TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
Have you SEEN the Aztec?
LMAO!

I wouldnt take one of those for free

Quote:
I am crazy. But you know what else? I don't give a ****.
-Tupac
TurboLag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 12:39 AM   #62
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLag
LMAO!

I wouldnt take one of those for free

on wheel of fortune they were making that the car prize....

As for hated cars I'd say cars with a fart cannon, the car itself isn't that bad, but with the exaust on it....well it sounds like hell and its very annoying.

My favorite car...Dunno, I like the McLaren F1. I also like clean muscle cars. Favorite muscle cars are the Nova and the 69 Charger.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:14 AM   #63
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Have you SEEN the Aztec?

I almost bought one when looking at cars with my wife. Both of us thought the Aztek was a science fiction dune buggy camper, like all the cartoons we grew up with said would be available in the future. Have you SEEN vehicles in Anime? Not that much different.

The Aztek was built well, had a lot of clever features, drives good, and in 4WD version, cost over 10 grand cheaper than the AWD minivan it was based on. Not a bad deal, but we couldn't get one under $400 a month, even at $23k. So we bought the PT for $18.3k. We were looking at a yellow one with the factory 5 spokes and body colored cladding.

My wife's ex husband bought one as a family car to go along side his 3 series BMW. He said he didn't like being seen in it at first but he loved driving it. Most owners ended up loving theirs, too.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:06 PM   #64
boothe
CF Addict

I'm all over the map these days, can can be persuaded otherwise.

Like:
Pre-GM Saabs (safer, longer lasting, more dependable)
Jeep Rubicon (who doesn't like this car?)
Caliber (I like the attention to features - ipod holder, cooler glove box, flip out trunk speakers, etc.)
F-150 or Silverado (American made, dependable, cool upcoming models w/ the mega cabs, etc.)

Dislike:
Civic (Little too futuristic for me)
Scion / Element (Too boxy)

Stay tuned for updates, this could all change by noon - haha
boothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:12 PM   #65
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
I almost bought one when looking at cars with my wife. Both of us thought the Aztek was a science fiction dune buggy camper, like all the cartoons we grew up with said would be available in the future. Have you SEEN vehicles in Anime? Not that much different.
I assume by anime you mean the Japanese style of cartoon. In that case, no, but I bet they're as ugly as everyhting else in those cartoons.

Quote:
The Aztek was built well, had a lot of clever features, drives good, and in 4WD version, cost over 10 grand cheaper than the AWD minivan it was based on. Not a bad deal, but we couldn't get one under $400 a month, even at $23k. So we bought the PT for $18.3k. We were looking at a yellow one with the factory 5 spokes and body colored cladding.

My wife's ex husband bought one as a family car to go along side his 3 series BMW. He said he didn't like being seen in it at first but he loved driving it. Most owners ended up loving theirs, too.
So perhaps it is a great car underneath its ugliness, but if you're one of those people who see a car as more than a means from a to b, I don't see how you could live with it unless you didn't hold the popular opinion on its sheetmetal.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 06:33 PM   #66
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
I assume by anime you mean the Japanese style of cartoon. In that case, no, but I bet they're as ugly as everyhting else in those cartoons.

And sci fi films, etc. Remember the vehicles in Judge Dredd? How about the Land Master in Damnation Alley? or even teh "batmobile" in batman Begins? Not a pretty car at all. Doesn't stop it from being cool for what it does.

Quote:
So perhaps it is a great car underneath its ugliness, but if you're one of those people who see a car as more than a means from a to b, I don't see how you could live with it unless you didn't hold the popular opinion on its sheetmetal.

A lot of very practical vehcicles have had less than stellar looks. Think about the Jeep CJ series, or the average truck or older full size van. Think about the average dune buggy. Compare them to cars we consider beautiful. And what is beautiful? A Ferrari F1 car looks very different from a Ferrrari F360, which looks very different from a Ferrari 250 GTO, but all of them would be considered attractive.

What, for example would be considered particularly attractive about this:

...that it would remain in production for decades and have a loyal following of people that say "that's a good looking ride." it's not traditionally attractive liek a good pininfarina design, and shares almost no styling cues with other cars we call attractive. Do we think it's attractive based on what it does, not what it actually looks like in comparison to, say, a GT40?

The Aztek not supposed to be a sleek sports car, so there's no reason I have to require it to be one. I guess it's because I accept cars for what they are, or what they can be when modded, and don't require all cars stock to look like every other car in order for me to like it. I fully admit it's not beautiful, and could be considered ungainly by the average person (and was). But I've seen vastly worse. For the role it had to play, one of a funky, sci-fi dune buggy utility vehicle, it's no worse than a Meyers Manx.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 04-17-2006, 06:41 PM   #67
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Well the Aztec doesn't remind of anything in any sci-fi movies, world, w/e that I grew up with. Perhaps I just grew up in the wrong decade.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
Old 04-17-2006, 06:58 PM   #68
davsmitty
CF Addict

can I hate my truck? just kidding, i only hate when i HAVE to work on it. the rest of the time I love it; its ugley, hot, slow, uncomfortable, and smells like the old man i bought it from...its great.
davsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 03:28 PM   #69
musclecarneon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aondor
Favorite to afford
Thunder "Super" bird
96-2000 mustang
Maverick~Comet
Dodge daytona
Reatta
Miata
Allante
Cadilac Sts( this one is out of my price range but if my dad were suddenly get friendly with money i could get one)
Out of my Price Range
New Gto 6.0
Aussie falcon
Amx
Rebel Machine
Xlr-V
Ford Gt

Hated Cars
Honda civic Si
Ford Taurus
4 door geo metros
4 door cavilers
Vw golf
Any isuzu
the caliber
the neon
tiburon
anything made by subaru

You hate the neon and you hate everything by subaru ... i have a hint for you. go to hell.
musclecarneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 03:31 PM   #70
musclecarneon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman
Just out of curiosity, why Hyundais and Kias?

Other than that, I can see why the rest could be least favorites, either by blandness or "hit or miss" styling...

Hyundais and Kias are the worst made cars in the world, though some of them do look interesting.
musclecarneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 03:33 PM   #71
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclecarneon
Hyundais and Kias are the worst made cars in the world, though some of them do look interesting.
Then how about you providing us with some facts to back that statement up. That should be extremely easy information to find, if it is in fact true.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 03:58 PM   #72
glagon1979
daddy x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclecarneon

neons aren't much better. btw, have you provided any help to this forum at all?? and like hobo said, can you provide any info to back that statement up????????
glagon1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 05:33 PM   #73
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Then how about you providing us with some facts to back that statement up. That should be extremely easy information to find, if it is in fact true.
Yeah, I saw one of those things that reported the major problems per 100 cars or whatever and divided it by brand. There were some from about the past 5 years or so, and Land Rover was the one I remeber being in the last two or three every year. Kia was near the bottom, and I think Hyndai was near the middle somewhere.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
Old 04-19-2006, 06:24 PM   #74
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Notice where Hyundai and Kia rank. Mind you this is in comparison to same year cars. Even the worst on this list is better than most from just 5 years ago, and better than prety much anything from 15 years ago.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 04-20-2006, 01:13 AM   #75
Arod
CF Newbie

Favorite must be the new Golf Touareg.

Hate the new Nissan Xterra. Poor exterior in my opinion.

The Top of it's class!
Arod is offline   Reply With Quote