Old 04-18-2006, 05:46 AM   #16
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

I wish i could touch it.

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 06:52 AM   #17
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Looking good man! What are your plans with it?

P.S. if you didnt notice im a fellow M3 owner. I went for the e36 though. For how much I paid for my e36 I could have bought an e46, but in my eyes the e36 is more of a race car, less luxorious more coneccted to the road, etc. The e46 is more of a "bmw"
Old 04-18-2006, 12:46 PM   #18
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight

P.S. if you didnt notice im a fellow M3 owner. I went for the e36 though. For how much I paid for my e36 I could have bought an e46, but in my eyes the e36 is more of a race car, less luxorious more coneccted to the road, etc. The e46 is more of a "bmw"
If I paid for a BMW, I'd expect to get a BMW...

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 02:34 PM   #19
born to drive
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight

nothing major at the moment, 19" to replace the standard 18"'s which see a little lost in the flared arches

considering a 3 stage re-map with thorney motorsport in the uk

nice car yourself, i like the e36, but actually found the handling a little soft. the e46 seems much stiffer and taut and comparatively speaking (e36 vs e46) is much more 'race car' - then again i could have just drove a dud
Old 04-18-2006, 03:34 PM   #20
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Nice car! I'm sure you can understand the skepticism, because we do get a lot of posers around here.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:38 PM   #21
What?
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman
Nice car! I'm sure you can understand the skepticism, because we do get a lot of posers around here.
No, you don't get it do you? There is no skepticism, this is FACT. He does not own this car. I KNOW this.

Idiots.
What? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:06 PM   #22
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by What?
No, you don't get it do you? There is no skepticism, this is FACT. He does not own this car. I KNOW this.

Idiots.
I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't own it, but can you prove it? i.e. Who is it? lol
Old 04-18-2006, 09:26 PM   #23
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

We'll just see if he shows up with pics from Nurburgring in a couple of weeks.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 10:00 PM   #24
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:

Idiots.
Listen you plumb, this bloke shows more in his posts to prove that he actually owns this car than say a twelve year old would do. I mean, he's gone into great detail about how he owns it and seems to know what he's talking about. Lets face it, the alternative is the likes of you, What. And I for one think you are said twelve year old....

*Hopes he does own an M3 lol*

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Old 04-18-2006, 10:09 PM   #25
born to drive
CF Newbie

i find it quite interesting that i join a forum, post a introduction then post some pics of my car, which by the way i have every right to be proud of, then have individuals from half way across the world

1) claim to know me
2) claim i dont own the car
3) seem to require conclusive proof of ownership

what exactly is the problem? do you require every new member to provide catagoric proof of ownership? perhaps if id have joined owning a yellow 86 datsun then i wouldnt be questioned?! that is very probably a certainty.

half of me thinks why should i be put in a position whereby i have to prove to individuals i have never met and never will that my car is infact MY CAR the other half thinks even if i do post pics of me at the alfa romeo nurburgring trip then how does that prove i actually went when no one here has ever met me, seen me, knows what i look like

certainly not a very welcoming forum is it
Old 04-18-2006, 10:13 PM   #26
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by born to drive
i find it quite interesting that i join a forum, post a introduction then post some pics of my car, which by the way i have every right to be proud of, then have individuals from half way across the world

1) claim to know me

what exactly is the problem? do you require every new member to provide catagoric proof of ownership? perhaps if id have joined owning a yellow 86 datsun then i wouldnt be questioned?! that is very probably a certainty.

half of me thinks why should i be put in a position whereby i have to prove to individuals i have never met and never will that my car is infact MY CAR the other half thinks even if i do post pics of me at the alfa romeo nurburgring trip then how does that prove i actually went when no one here has ever met me, seen me, knows what i look like

It's because it's such a nice car that some of us have troubles believing you
Old 04-18-2006, 10:17 PM   #27
born to drive
CF Newbie

Quote:

Idiots.

wow i have a stalker! maybe a fan? bunny boiler!?

well your right, im not really me, im someone else! congratulations there

perhaps if you'd be so kind to let me know exactly who i am as i will need to change bank and passport details etc....

many, many thanks in advance
Old 04-18-2006, 10:37 PM   #28
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:

1) claim to know me

First off, I don't know where you're getting that the forum as a whole has been calling you a liar. Only What has done so, and he's been nothing but trouble since the day he joined, as far as I know.

By the way What, if we're so idiotic why don't you stop making unsubstantiated claims of your own and prove that what you say is true? Your word isn't particularly persuasive. Produce substantial proof or stuff it, ok?

Now, back to the M3 owner. You seem to take things rather poorly. Certainly not a very welcoming forum? Have you actually read all of the people complementing your car?

Now seriously, if you can't understand why proof is necessary for cars like this, allow me to explain it to you. Had you been a little kid bragging on the internet about his brand new uber-exclusive sports car, you most certainly would not have been the first. Want to see an excellent example? Look up some of "Solar"'s posts. People make false claims about themselves on the internet all the time. Want to see another great example? Take a look at another member, "newyorker"'s posts, especially some of the threads he has started.

This is why we are skeptical when we see a member claim to have a car that most of us would not have.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:37 PM   #29
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:

1) claim to know me

I find it funny how you reconise the negative comments that some members are practicing, and yet ignor the possitive ones, that the rest of us are posting....

Old 04-18-2006, 10:44 PM   #30
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Why doesnt born to drive just post a picture of his car with a sign on it that says "StiMan is a pimpdaddy"? That would destroy What's claim of his not owning the car, and help convincing the rest of us that maybe slightly skeptical. It also isnt that much work.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote