Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2006, 04:46 AM   #1
DawnD
CF Newbie

fuel injectors fixed and cars messed up

I would like to ask a question about a car problem i am having....I have a 96 chevy cavelier that "was" running great, until i took it too a mechanic...I had my wiper motor replaced upon which the mechanic tells me i have a leaking fuel injector....so i took it to another place to be fixed....He calls me to tell me ( it was 5 hrs later, he said it would take an hr) that hes havin some trouble taking it off.....Long story short...My car is running like crap...its idling too high....blowing white smoke from tailpipe.....and making a weird noise when starting (he said he had to replace my starter cus once he fixed fuel injectors that he tried to start it and he heard a "clunk" and my car wouldnt start....My car was fine when i took it there....never over heated....no engine light has ever come on....no starter problems...nuthing and now my car is a MESS!!!! The owner explained to me that he got gas in my cylinder??? Says he sucked out most of the gas but that i needed to drive it a few days and i could bring it back if it continues whatever that means but i truly think this man may have messed up my engine.....I am distaraught cus this car is all i have.....Please help me....
DawnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:30 AM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnD
I would like to ask a question about a car problem i am having....I have a 96 chevy cavelier that "was" running great, until i took it too a mechanic...I had my wiper motor replaced upon which the mechanic tells me i have a leaking fuel injector....so i took it to another place to be fixed....He calls me to tell me ( it was 5 hrs later, he said it would take an hr) that hes havin some trouble taking it off.....Long story short...My car is running like crap...its idling too high....blowing white smoke from tailpipe.....and making a weird noise when starting (he said he had to replace my starter cus once he fixed fuel injectors that he tried to start it and he heard a "clunk" and my car wouldnt start....My car was fine when i took it there....never over heated....no engine light has ever come on....no starter problems...nuthing and now my car is a MESS!!!! The owner explained to me that he got gas in my cylinder??? Says he sucked out most of the gas but that i needed to drive it a few days and i could bring it back if it continues whatever that means but i truly think this man may have messed up my engine.....I am distaraught cus this car is all i have.....Please help me....
Wow! There are just so many holes in this story that it hurts my head. Somebody, somewhere is telling some tall tales, but I have no way of knowing who it is. The only thing that I can offer at this point is for future reference. Just because somone has dirty hands and can go to WalMart and buy some tools, DOES NOT make them a mechanic. Something tells me you bought the cheapest price for "repairs" instead of paying for quality... And now that's come back to haunt you.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 02:31 PM   #3
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Wow! There are just so many holes in this story that it hurts my head. Somebody, somewhere is telling some tall tales, but I have no way of knowing who it is. The only thing that I can offer at this point is for future reference. Just because somone has dirty hands and can go to WalMart and buy some tools, DOES NOT make them a mechanic. Something tells me you bought the cheapest price for "repairs" instead of paying for quality... And now that's come back to haunt you.

It actually amazes me just how much that happens to people

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:22 PM   #4
DawnD
CF Newbie

RE:fuel injectors

sad thing is, I did my research before I chose them...lol...They have been in business for 23 years...I even went so far as to contact the Better Business Bureau to make sure they had no complaints on them.....However, my car isnt blowing any white smoke out the tailpipe anymore but its still idling funny and when i start it, it sounds terrible, like metal is loose or something...Another mechanic says sounds like a head gasket but he said I would have an engine light coming on or something.....and so far nothing at all....I took my car to midas on the 14th and had oil changed and all fluids checked and they were all fine....I cant say exactly what it is that the mechanic did wrong but I will say this......whatever is in fact wrong with my car, I intend to prove that they did it....
Old 04-20-2006, 11:26 PM   #5
DawnD
CF Newbie

forgot ta mention this also...

The owner admitted to me that they had gotten gas in the cylinders...not sure what all that means but i did have a mechanic that told me ta call them back when he was having the trouble gettin the part off in the beginning, and tell them something about make sure to compress so they DIDNT get any gas in my cylinders cus this in fact could mess my car up.....The owner said they did get gas in them and that is why the smoke etc etc and to just drive it to let the gas burn off.....other mechanic said to park it and not drive it til i can get it looked at...car has been parked since wednesday...so u see, they have admitted to getting gas in the cylinder but of course, they are saying that nothing they did messed my car up......I suppose time will tell....Mechanic is looking at my car tomorrow so im sure ill know more then...
Old 04-22-2006, 05:03 AM   #6
DawnD
CF Newbie

NOW I know whats wrong with my car.......sigh

Well, turns out that the mechanic is an IDIOT and when he put the so called new fuel injectors back on, he didnt grease the "O" rings and they are all broke up and makin my car run like crap....Car is getting fixed next Friday and I turned them into the Better Busines Bureau....
Old 04-22-2006, 08:28 AM   #7
Wally
I Know More Than You

I reckon the guy put some sought of injector cleaner in your tank.