Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2004, 06:21 PM   #31
Kottonmouth
CF Newbie

..... You can chip or ECU upgrade almost any vehicle on the market.

I live in redneck country, every second vehicle on the road here is a truck. Imports are spit on, its all about the north american manufacturers here. While I don't share the same mind as most automotive consumers 'round here the sight of a dropped, shaved Chevy half ton makes me drool. I agree with the previous comment that if its a 4x4 it should be lifted, anything over a half ton should probably be lifted up, altho I have seen a couple of very nice looking lowering duallys.

Like almost everyone else has said, personal preference.
Kottonmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 01:05 AM   #32
whiskeygirl666
CF Newbie

wrong in so many ways

i'm a girl and when guys have trucks that are lowered it makes them look...i dunno...weird. if anything you should lift it. i don't know about other girls, but i love big trucks (don't take that the wrong way), especially diesel!!
whiskeygirl666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 01:11 AM   #33
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I grew up between in Pinellas county.
Since this has been revived lemme just say holy shit Hobo lol, I live in Largo
Old 10-05-2005, 01:23 AM   #34
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
1. No, we can't all just get along. That is a phrase used by people who would rather go with the flow, no matter how uncomfortable it may be, than make a valid point.

2. I have hostility issues. I'm not the one who PM'd myself and said I should go blow goats. Read from the top and see who started this and then tell me who has issues.

And let me say... this cracks me up. and still does

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 03:58 AM   #35
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Notice how when a girl does it, everybody's fine, as if people were posting on it just yesterday, but if I were to do it, everybody would start flaming me, and calling it spam
Old 10-05-2005, 04:02 AM   #36
brewer_26
CF Newbie

i think that they should only be dropped if it is an s10...those are the only trucks that look good lowered.
brewer_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 01:14 PM   #37
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeygirl666
i'm a girl and when guys have trucks that are lowered it makes them look...i dunno...weird. if anything you should lift it. i don't know about other girls, but i love big trucks (don't take that the wrong way), especially diesel!!

What if I don't WANT to go offroading? I had no problems towing anything that I wanted with my lowered trucks, and I had no problems carrying what I wanted. If YOU want to raise your trucks, go ahead. Many of us just love low vehicles.

BTW, if I wanted to go offroading, I'd use a Jeep or a Land Rover.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 01:44 PM   #38
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Notice how when a girl does it, everybody's fine, as if people were posting on it just yesterday, but if I were to do it, everybody would start flaming me, and calling it spam
That is so true... Anyways, it is kind of weird looking back at the Hobos cynical side. I like the look of some trucks when they are dropped, and actualy some SUVs as well. Personaly Brewer, I think the S10 looks like garbage when dropped. I guess it just goes to show that we all have our opinions huh?
Old 10-05-2005, 02:31 PM   #39
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer_26
i think that they should only be dropped if it is an s10...those are the only trucks that look good lowered.

I completely disagree. I loved my low Toyota, my low Mazda, my low Chevy LUV, my low Suburban... I'd love a dropped full size '67-72 stepside or a '50s Chevy.

S-10s don't look that much different than any other small truck, so how would they look good lowered and not others?

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 10-05-2005, 02:36 PM   #40
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows

Actually, notice HOW she did it. She said they looked "I dunno...weird" then said she liked big trucks. It simply wasn't as insulting as the way a lot of the guys say it. And she's right. If you're not used to the way they look, it does look weird, as stock vehicles aren't that low. She didn't say it was retarded or that people who do it were idiots that should be killed in some way. She just said it looked weird to her and then she said what SHE liked.

This is what I've been harping on for years. if you don't like it, you don't HAVE to like it. You just have to be less insulting about the things you don't like.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 10-05-2005, 04:31 PM   #41
Bino
Written Off

Well, in my opinion, do something to your truck, lift it or lower it. Just make it stand out from the crowd (ironically I've done neither to my truck, but I never had intentions of keeping it for very long). I'm a huge fan of "laying frame" or dropping a 44" bogger into a mud pit. If you're playing with your ride, it's great by me.

FYI, my stock Chevy pickup has dropped a lot of heavily modified Jeep jaw, you don't need to spend a lot of money to have fun off the pavement. The only place they've ever gone and I couldn't was based upon vehicle width.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:01 AM   #42
whiskeygirl666
CF Newbie

everyone has their own opinions. whether you like trucks lowered or not. why are some of you getting all pissy just because other people have their own opinions. what are you guys, like 8? can't we all just get along? and if anyone has pictures of their trucks, i'd love to see them. (not one's that are lowered though). sorry, i just prefer trucks that are lifted and that's my opinion
Old 10-07-2005, 04:03 AM   #43
whiskeygirl666
CF Newbie

oh, and by the way, thanks for sticking up for me chrisv
Old 10-07-2005, 04:10 AM   #44
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Let people do what they want. Liking or disliking it will not change things.

I agree with the above post...why argue over something so trivial?

Quote:
and if anyone has pictures of their trucks, i'd love to see them. (not one's that are lowered though)
Would a minivan suffice?

Last edited by hondaman : 10-07-2005 at 04:51 AM.
hondaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 06:28 AM   #45
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
everyone has their own opinions. whether you like trucks lowered or not. why are some of you getting all pissy just because other people have their own opinions. what are you guys, like 8? can't we all just get along? and if anyone has pictures of their trucks, i'd love to see them. (not one's that are lowered though). sorry, i just prefer trucks that are lifted and that's my opinion
My trucks not worth showing..... yet anyways. But its in my signature along with the 5th Avenue, what a project

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote