Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2004, 05:42 AM   #16
DJ Nonsense
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
and i agree. its all up to the owner! after all, its his/her car, right?

NO YOUR WRONG! J/P

Love the sig by the way

Takes a long time to gain respect, but it only takes seconds to lose it
DJ Nonsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 01:03 PM   #17
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
That is your opinion. Most trucks on the road in the US don't do any sort of work beyond carrying groceries. And the vast majority of 4x4's never even travel down a dirt driveway.

Yes, trucks should be dropped if that's what the owner wants to do. Yes, trucks should be raised if that's what the owner wants to do. Very seldom are these modifications done to make the truck more useful or better for a particular purpose, they're just done because somebody likes the way it looks. Your question is much like asking "should trucks be blue?". Well if you like blue probably but if you like red, well then maybe not.
camaro67, I really dont see why you see this post as you do, I didn't find it rude!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 04:14 PM   #18
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
And I suppose posting that reply twice gets your point across better. If you wanted an opinion you should have asked "Do you like lowered trucks or not and why?". What you did was stae your opinion and look for people to agree.

I don't know of anyone here who needs to calm down, but I know someone who needs to smarten up.

Dude you have some hostility issues. "Can't we all just get along?"

As for the issue at hand, I think the owner's opinion is all that should matters because in the end they are the ones who will be driving the car, not any of us. If they choose to lower it, thats great. If they give it a 12" lift and need to get a ladder to get in their truck, more power to you

Last edited by Voda48 : 04-01-2004 at 04:17 PM.
Voda48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 04:35 PM   #19
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voda48
Dude you have some hostility issues. "Can't we all just get along?"

As for the issue at hand, I think the owner's opinion is all that should matters because in the end they are the ones who will be driving the car, not any of us. If they choose to lower it, thats great. If they give it a 12" lift and need to get a ladder to get in their truck, more power to you
1. No, we can't all just get along. That is a phrase used by people who would rather go with the flow, no matter how uncomfortable it may be, than make a valid point.

2. I have hostility issues. I'm not the one who PM'd myself and said I should go blow goats. Read from the top and see who started this and then tell me who has issues.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 04:48 PM   #20
camaro67
CF Newbie

sry for the misconseption

sry i thought u were jumping all over me for asking this question really my bad i just wanted to hear opinons ok so sry for calling you shit my bad ill back off
camaro67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 04:49 PM   #21
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro67
sry i thought u were jumping all over me for asking this question really my bad i just wanted to hear opinons ok so sry for calling you shit my bad ill back off
Fair enough with me. What part of Florida are you from?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 04-01-2004, 04:50 PM   #22
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Here's my opinion...As long as it'd not a 4X4 truck getting dropped, That's fine with me. But IMO, 4X4s should be lifted. They just look better lifted than lowered. However, there are some trucks that do look very nice lowered instead of lifted and vise versa. Close to all S-10s look cool lowered. I just like the look better when they're lifted. F-350 duallys look cool lifted (even though I have no idea how they hell you'd lift one of those bigass trucks), but I saw one lowered a few days ago that nearly made me drool. And this coming from somebody who really doesn't like Fords at all.

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 04:52 PM   #23
camaro67
CF Newbie

im from around miami are you from florida?
camaro67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 04:56 PM   #24
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro67
im from around miami are you from florida?
I grew up between in Pinellas county.

Old 04-01-2004, 08:08 PM   #25
Integra_LS
CF Enthusiast

I think it just matters what kind of truck you want. If you want an F-350, I doubt you want to slam it over some chrome rims, lol. But hell, who am I to say anything, I am busy at work modding a 5,000$ car :-\

<Power to Weight>

Integra_LS - Member of the unofficial vwhobo fan
Integra_LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 08:13 PM   #26
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra_LS
I think it just matters what kind of truck you want. If you want an F-350, I doubt you want to slam it over some chrome rims, lol. But hell, who am I to say anything, I am busy at work modding a 5,000$ car :-\
Have you ever seen a one-ton dualie six-pack dumped hard pulling a race car (or something equally cool)? To sum up the look it's bitchin'.

Old 04-01-2004, 09:24 PM   #27
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Anything in the Land Rover/ Range Rover catagory should be raised by about 12" and have a set of 35"+ tyres on them. They look the mutts nuts...!

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 09:35 PM   #28
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
Here's my opinion...As long as it'd not a 4X4 truck getting dropped, That's fine with me. But IMO, 4X4s should be lifted. They just look better lifted than lowered. However, there are some trucks that do look very nice lowered instead of lifted and vise versa. Close to all S-10s look cool lowered. I just like the look better when they're lifted. F-350 duallys look cool lifted (even though I have no idea how they hell you'd lift one of those bigass trucks), but I saw one lowered a few days ago that nearly made me drool. And this coming from somebody who really doesn't like Fords at all.

Agreed, some cars look really nice lower. I saw a Denali that was lowered today on my way to class. Very smooth.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:54 AM   #29
Integra_LS
CF Enthusiast

Yes actually I have, I saw a rx-7 pull up against this huge f-350 lifted up with like 35" mud tires, the f-350, which it said was a twin turbo diesel pulled the rx7 with no prob and ran an 11-12, it was pretty damn sweet! Plus it was a Ford, Ford trucks all the way.

<Power to Weight>

Integra_LS - Member of the unofficial vwhobo fan
Integra_LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 03:40 PM   #30
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra_LS
Yes actually I have, I saw a rx-7 pull up against this huge f-350 lifted up with like 35" mud tires, the f-350, which it said was a twin turbo diesel pulled the rx7 with no prob and ran an 11-12, it was pretty damn sweet! Plus it was a Ford, Ford trucks all the way.

The cool thing about those big diesel trucks is that you can get this Mod from www.Bullydog.com that will work in most new diesel trucks. Once installed, you have a switch in your vehicle that "stage 1" will give you 60hp extra, "stage 2" will give you and extra 100+hp. They are really cool. My friend put one in his Excursion.

If you look at that website, www.bullydog.com that is what I would like to do to a truck

Last edited by Voda48 : 04-02-2004 at 03:43 PM.