Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2006, 11:40 PM   #1
janet
CF Newbie

Question 90 toyo cam/ no power in acceleration

hi i have a 90 toyota camary dx and just when i think ive got it running right something else happens its almost like a game[whats wrong with the damn car this time] let me describe my promblem and maybe you know or have had this happen to you .when driving i have to push harder than normal to accelerate on the gas pedal usually i just have to keep light pressure.i am not saying i have to floor it there is hesitacy in the pedal could it be the gas the filter the fuel pump i dont know where to start ii am just wandering is something maybe on the verge of going? i live on a dirt road maybe my fuel filter/slash air filter is clogged the hell if i know any suggestions greatly appreciated
janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:16 AM   #2
Wally
I Know More Than You

It's a known fact that a car will fail shortly after it begins running fabulousy.

Checking the air filter should be quite easy. Replacing the fuel filter may require a few more tools, but at least you will have eliminated the obvious under a maintenance regime. You might also like to check you spark plugs for any obvious signs of distress.