Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2006, 10:50 PM   #31
born to drive
CF Newbie

cliffy / hondaman

i had thanked those for their initial comments yesterday, on the pervious page before 'mr what' posted his / her own views

i apologise to you if my post seem rather sweeping as a statement, it wasn't intended and upon re-reading it i can understand both your comments

it certainly wasnt my intention to go tarnishing everyone with the same brush so hopefully this post will rectify that

i understand what you say about children posting claiming to be someone they are not and driving the next super or ultra car and appreciate your comments as to why there is some skepticism as to whether i own the car or not

i am a member of a couple of forums, mainly an alfa one as a previous owner, but also a couple of bmw and m3 forum in the uk and never experienced the skepticism shown - perhaps this is my own ignorance and expecting all forums to be the same

to both of you i apologise
Old 04-18-2006, 10:50 PM   #32
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Why doesnt born to drive just post a picture of his car with a sign on it that says "StiMan is a pimpdaddy"? That would destroy What's claim of his not owning the car, and help convincing the rest of us that maybe slightly skeptical. It also isnt that much work.
Then he'd be lying, because Chris_Knows is the pimp
Old 04-18-2006, 10:55 PM   #33
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by born to drive
cliffy / hondaman

i had thanked those for their initial comments yesterday, on the pervious page before 'mr what' posted his / her own views

i apologise to you if my post seem rather sweeping as a statement, it wasn't intended and upon re-reading it i can understand both your comments

it certainly wasnt my intention to go tarnishing everyone with the same brush so hopefully this post will rectify that

i understand what you say about children posting claiming to be someone they are not and driving the next super or ultra car and appreciate your comments as to why there is some skepticism as to whether i own the car or not

i am a member of a couple of forums, mainly an alfa one as a previous owner, but also a couple of bmw and m3 forum in the uk and never experienced the skepticism shown - perhaps this is my own ignorance and expecting all forums to be the same

It's ok, I understand your frustration, but most members here have seen this scenario soooo many times before that it gets rather tedious lol. As I said though, due to what you've said so far, it seems that you do own that car. Just ignor 'What' as he's just a bored school boy...

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 10:58 PM   #34
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
cliffy / hondaman

I think that part of it is a location difference. In North America, an M3 carries a lot more weight than I feel it does in Europe. Obviously it isnt like a Focus or something over there, but I just feel like BMWs arent quite as lofty a car there as they are here. Someone having a M3 here catches attention more than if they had one in Europe. Of course I could be wrong because I have never been to UK, but when I was in Paris I saw tons of MBs and BMWs many as cabs--something that could never happen here because of the general large amount of respect for these vehicles and the fact that many of them are imported across that big blue wet thing that separates the US from Europe.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 11:05 PM   #35
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:
cliffy / hondaman

Oh, no problems. Your frustration can certainly be understood when it comes to members such as What.

In any case let's start over. Nice car! Looks like you take excellent care of it.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:07 PM   #36
born to drive
CF Newbie

hows this?

Old 04-18-2006, 11:13 PM   #37
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Alright, now I believe it lol
Old 04-18-2006, 11:16 PM   #38
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Lol, nice air freshner.

Ok, we good.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 11:50 PM   #39
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Quote:
nothing major at the moment, 19" to replace the standard 18"'s which see a little lost in the flared arches

considering a 3 stage re-map with thorney motorsport in the uk

nice car yourself, i like the e36, but actually found the handling a little soft. the e46 seems much stiffer and taut and comparatively speaking (e36 vs e46) is much more 'race car' - then again i could have just drove a dud

lol, I think you drove a dud, either that or the euro versions are COMPLETLEY different. I test drove an e46 and had the exact opposite impressions as you. the e46 seemed more luxurious, not as connected to the road, slower steering response, softer suspension. It was DAMN fast in the straights compared to my car though. The e36 is more of a race car IMO, more of a drivers car.

I dunno, different strokes for different folks. E46's are by no means slouches.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:40 AM   #40
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
lol, I think you drove a dud, either that or the euro versions are COMPLETLEY different. I test drove an e46 and had the exact opposite impressions as you. the e46 seemed more luxurious, not as connected to the road, slower steering response, softer suspension. It was DAMN fast in the straights compared to my car though. The e36 is more of a race car IMO, more of a drivers car.

I dunno, different strokes for different folks. E46's are by no means slouches.
Sounds like you should have driven a CSL instead!...

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Old 04-19-2006, 02:26 AM   #41
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Sounds like you should have driven a CSL instead!...
I'm not entirely sure we got those over here....=*(

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 02:32 AM   #42
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
I'm not entirely sure we got those over here....=*(
Just a stripped out M3 really, alot lighter!

Old 04-19-2006, 02:40 AM   #43
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Just a stripped out M3 really, alot lighter!
Has a bit different body kit too, looks slighty better imo.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
Old 04-19-2006, 02:44 AM   #44
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
Has a bit different body kit too, looks slighty better imo.
Sorry, I misread your post....I thought you hadn't heard of it lol. Yes, they do look a bit nicer.....I like my luxuries too much though....although the CSL still has A/C so that's all good I guess lol!

Old 04-19-2006, 03:33 AM   #45
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Sorry, I misread your post....I thought you hadn't heard of it lol. Yes, they do look a bit nicer.....I like my luxuries too much though....although the CSL still has A/C so that's all good I guess lol!
Well, I didn't really know anything about it cept that it looked a little different, and had to be faster. Why would it be a different trim level if it wasn't?

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV