Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2006, 06:01 PM   #1
sarahann
CF Newbie

95 Neon Starting Problem

I've looked through and haven't found an answer yet.

I have an early model 95 dodge neon sport. The car is SOHC and automatic transmission. I have found out it originally came from California. Recently, my car has decided not to start. The only codes it gives are 12 and 25. Before my car went out, the gauges started going crazy. They would die and come back on. I am not sure if that his related. When the car is attempted to be started, it makes a rurring noise, almost like it is trying to turn. It sounds almost like the car is coughing. The fuel filter, pcm, ignition coil, and crankshaft sensor have all been replaced. My battery and alternator are both good. The timing belt has been checked and is on fine. The sparkplugs and wires are fine as well. The car has plenty of gas. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing my car not to start? The battery cables do not look in the best condition, but I have not found any that match them to have them replaced yet. I am not sure that would help it, as it. I do have one other question. My car does not like to give me my keys out. I have to wait a few moments before it releases them. Does anyone know what this could be. If anyone has any ideas on how to start my car, please help me. Thank you very much.

Last edited by sarahann : 04-17-2006 at 10:21 PM.
sarahann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 04:41 PM   #2
sarahann
CF Newbie

There is one other thing. The car gets spark, but not all the time.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:27 PM   #3
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahann
There is one other thing. The car gets spark, but not all the time.

spark plugs or wires maybe

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 08:46 PM   #4
sarahann
CF Newbie

The spark plugs and wires are new and the iac was just replaced, but it still won't start.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:18 AM   #5
sarahann
CF Newbie

I already have the Haynes manual. Thanks a lot. I'll have that stuff looked at. Hopefully, it gets figured out. I miss being able to use my car!
Old 04-25-2006, 04:36 PM   #6
sarahann
CF Newbie

I having the stuff looked at. There is just one other thing. When you try to start the car, it sometimes makes a backfiring noise. I'm not sure why.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:52 AM   #7
sarahann
CF Newbie

I'm still having no luck with my car. Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks! ^_^
Old 05-17-2006, 03:01 PM   #8
prvn
CF Newbie

My mother had the same problem with her car. I was told later that she had accidently filled up the fuel tank with diesel on her petrol car ...anyway it 'might' be that water has some how found its way into your fuel tank. Maybe you didn't close the fuel tank properly the last time you filled her up. but im not too sure though.