done by a manyfacturer.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 04-16-2006, 07:19 PM   #59
TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Here's something for you to ponder. If it was so simple, why did it happen? Instead of playing victim try the think, type, submit thing.
Forgive me for not going over all 844 of my posts with a fine tooth comb.
I'll be more careful from now on.

Can I eat my desert and watch tv now?

I was wondering how long it would be until someone pulled the "think, type, submit" card on me. I thought i was doing well.

No ones perfect, hobo. Especially me.

Quote:
Fair enough. "Hating" a CAR however, because a lot of them are in your area, is silly. There ended up a lot of them in my area, to, which is one of the reasons I decided to sell it. But that doesn't mean I have to dislike it. I judge a car on it's merits, not on it's popularity. I determine wheterh I would OWN one on how common it is, to a point, but not whther I *like* it or not.

There is a world of difference between hatingt something, and not having it as a favorite. There are cars that aren't my favortie, but I only would hate individual examples. For example, I loved my first Pinto, and tend to like Pintos for good bases to build race cars from. I woudln' town a stock orange one, but that doesn't mean I dislike them in general. I absolutely HATED my sister's Pinto, becau it never made it more than 5 miles under it's own power without something major going wrong with it, that *I* had to fix. It had been horribly abused by a previous owner and that car was a total POS. As an individual example, I hated it. As a general type, I didn't.

Another thing is that I rarely consider a stock, mass produced vehicle, to be the ultimate version of what that particular car can be. ANY car can be made faster, or look better, or a combination thereof. And often, a boring basic car can be a better choice to build from to MAKE something that isn't often seen in your area, if you don't like cars that are common, and you can't afford your dream car. And yes, I'd often rather make something cool and unique out of a boring, basic car than to buy an "off the rack" car already done by a manyfacturer.

I understand and I agree. The main reason I filed those under "most hated" was because the name of the thread is "favorite and most hated cars". If it was "favorite and cars you don't particularly care for" then we wouldnt had to have had this convorsation. But I DO agree with what you are saying.

That's funny, I was going to ask if there were any cars that you actually hate

Quote:
-Tupac
Old 04-16-2006, 11:51 PM   #60
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
It may not have been styled like YOU like, but why does it HAVE to be? Should all cars look alike for you to be happy? That's not a good enough reason to HATE it, or anything.
Have you SEEN the Aztec?

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote